Must be a chunker that can't see his toes getting defensive. My son was a D1 AA and never played for any Baltimore club. Thank goodness. You people are crazy and delusional. Just enjoy the game. Don't hold your kids back for sports...there's no money in lacrosse. Don't believe the hype and sign up for every "showcase"...90% r money grabs. Ask yourself these questions:

1) is my kid a good student? If not, most lacrosse opportunities are gone.
2) is my kid fast? Unless a goalie, if your answer is no then your kid will not play at the next level.
3) does my kid have good cardio? If no, kid will not play at next level.
4) is my kid a competitor that fights to the end...tough..be honest? If not, no chance.

What this means is. Enjoy your sons time playing. Don't live through them. The majority of all these kids will not play D1 lacrosse. Of the ones that do have gifts, very few will receive much scholarship. Regardless of which team wins 8th grade title....the majority of kids on that team will not play at next level. Enjoy these years because high school will be last time you watch most of these kids play. That is, excluding many kids that can play D2, D3. Now go for a run fat dad.