Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"This kind of turnover happens all the time at these top clubs name any of them and see the names on the roster change 40 to 70 % from 5th grade to 10th grade. Some year are worse then others because a team will fold and the kids all move to new teams."

While this is most likely the case it does beg the question why pay for a "top" team in 5th grade? What is a top team? Winning? (not at 2023) Do all the top teams charge that much more than other teams, if so is it worth it? I know I am responding to an old post but MadLax parents should take note. There are 2029 teams now being formed and a 2024 team with a college sized roster. Some players on the 2023 team started in 3rd or 4th grade and now need to find a new team a year before HS because Madlax imported an entire MD team that already had kids well known by the coach. I know everyone is free to do what they please and all kids can be replaced at any time. But "trust the process" is a joke. When a kid leaves Madlax he is called an ungrateful quitter. What happens when the club fails to develop the player? What does 90% turnover in the 2023 team say about the club in the year just prior to HS? Advice is look out for you and remember that there are other options in N.VA now more than ever.

Ok thanks for finding my old post. What has happened with the Madlax 2023 team is not the norm for this club over the last 20 years. The Madlax Cap 2023 team if I remember was under preforming before the DC Dogs team came over last year. This DC dogs team is very good and was built from a network of parents before Madlax was involved. The DC Dogs team came to CM or CM went to them people say both. And they ended up moving to Madlax to take advantage of network that Madlax the club has. The kids on the Madlax 2023 Cap team when the Dogs showed up had a chance to tryout and beat to make this team. Most did not. I think If the dogs team would of just dropped the name and just all showed up to a Madlax tryout in the fall or spring these same kids would of made the team and this would not be talked about.
* And to go back to my point about the 40 to 70% turnover from 5th to 10th grade these numbers also apply to the bad clubs/ lower level clubs. The Cavs,Evergreen,Battlelax, Top Cal. all these teams will end up with a 40 to 70% roster turnover from the 5th to 10th grade years.
* And let me give you a little history on the ungrateful quitter topic. This kid was a great player who was a starter he was not cut he was yelled at during a game and it hurt his feelings. Then then left the team without notice. Then yes he was called bad names. CMs lowest point for sure.
* Lets talk about your develop the player point. All coaches who have coached for 10 or more years learn really fast that how a kid is built and grows is the biggest factor in how good they become over a 5 year window. In imply Maldax is not teaching or stopping kids from doing things fundamentally sound is just 100% wrong. They coach the details as much or more then any coach. But if a real athlete shows up at tryouts in 7th or 8th grade and has lacrosse skills. It does not matter if your slow/fat or short son can tell you every detail of a lacrosse skill he will be cut.
I have more but I have to do a little work today.

Sorry to interrupt your work day. By the way when you will you be finished stringing my stick?