Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One reality all N.VA clubs need to face is that fewer kids are playing lacrosse in N.VA. This is true across all of the NVYLL clubs. There are now more travel teams with fewer players which means two things: first, the talent pool will be diluted and kids will be spread out across several teams, second, some clubs are simply not going to make it (look at 3d this year)

is there a way to fact check that NVYLL has less kids playing lacrosse. The sport is growing are you implying that it is losing numbers over all in DMV? Can we come up with a true number of clubs then times that by 20 kids and see what that number is. Then someone with access to it find a total of kids playing NVYLL.
I would say if each NVYLL club has a A level team at each grade. What % of those kids on each A team are or should be playing for a Travel program?

OK good thing is is a slow day at work. However this did not take too long as NVYLL keeps historical records and when challenged to fact check, I work in a numbers industry and cannot help myself. I used the 2012 records from NVYLL and compared U13 div which is now 12U with the 2017 records.
In 2012 NVYLL had 22 (A) teams 51 (B) teams and 33 (C) teams compete at U13 for a total of 106 teams estimated at 19 per team = 2,014 players.
In 2017 spring NVYLL had 21 (A orange and Blue) teams 24 (UB ub1, ub2, ub3) and 25 (LB or lower B Lb1,lb2,lb3) for a total of 70 teams at 19 per team = 1,330 players.
That is a difference of 684 players. What has changed is that some players do not play NVYLL and only play for a club in the spring. I know based on personal knowledge that this does not account for all players as some do play both. However, if we assume no kids play both club and NVYLL then we would have to assume the difference of 684 players are all playing club? If a club may take a larger roster, for example 23 players per team the number still does not add up. Only Madlax with 4 Teams Capital and DMV 2022 and 2023, Cavalier 2 teams 2022 and 2023, 3d 2 teams 2022 and 2023, and VLC 1 team 2022 played in the HOCO league. That is 13 x 23 = 299 players that leaves another 385 players not playing and assumes none of the kids did not also play NVYLL but the number is even higher. A good estimate may be a loss of 500 players not playing lacrosse. This would equal the loss 20 teams worth of players. Factor in the increased number of clubs and the math is quite simple. I am not a club owner of director however if I were I would pay attention to these numbers.