Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So the 2022 and 2024 teams finished a combined 2-10. The 2022's outscored by 20 goals for the season and the 2024's by 55.

What has happened? It's not just the grade based change. Is it that there are just more choices now and people don't want to expose t

I wasn't trying to open this can of worms. All top teams have holdbacks.

I'm honestly wondering what has happened that Crabs has 2 subpar teams. Not to mention that no one came to their tryouts this year. What is the reason people are not playing for Crabs as they have in the past?

Younger kids play with friends, then as they get more familiar with club and take it more seriously, they start to matriculate to the better clubs. If you are saying the 7th grade wasn't that strong this Spring, which I don't know, I would be willing to bet tryouts are strong next year. Not abnormal for a consistently strong club to have some weaker squads certain years. I don't think this is an anomaly, and certainly wouldn't include anything 2024 into the discussion quite yet. I believe all teams above 7th grade could be considered top 10 teams, so probably wouldn't start sounding the alarms yet.

Not sure about that. Their 2020 team is not very good anymore either as some of their studs left this year and they were replaced by average kids at best that were floating around on teams like Koopers and Lax World

The 2020 team is literally a top 10 team. The kids they lost to FCA had awful attitudes. They went 5-1 this Fall, and played great as a team, including the new kids. I would stick with you were not sure.