Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wrong, not all about me. And you are to have me believe you read YJ and TG boards and its always all about your team? Never you?

Let me guess. When you were new to travel you committed to the first one that accepted your daughter. Or, you didn't tryout for any program other than the one you KNEW you were guaranteed to make. So your logic would be to wait until October to tryout for YJ passing up all the other team tryouts. On top of it all, you seem to suggest that these directors are telling everyone not to try out if you think there is even a chance you won't make it--essentially tryout for the team that is guaranteed to take you AND your first choice. I don't think this is the case nor do I think anyone would subscribe to this based on what I've read so far on this board.

By the way, my kid is a 2024 and pretty athletic and if you ask me, so I have no real way of determining her chances other than trying out (did very well in PAL but not saying it was a relevant gauge). That's why they call it tryouts.

Loving LI BOTC by the way.. this is awesome! I see now more than 11 million page views. Lots of good stuff and clear to me there are teams that stand out as a lacrosse utopia. All good.

From the sound of your email it's highly doubtful you'll be happy anywhere so just take the first spot that comes along and see how goes.