Originally Posted by Anonymous
MY opinion go to an SEC school play club and enjoy the college experience I wish my older son did that. He's playing D-1 and honestly doesn't really love it anymore full time job. So dads make sure your kid is up to the challenge of school work and basically another 3hrs a day of Lax. Hopefully my younger guy takes my advice lol good luck.

Can’t agree with this more. A lot of kids want to commit for the sake of committing and end up at subpar d3 and d1 schools both lacrosse wise and academically. Play MCLA and travel to play teams like BC Clemson GaTech USC UCLA etc

And many kids have a great 4 years at schools they might not have been accepted at otherwise. Everyone is different there is not right or wrong answer.....

I would agree with this sentiment as lax does open the door for some but I would venture to say that those kids are in the minority, being able to punch above their academic weight class because of lax. I don’t have stats so I’m just venturing a guess that maybe top 20 academic D1 schools and top 15 academic d3 schools are very hard to get in and lax may have helped them but many of the other schools, kids can get in with or without lax. And then you have the reverse where kids will choose a less competitive school just to commit and play lax. I think the point was that MCLA offers some incredibly amazing options that quite frankly are not spoken about enough because it’s “club”. Some (not a lot) of those club teams would beat many d3 and d2 teams and maybe even a few d1