Originally Posted by Anonymous

Has the competition (kids and coaches) gotten better or has the Club lost its mojo or a combo? Can anyone from the Crabs organization post a SWOT analysis of what's going on or do I have to read more bombastic rear view mirror comments about the Programs past dominance. No more RM and his coaches junk, just an honest assessment and action plan.

That team has never been successful so I'm not sure what you are asking. They never had any mojo.

This is a high school team folks: last year prior to the recruiting changes, this age group would have been full of commitments. All I hear from the Crustacean synchophants is the Club is great at the high school ages. I hope they do improve dramatically but I’m not sure padding one’s record at lower level tournament is how one builds a strong team.

It is written on the walls! If you are unable to see it than maybe you should continue to come on here and get your info. Do you really think ANY director or club spokesman from ANY team is coming on this site to inform us of anything let alone why the suck . In the past 5 years Crabs has had only 2 competitive teams 2018 and 2021(maybe the best at those levels) and possibly 2023 even though they bounce players from 2022 every year. Other clubs have dramatically over the years increased coaching staffs and have learned to recruit players and more importantly develop players. Previous Crab years it was all about getting your teams top players and running a run & gun style that was fun to watch. They totally missed the part of development thru the ranks. There is also 10 more clubs in a 10 mile radius that makes it much more competitive all around. Not saying RM is a bad coach, he has won a ton of games. 2022 Crabs has a few very good players but not what they are used to having for an 8th grade team. They will be competitive this year just not at the top .
Its hard to get top players to leave current teams because of coaching. This age group is stacked with the best coaching in the country. MD 91,FCA,RR,DCE,Hawks,Dukes just to name a few-love em or hate em these teams have very good coaching and supportive coaching. Crabs started it all and laid out the foundation- Everyone has caught up to the tricks of the trade(holdbacks) but also have strong development at lower age groups. When you start charging 7,8 and 9 year olds to play lacrosse you better be developing them.

Well said. All the Clubs and lacrosse people in general know the holdback/prefirst game now. I was amazed at the lack of knowledge of Lacrosse people in Balt as it pertains to holdbacks/prefirst at start of grade based teams a few years ago. Crabs gobbled them up quick at first. Now everyone knows the game, even if you arent a Private School player/parent.

McD/St Paul/Loyola/Calvert Hall boys are no longer marching lockstep to the Crabs now. To many other good Clubs out there to play for. Plus a few seem to be associated with different private schools.

Crabs will be in top tier generally as they still are a pipeline to Boys Latin ( one of Holdbacks Kings) etc, but the days of dominating are gone. Those U13 and U15 Crabs teams of a few years ago were flat out great teams with on age players. No more