Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you haven't learned yet ,,,,, that is just the way they are. the YJ parents I mean,,,, yes they are threatened, with much more clubs around now, they aint what they use to be. every year the gap between YJ and other LI clubs gets less and less. and they are scared. just wait another 3, 4 years when these 2019, 2018 are HS age. you will see the changing of the guard.

Don't exactly know if what you predict here will happen, but it does appear the landscape is rapidly changing. As far as the stigma of yellowjacket parents....I now concede, many certainly are over the top. This over the top yellowjacket parent sentiment is something I heard whispers of when my daughter first started in girl's lacrosse. Never thought much about it early on for the first few years. Then you start playing the yellowjacket teams, and I will give the girls/club credit here, they are good. But... You notice the parent behavior on the sidelines and it's comical. Now yes many teams have parents like this, but yellowjackets undoubtedly has a very high percentage of the parents compared. Then comes the casual girl's lacrosse discussions you get into with people, and again there is a certain distain for all other clubs that is wide spread with so many of these parents and players too. Then lastly, with the one year anniversary of Back of the Cage, I've spent time on the threads for the last year. Here it is in black and white on display for all to see. Go on the yellow jacket thread or any other clubs thread and there will be yellowjacket parents bashing everybody and telling you how much better their club is than yours. Good for them, I guess. So, as I said, I now concede to the whispers. The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.

First, with all anonymous posts how do you know who is really making the post.
Second, many of the YJ posts on other boards are in response to those club parents. All of these other clubs compare themselves to the best, YJ. YJ simply respond.
Finally, the factt that everyone is talking about YJ speaks for itself.