Originally Posted by Anonymous

I'll say it again, doesn't seem like the MD folks want to answer this one.......

OK, this year it's right in your backyard....Virginia. No excuse, won't cost much in money or time, except a SHORT car ride. Tell your directors you want to go, prove all of us wrong. See you guys there?

Not going because it's a weak tournament. Just think, you might be able to brag about your "national title" again. The MD teams like to play against top competition

All it takes is a few of the MD teams to show up to make it a strong tournament...the money and no college coaches there excuse is weak...we spend tons of money on travel lax, whats a little more? I would think the MD parents would spend a lot of money to shut up the YJ parents...Something doesn't add up here.

What you're not getting is that YJ is not at the same level as the top MD teams. There is nothing to prove. If you want to confirm that again, you will have attend the top tournaments (where MD teams are)

What your not getting is YJ has consistently come down to your homer tournaments , with your homer refs , your homer schedule and consistently beaten your MD teams .Which graduation year is it that you feel you have dominated YJ . [/quote]

2021, 2022, 2023 it is not even close. MD teams heads and shoulders above any team on LI.

2020 won multiple times over YJ this past summer as well.
2019 has won more than they've lost to YJ over the years

The age discussion is a joke. Girls don't hold back. No girls are repeating 6th, 7th or 8th grade in MD to improve their chances of getting recruited. LI directors sell that excuse to the parents to explain the losses.

All you have to do is look at last summer. I guess you think all these teams are winning because their players are older?

Mid-Atlantic Summer Champs:
2020-Rained out
2021-M&D
2022-M&D
2023-MD United

Laxin out Loud:
2020-YJ
2021-M&D
2022-M&D
2023-M&D

Lax for the Cure
2020-M&D