Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter is signed up for two of the fall tournaments that are coming up. Although these events are raising money for a good cause, I’m just curious about how much money the organizer is making off of this. I understand that it costs money to run these tournaments, but after all is said and done, is the charity getting 100% of the proceeds or is it just another payday for someone.
When BOTC carries a charity tournament, we share the percentages back with the community. When you book an event outside of those carried here on BOTC, you are left to guess as to where that money is going. Our suggestion would be to speak with the tournament organizer and ask for a balance sheet on the tournament.
You can also call the charity to see if it’s a legit fundraiser. If you’ve never heard of the charity, I’d stay away or call the organizer for more info. If the web site promoting the benefit LAX tournament doesn’t have a link to the charity that it says it supporting or contain detailed statement about who or what the proceeds will be benefiting, I’d also question the organizer. Unfortunately, there are quite a few shady people out there who are taking advantage of the good intentions of these fundraisers.