If you are a can't miss high school star as a junior, every coach did miss you and it is too late.

I understand why people reclassify their kid to audition well in 8th or 9th grades. i have sons, two are older now. The physical difference between 15 year old and 13 year old school boys is enormous. It is a much bigger difference than later in high school or early in college when boys have ended the steep part of their physical growth period.

What I don't understand is the supply side. Using academy soccer as a long history guide, picking early teen winners is a losing bet. Academy soccer has an abysmal track record and one that has NCAA soccer coaches complaining and changing their methods of recruiting. Lacrosse isn't as seasoned or sophisticated yet, but it is very obvious now with the 2016 and 2017 classes that early recruiting did one thing well: identify the most advanced early teens. Those same kids aren't the best high school upperclass players.

If this really is survival of the fittest like Crabs owner believes, the market will correct and slice out the early kids who fizzled once the age advantage lessens into the later teens.