Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club owners make the majority of their money off tournaments. They are not going to change to age based until teams stop attending their tournaments. Crabs, FCA, Looneys and the MIAA schools they feed into thrive off the reclass scheme. Why would they change? Take one look at the Baltimore Under Armour Command roster and it is painfully obvious who is on age and who is not.

I looked. How is it obvious? How many born before 9/1/01?

It was so bad that even the guru of recruiting TY Xanders put out a remark that something had to be done about the age difference.
All his quotes

Age-based system (like soccer & hockey) should be enforced hardest at HS levels, where holdbacks are rampant. Creates uneven competition.

New rules should devalue reclassed prospects, but so many times this summer I watched teams w/ kids at least 1.5 years older than opponents.

Not trying to hate on reclassed kids - that is each family's decision & sometimes it's logical. Bottom line: clubs gotta go by birth year.

Ty Xanders...LOL...HAHAHA! Please say you are joking? Please say you are smarter than your post?

Well like most things on here when you call someone or some team a joke or bad you should be required to name a better option for the same thing. So can you name a better source or sight that follows high school lacrosse recruiting? I will be waiting but I am sure you will not name one. This lacrosse world is like Crabs in a bucket we eat our own.

Sure, for starters, in the MIAA every A conference coach is a better source for Bmore recruiting. And I will raise you one to keep you from asking another dumb question. In college, at least every D1 coach is a better source about college recruiting.

Reading comprehension isnt your strong suit I see....... Bmore recruiting is not the same as High School recruiting. I know you MIAA parents think the world revolves around MIAA HS lacrosse, but there is other places lacrosse is played at a high level. MIAA coaches know the MIAA as does local Xanders. But Xanders follows DC/Philly/Long Island/Conn/NY/FL/etc/etc.. MIAA coaches may know a kid here or there out of MIAA world, but not as much as Xanders.
Seriously College Coaches?? They may know what they are looking for more than Xanders but they dont follow all HS like Xanders. Once the fill up they dont pay a huge amount of attention to other HS players in the same class? Most college teams only need 10 -15 recruits each year. And for that..You want to tell us that they know HS recruiting better than Xanders. LOL and your D1 coaches arent even looking at some HS players D2 and D3 look at, There is a world outside of D1?? Right?? LOL