Originally Posted by Anonymous
All for PAL lacrosse.Enjoy the town concept, equal playing time, playing with your friends etc. l also like the fact that you play for fun & not for awards. What I dislike are the daddy coaches who push their own agenda - trying to make little Johnnie a star ( which will never happen ) he's just not that good.

unfortunately, it is a necessary evil.
it's a league reliant on volunteers. it's no different when the coaches kid is the starting QB, point guard, pitcher, etc. often the kid deserves it and isn't an issue.....but not always.
overall, I don't mind the coaches having their kids play a few extra minutes.....i look at it as their payment for offering their time throughout the season.
this is PAL.....as long as your kid is on the field as often as the rest of his buddies and having fun, does it really matter if coach keeps his kid out there?
the coaches kid probably has the worst post game experience of anyone on the team. probably hears all ride home about what he should've done differently... has to watch the game film after dinner then hit the cage in the backyard before bed