Originally Posted by Anonymous
i have to disagree with some of your points sage
That is fine - you do not have to agree with our points however these statements are based on having placed about three dozen Division I, II, and III players. You can therefore take our advice not. That is your call.

1. you said:For the very best players with an overwhelming drive to achieve in lacrosse, we would agree with you. For many elite/premier lacrosse players, the win-loss record seems to decrease in importance:

If I was a coach looking for players and knew a elite/premier player had a decreased importance, i don't think I want that player, I want a player that wants to win always.
College coaches will evaluate a player on the field in a variety of game situations : under pressure, speed vs. quickness, field vision, leadership potential, versatility,
and skills/results. A college coach will not be interested in the importance of the player to the club team, but instead will be assessing that player in the context of the needs of the coach's college team. Honestly, BOTC just does not understand why so many readers mistakenly believe that a college coach gives a damn about the record of a travel lacrosse team - it has nothing to do with the college team or the coach's ability to retain his or her job.

2.you said:Why should it be any different? Are you suggesting that the current teams (two blues) are mixed to the point where the Yellow Jackets can no longer dominate? If that is true, that would imply more competitive games which might actually help the recruiting process when you think about it. For national events (like the U/15 national tournament), you can expect that the "best of the two blues" will emerge on that team.

After 3 years of hearing how 2015 Blue dominated the age division as a coach I need to ask why the team was divided was there a chemistry problem or has the other clubs simply "caught up" to that team. As all Y.J. parents boasted, they didn't just win , they won big . So I need to ask myself , Has this team become average? Should I now be looking at club A? Maybe I should look at player B , because maybe Y.J. player B just peeked early and I can find the same thing at another club. and as far as the U 15 goes its not the only tourney, and with you logic does it matter if they win , why not send girls that need more recruiting help so they can be seen on a national level, who cares if they win.
College coaches are going to see PLAYERS - they are going to recruit individual PLAYERS that demonstrate an interest in their institution. College coaches are NOT attending tournaments to watch the Yellow Jackets at any level play. BOTC simply has no other way to express this point.

BOTC hopes that your student-athlete will not pay the price for your interpretation of how the recruiting process works. If you think BOTC has it wrong, read some of the literature from Everest Recruiting for a second perspective. If nothing else, BOTC can offer different views.

3.And finally you said this ( and I can't believe you really believe this ):For the very last time, put in the most simple terms : if you do NOT know why a college coach is at a particular field watching a showcase game, that coach is not there to see your daughter.

This is far from true , because I know the opposite happened twice at this event. Word had gotten out about 2 different players playing at a very high level and coaches came to watch them completely unsolicited by the player or coaches
Hundreds and hundreds of players at any given showcase - and you have two examples that offer a counter approach. That's fine and we think that if you believe that is the right process to follow, you should pursue that option for your student-athlete. BOTC/BOTN provide advice of use to the majority of players seeking to showcase, not players that exclusive appear at "a very high level".

Thanks for the counterpoint discussion. We think it is important to air these differing view.