Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When did Wink become God of Long Island Lacrosse? And someone should take his crown because he is more worried about pleasing family members and lining his pockets.

True lacrosse people who have been around the sport for a long time know Wink and the LILJ are a joke. Pay to be recognized, even if you don’t deserve it!

Regarding his FLG business, it will come to an end soon enough. They have no idea how to run a competitive travel program. His Girls program will follow the same future as his boys program did.

I Don’t know anything about his club. But the LILJ programs he’s running for the girls in the off seasons of travel have been wonderful for my daughter’s development! He’s offering a lot of opportunity to keep playing for the girls and I know for a fact my daughter benefitted from the extras he has created for LI lacrosse. His staff is also great. The videos we were able to get from his programs and leagues were very valuable to my daughters recruiting efforts. The quality was 1000% better than any summer club tournament video from 500’ away filming. . They have an amazing video guy. We were able to get so many good clips to help in then recruiting process for highlights.

I really do think they provide a much needed service to LI lacrosse community. The clubs have been making so much off the kids forever. They actually bring all the clubs and LI lacrosse kids together to get better together! It is a business and they make money for a very valuable service they are providing. You just have to pick and choose which event to do based on your daughter’s age and abilities.

The LILJ leagues my daughter participated in were great. Playing against the other LI girls definitely made her a better player. They really do provide a great service as far as that is concerned.