Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your 4th grader is a good lacrosse player that’s great, now if you’re 5,7” and your wife is 5’0”, your kid is going to be a runt, and by the time he’s in 11th grade he will have been run out of the sport. Likewise if your kid is a bit chubby, he’ll probably balloon up and also be gone. Just facts people, nothing personal.

I doubt this. Yes the trend is to go with the bigger kids. But D1 lacrosse is filled with small guys. I will use the young man that just completed his freshman year at duke. I know the kid well. He is listed at 5-9. He is shorter than that. Maybe with his cleats and helmet he is 5-9. That kid was always the smallest kid on the field. As a freshman at Duke he started almost every game. Did very well for a freshman. They also have a midfielder from Long Island that was. Sophomore this past year. He is a hair taller than the freshman. Both are very successful. You can look at just about every roster. There is someone who is small that contributes. If you have stick skills and speed you will be fine. Don’t let this guy dictate what you become

There will always be little guys that succeed but it is not usually the norm, at least at the very highest levels of d1. There’s a few small standouts and a lot more small role players but size and speed seems to be the small majority of the sport. Especially at the dpole position. People will point to Adler saying that small guys can play but not a lot of alders out there.

That being sad don’t give up. There may be a role for your smallish guy on a top team