Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have to love the school and want to be there if you never play another game or the $5k a year partial dries up.

It makes me cringe everytime I hear a dad say his kid got a partial ride to a school that accepts kids with an 850 2 part SAT and the list cost for the college is $48,000.

To get $5k to go a glorified overpriced BOCES program is a joke.

Go to a good school with a good fit and if the Lax works out, all the better

Funny but one of my older Daughters did not play Lacrosse, she did go to BOCES, she did graduate with honors, she did play the Cello and she did go to Cornell.

A friends son went to BOCES, graduated with Honors and because of it is at the Air Force Academy.

Sounds like two pretty good "Glorified BOCES" programs to me.

If BOCES was going start a course on how to put your foot in your mouth you would clearly be the frontrunner for the Instructors position there.
Your view of BOCES is interesting though, it is not quite unlike what most people think of us "Loud Mouth" YJ parents, thanks for making us look bad, I am sure you will keep up the good work.

More foolish talk. Not everyone player can attend an Ivy, top 20 school, etc. As long as she is happy; should it matter where she goes. The braggadocio is sickening!