BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,070
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
She isn’t even top 5 of the 2026 goalies in the league.

The best goalie isn’t on the best team.

Thanks for the insight, genius. The best goalie is going to beat Maryvale today.[/quote]
How’d that work out for you?
5,043 1,371,639 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 11:09 PM
St Joe’s Prep just beat Marple, the #1 team in the country, according to Dads on this forum
Guess it’s Downingtown Easts world now 😂😂

I don’t think you Guys understand, DEast put a 22 burger on Sun Valley, clearly a juggernaut. They should be lauded for that schedule
3,206 1,027,664 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Holy C**p! Why is everyone so angry on this site. The point of travel lacrosse is to make the boys better. The overwhelming majority will not play D1, if the make the D1 team will never see the field. The majority will play D2 or D3 and got a smallish athletic scholarship. The majority of money for college will come as academic money. Let the kids have fun and get better
239 56,845 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Additional players?
958 289,500 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:11 PM
1. Coppermine
2. Pride
3. Crush
4. Hero's
5. Stars
6. M&D
7. Skywalkers
8. FCA

Coppermine over FCA by 7
Skywalkers over Pride by 2
Crush over M&D by 1
Hero's over Stars by 8

Crush over Skywalkers by 3
Hero's over Coppermine by 2

Hero's over Crush by 1

Couple of points:

- Coppermine has to beat Hero's, which is no gimme.
- Assuming #1 occurs, Hero's will almost certainly be #2 seed because head-to-head is only thrown out when there is a three-way tie in head-to-head, which is not the case here.

So, Pride would play M&D Black instead of Skywalkers.

Not sure that makes sense. What if Crush ends up with a lower goals against than Hero's? Hero's and Crush didn't play head to head. Why would Hero's get the 2 seed in that case? I think the head to head gets thrown out whenever there is a three-way tie, even though I recognize that the rules only explicitly mention three-way tie in head to head. Goals against would then be the tiebreaker. Currently favors Pride.
3,225 749,866 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 08:47 PM
You know its bad in Annapolis when the Dalton boys step down!!!! When does the Royal Blue step in and force out Lilly and his son

School is a total disaster. President just pushed out. He and his administration destroy the school athletics program. Now he is heading toCalvert Hall as new principal. How long will it take to destroy that school also.
Good first step for STM. Dalton boys were pushing there guys to start instead of the best players. Hopefully Severn will take notes.

Where are the Dalton's going? I'm gonna guess this isn't gonna be good for business....
Such a great club program too!
12,989 3,386,073 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:37 PM
HoCo coaches need better concussion training. A concussed player was sent back in the game and things clearly got worse from there. When kids take significant blows to the head they should come out of the game for assessment and coaches should err on side of caution before subbing them back in. These games are meaningless fun but concussion impacts can be serious and last a lifetime. It shouldn't take a kid lying on the ground, puking, or not knowing where he is to diagnose a concussion. Hope coaches and the league will do better for the kids going forward.

Did this happen this weekend? That is terrible.

It happened last week to the FCA fogo. Their coaching staff has many decades of experience and should know better. I hope the player is ok.
I was there… the play where the kid was injured did not appear to be much contact. Next thing we know, he’s on the sideline and they’re calling for a doctor while the game is still joking on (about 3 min left). Couldn’t understand why the refs didn’t immediately call the game, it took them about 5 min to realize what was happening on the sideline. Tough to blame coaches, I’m sure the last thing they’d have done is send a kid out who’s at risk, and the game was already well decided.

It's all on video clear as day: Kid is slashed in back of head by his own teammate who is going for ground ball. Force of the slash drives FCA player's head into turf. Kid has trouble getting up and holds his head in pain. Cameraman in crow's nest immediately calls out: "He is concussed." Refs stop game. No flag because he was slashed by his own teammate. Coaches take him out. At that point system worked. Next step should have been a grownup telling him he's done for the day. But score had gone from 9-1 to 9-6. Game got tighter. 'Old school' lax culture takes over and FCA sends FOGO back out with his 'bell rung' despite clear concussion symptoms. Someone on FCA sideline should have spoken up. Instead, grownups let that kid down. And FCA coach (assistant?) owes DCE coach an apology for chirping and saying "Good job! Hope you feel good about this" (gesturing to hurt FOGO in distress as people start calling for an ambulance). The FCA coach escalated tensions and game got chippier. Game called after dirty hit by FCA player who cross checked the head of DCE kid half his size. FCA sideline cheered wildly as DCE kid is injured. Again, it is all on tape. Hope HoCo reviews and takes action to prevent future incidents.

You clearly weren’t there and clearly aren’t involved. you’re not even half right about the initial hit, I’m sure you mean well and appreciate your concern but you don’t have a clue.

just watched the film and this looks completely accurate to me. what did you see differently?

He was hit in the head by the DCE player’s shoulder before the stick to the head. It is obvious when you watch it slowly.

You can see why the keyboard jockeys would see it differently but it was clear in the game and if you slow the video down you see there too.

It really doesn’t matter either way, the people spreading misinfo on this board never seem to apologize.

You must be the FCA coach or #9’s dad. You’re literally the only nine who sees it this way. Blinders.

My kid is on neither team. I have no dog in this fight, but I can see with my own eyes what happened in this video. The overweight FCA coach w gray hair is indeed a clown. And it’s not like the game’s outcome was in doubt, the score was 13-6.

No, it sounds like you do. Don't play innocent victims here. DCE played nasty and cheap from the beginning. For every penalty that DCE's players received, they would receive a standing ovation from their coach. Is it a new strategy to play a man down but play dirty? DCE started this game to play rough and was receiving a load of penalties and losing 8:0.They targeted some specific FCA players, causing multiple penalties on both teams. At some point, DCE was playing two men down (43:20). By the end of the game, FCA began to retaliate more and more, and it got out of hand.

You sound like a broken MadLax record, trying to justify losing by 8:0 by the end of the first half. I guess you can take whiners out of Madlax, but you can't take Madlax out of whiners.

1:15:28: DCA #30 Pole hits FCA #5 on the back of the helmet. Speed is LOW, Value is UP, and you will hear a clank.

1:33:29: DCA #25 hits FCA #26 in the head, who does not even have a ball at that moment.

And this is just the last 15 minutes. And if it's true that your kid is on neither team and I have no dog in this fight, then it means you know squat!

This take really speaks volumes on values and character. What a deranged rant. In the land of grownups, GHCLC and Howard County, MD have been notified that coaches and officials need a refresher on concussion protocols. Whether they act because they care or because they do not want the optical or insurance risk, whatever it takes to prevent this from recurring.
10,329 2,067,765 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:30 PM
We're doing St Anthony's...not sure about any others. Boy Scout camp is taking a chunk out of our summer!
470 106,373 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:21 PM
I have one question. Top guns 2029 black is ranked 8th in the country. They participated in the queen of the island last year. Why weren’t any of them selected for the all Long Island ganes last year or this year ?

There are seven Top Guns selected for the All Long Island Games this year.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point. I said last year.

And then you put the word "or" followed by the words "this year"
244 47,623 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 07:27 PM
reports usually come out on Wednesdays. I think. Hopefully that troll comes out of the and enjoys the day from their cave dwelling hobbies.
Hi again Mr. Pot....
2,509 537,728 more...
Re: Girls 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 07:20 PM
These are all invite or tryout only and in order of importance to attend:

1. American Select
2. Players Open
3. UA 150
4. NB All American
5. Best in Class

Remove Players open and replace with Juniors- not sure how its even on the list. Remove UA 150 it was horrible last year and the other events have more coaches and exposure.

American Select
Best in Class
Juniors
NB AA

Yes they all cost $$. But its important for rising juniors and sophomores. Doing at least 1 is good for the girls who want to play college lacrosse.

To be fair, players open is a decent fall event if you are a sophomore. Lots of coaches there last year.
206 49,749 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 06:32 PM
There are 120 Division I women's lacrosse teams.

29 Teams make the NCAA Tournament.

15 Conference Champions receive an automatic bid.

14 Teams receive at large bids.

Who's in? Who's out?

Who is your Dark Horse to make a run and possibly win it all?

AAC - 2
ACC - 5 ??
AE - 1
Asun - 1
A10 - 1 ??
Big E - 1
Big S - 1
B1G - 5 ??
CAA - 1
Ivy - 3 ??
MAAC - 1
Mac - 1
Nec - 1
Pac12 - 1 ??
Patriot - 1

Looks like there will be 1 - 3 spots open for at large bids. If there are any upsets in some of the conference tournaments there could be less.

Who is in? who is out? who is on the bubble?
180 30,318 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Hard to prove that as they have only joined b brackets
620 133,647 more...
Re: Girls 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 03:36 PM
What’s the deal with FLG 28 and tradition 28? Both seem to be fading into oblivion.
19 5,400 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Jester 7 -4 not sure that’s very convincing both teams are very good igloo won last game 9-4 will be back and forth for years to come

At this age it can go either way for the top few teams. I think you will see Jesters, Igloo, Top Guns, Legacy, and YJ Babst compete and go back and forth with wins and losses for the next few years
156 38,094 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 01:07 PM
And you think that CoachC doesn't manipulate the Catholic HS Rosters? What would you prefer, Daddy ball and direct parent interference at the publics or club coach interference for the parents at the Catholics? It's all corrupt.

The real issue is the talent in the public school doesn't get better playing against mediocre competition, just builds false hope. Parent interference and liberal ways are polluting every part of society.

Deep pocket Daddy ball is live and well at the Catholic schools.

It sure is. It's amazing how much these schools have changed in the past 5 years. I have kids at 1 of the 2 Catholics for the past 6 years - this thankfully my last. What we have seen this year is a disgrace. Seniors left out to dry. Weird sophomore promotions. You can have it.

Varsity is about winning, coaches play the kids they think give the team the best chance to win, regardless of age.

Yeah, I believe that. There is a lot of juniors at some of these Catholics that will play in college and never start in HS. Especially at St As because of how talented the sophomore class is. And you can’t transfer to a school like Kellenburg or St Doms and try and have a little fun and enjoy Senior Year because the transfer rule.

St A's doesnt have one Soph that starts. and the coaches always protect the Sr that work thru the program.
10,706 4,211,343 more...
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous Yesterday at 12:30 PM
Insta Clippers 13, Hawks 3

Wow

Which parents are more insufferable? Gotta be the Hawks Dads/Mom right? I might drive down from PA…

Hawks staring at a 1-6 season, a demotion to AAA, and major departures from their team after the season. It's safe to say they are easily the most uneducated (lacrosse wise), delusional fan base. Also, an embarrassment to the once great Hawks organization. The coach they promised and posted all over social media about never showed up. They are poorly coached by wannabe dads. Not a single kid on that team recruitable for high school after next year. Kinda sad if you think about it....

What Coach are you referring too?

Didn't they announce some old Bayhawks player? Is he coaching?
What happened to these coaches posted on Instagram?

Hogan made empty promises. Bet on wrong horse. 2030 is daddy ball at its finest and the kids unfortunately are suffering for it. If the one shooter leaves they are doomed. Sad to see a once top notch overall program (all younger teams are a mess) go down the pooper.
535 152,063 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 02:43 AM
Must be Soft Shell Season for the Crabs!!! ML dominates all aspects of the game! Crabs D looks extremely vulnerable! They looked slow!! Crabs goalie overheats today and has to be pulled!! DO THEY NEED ANOTHER OVER HAUL TO COMPETE W ML and Hawks?? Next week could bring the same!! Yikes!!
407 102,663 more...
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Most are recruited early High School.
478 165,832 more...
Re: Annapolis Hawks Anonymous Yesterday at 12:11 AM
Not the 26's. Lost some key pieces, and the #10 ranking is a joke. How do you move up in the rankings after going 1-3 at NLF and losing to the #40 and getting spanked by the #30.

Its all about goal diff not wins and losses.

Which is a terrible way to rank these teams.

What way do you suggest? I find it to be pretty on target. Only issues I see is if a team has a lot less games, and haven't played good teams, they can be rated too high, but typically after summer, it all evens out.
226 72,921 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous
Yes, it was a drubbing , splitting those two games is a good outcome at least
3,952 1,919,328 more...
Re: Boys 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Even worse....they added a "combine " this year . They keep grasping at straws to be relevant. And of course to top it off they broadcast some games on YouTube....if you happen to watch one and listen to them try to commentate a boys high school game you will probably turn it off after 2 minutes. They don't know a thing about boys lacrosse.on long island . Time to give it up winks .....nobody goes back to your excelsior after the first time there now so they go back to your silly " winter showcases " and the test if your " be seen " events . They have local coaches calling people up to fill these events now because nobody will go back
Stick to your girl lacrosse tournamenta that you run and stop embarrassing yourselves
88 21,821 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous
Will Gains for Brains be live streamed anywhere?
8,554 3,057,131 more...
Re: Long Island Jesters Anonymous
For sure! The player is what is recruited, not the club (or at least that's what we hope!). I'm just trying to understand what kind of support there is for players who opt to go through the process, and the experience of the club to support players through it.

Should be an easy question to answer for anyone in that organization. I feel for you, like pulling teeth sometimes getting a straight answer.
257 355,292 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous
Any chance we can get a Philly area recruiting update for 2025's? Clubs, High Schools, and College Commitment
337 89,123 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
12 members (1026ME, BiggLax, abowden, Anonymous 1, cltlax, Thirdy@BOTC, IrwinFletcher, LILAXDAD2023, Team BOTC, lax516, JimSection1, Anonymous2027), 5,438 guests, and 5,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod