I had a friend who dropped his medical practice, started investing his own money and then ran a little hedge fund that could never raise much money because he predicted doom and gloom in the mortgage debt space and lost money for two years being early. He still made out like a bandit loading up a short on the mortgage debt crisis. Everyone called him a loser and a fool, but he kept pointing to all of the reasons why there was a forward disaster coming and then people called him a loser and a fool even louder. He cut staff, borrowed money from his friends including myself to pay his divorce lawyer when his wife left him and was basically almost convinced he just couldn't win when he did win. This lacrosse debate reminds me a lot of his situation. Most people can only see a disaster in the rear view mirror and then feel foolish for ignoring all the signs. Recruiting little kids for a college sport should be obviously stupid to everyone, but some more years will be needed for it to express out.