Originally Posted by Anonymous
A- Scarsdale
B- Somers
C- Rye
D- Bronxville

A - Two-horse race here with Mamaroneck and Scarsdale. Scarsdale is going to be even better than they were last year, don't expect a slow start from them this time around. I think Mamo has a shot, they need to have a great game plan but they also have a great FOGO so maybe they can steal a few possessions. Arlington and North Rockland will be decent and have some talent. The dark horse nobody is talking about is Carmel. They return almost everybody on both sides of the ball and were hanging around with Scarsdale until the 4th quarter in the playoffs last year. It wouldnt suprise me if they ended up being the 3rd best team in A.

B - It's shaping up to be Somers vs Yorktown in the final. They have contrasting styles as Somers has offensive firepower and Yorktown has a stout defense with 3 divison 1 commits respectively. The deciding factor will be goalie play for Yorktown. I think Mahopac is the clear number 3 and are a talented bunch but are clearly a step behind the top dogs in the class. Lakeland and Fox Lane will be an interesting watches, talent is there but not sure what to make of them in 2023. I think the dark horse is Horace Greeley. They were a young team last year with underclassmen starting on both sides of the ball and can take a step foward to competing with the top dogs in section 1.

C - Most depth out of all the classes. In my opinion, I think John Jay is the team to beat. They have a lethal offense but can they get stops? Rye is considered by most to be the favorites and there is no doubting their talent. They lost a lot of talent to graduation but they have a good feeder program. Pelham is the defending champ and the 3rd best team, they return a lot from last year. Some teams who could be considered dark horses are Tappan Zee, Byram Hills, Pearl River, Hendrick Hudson, and Sleepy Hollow. All of those teams have talent and you can't expect to roll over any of them.

D - There are three teams vying for the Class D title. I would say Bronxville is the favorite. They return some studs on both sides of the ball and may have the best goalie in the section. Briarcliff is the defending champ and will be a tough out. Their 2022 senior class may have been the best in the section and those guys will be tough to replace. They have a stout defense and will want to win ugly. Pleasantville will be solid this year and will surprise a lot of people. They return their entire offense but will need to figure out the defense as they lost a ton to graduation on that side of the ball. Putnam Valley is a solid team and will need to be taken seriously but is a notch below the three teams above. Haldane is always feisty and has some talent. The dark horse is Rye Neck. They return the Section 1 points leader on offense and the Section 1 caused turnover leader on defense. They also have more firepower on offense than you'd expect on offense and a great goalie. Look out for these guys they should be a very interesting watch in 2023