Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
stop the insanity, every kid is a free agent and not just year to year but week to week and game to game, no contracts and no loyalty either way. until someone wants to pay my kid to play for them he is under no obligation and as long as there are tryouts the team is under no obligation to the kids year to year, whats next, a team is going to set up some friendly games after the season and then have a kid from another team come down and play with them? that would never happen, next month are tryouts good luck to all.
Actually the kid is shopping himself around and telling all the best teams he wants in...then HE will let them know which one he picks! No tryout for him. I know the switch a roo happens aall the time but now some players are calling the shots,crazy.

Why shouldn't a top player call the shots??? The clubs treat these kids like garbage anyway... your replacement is always around the corner. I say if the kid is that good, more power to him. And yes, teams use friends of other top players to recruit other kids. Tryout is nothing more than a formality in many cases... Welcome to the BUSINESS side of travel lax.