Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hello Madlax Parents,
How do you feel about the one large list of players and no rosters yet for the top and bottom team for each group?
I think its a great idea for the younger ages because your son can prove his skill in the next month to earn a spot on the top team. But for the high school team it will be harder because the top players will miss most of these workouts I would guess. I am not bashing this process but Madlax is the only DMV club doing this method of team structure just wanted to poll the other Madlax parents.

P.S. all the Madlax haters please feel free to give your 2 cents but at least say if you are a true Madlax parent or not.

It sounds great, but it's really just a smoke screen. All the kids in a grade practice together which is fine. But except for 1-2 kids on the Capital bubble, these guys know exactly who is on Capital and who is on DMV. But by not saying who is who until the tournaments start, it gives false hope to the DMV kids whose parents don't want to hear they are on the B team. My son has always been on Capital and everyone knows who is who. It fools mostly the new people to the club and those with blinders on who are clinging to false hope.

There is a reason why they do it this way. It attracts more people who are hoping/expect to be Capital when their kid is not good enough even though they are already locked in for the DMV team. I feel sorry for them because the DMV teams are pretty bad.

I agree the B or second teams have been pretty bad. The second teams where pretty good 5 years ago. But them being good showed people that this market could handle new and more clubs. Does anyone know how many second/B teams the Hawks are fielding this year? I know Next Level is doing a 2019/2020 second team. I think the Irony of the second teams is if parents egos or kids egos where not so bad then these top clubs should and could have great second/ B teams. If your son does not make a top tier A team it would make sense in theory to play for a top teams B team and practice vs. top A talent as much as possible. Just look at the talent of the 4 B level programs just in DMV alone. Cavs,Evergreen,Top Cal, and Battlelax. Maybe one or two more. If you took the best 3 players or more from each of these 4 clubs your team would win some north A bracket tournaments for sure. But Egos let these teams talk really good players into being top dogs on weak teams. I am sure other areas have this problem. But with my knowledge of this political lacrosse world the top clubs do have more pull and do there best to shut out the lower level clubs from the "places to be" at every chance they can.

So my question to this forum is. Second teams Good or Bad? If Good what is the best format to do them? If Bad how do you keep the talent from being to spread out and watered down?