BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,518
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 159 of 220 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No, not semantics, fact. She did not play for TG 2020. Therefore, they did not lose her. The end.

Program lost her...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not semantics, fact. She did not play for TG 2020. Therefore, they did not lose her. The end.

Is she being left back to repeat the 8th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know the kid and family you are talking about. What a shame some of you feel the need to bash. She's good and she's a nice kid. You can come on here and say what you want but most people have seen the way she plays and her play speaks for itself. Know the family for years. Our girls are friends from TG. They will remain great friends and so will we! Doubt the family is worried about fitting in anywhere. They have 2 older girls who play so making friends with the mommy's and daddy's of their youngest is probably not a big priority for them so you can can "stop worrying" - they will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually according to BS was going to be moved to 2020 this summer so in fact we did lose her , if you want to act like a [lacrosse] about it at least have a brain in your head. Again who cares , more playing time for our kids , less kids on the roster , less critical parents on the sideline are all positives. We may not go undefeated but honestly I just hope we become more team oriented and less win at all cost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know the kid and family you are talking about. What a shame some of you feel the need to bash. She's good and she's a nice kid. You can come on here and say what you want but most people have seen the way she plays and her play speaks for itself. Know the family for years. Our girls are friends from TG. They will remain great friends and so will we! Doubt the family is worried about fitting in anywhere. They have 2 older girls who play so making friends with the mommy's and daddy's of their youngest is probably not a big priority for them so you can can "stop worrying" - they will be fine.

Why would they not want to become friends with the parents of kids on their kids team, are they too good for them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they not want to become friends with the parents of kids on their kids team, are they too good for them.

I think it was said becoming friends is not a priority. I can totally understand that. I prefer to be casual with the other parents on my team as well. I participate in the events and leave it at that. Nothing wrong with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was said becoming friends is not a priority. I can totally understand that. I prefer to be casual with the other parents on my team as well. I participate in the events and leave it at that. Nothing wrong with that.

Here is a great suggestion - how about making it about fun and having a great experience for your daughter? Lacrosse is a wonderful, beautiful game. Unfortunately too many parents have turned it into a job for their kids. Unfortunately too many programs also feed into this and it's all about winning,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually there is something wrong with that. You will be spending the better part of the next 4-5 summers with these people , in hotels , at the fields, at practices etc . Most will have many things in common with you yet it seems and I could be wrong that you have no interest in even trying to strike up a friendship with these people. I know the type and you use the few parents who are the gossipy pains in the [lacrosse] as the excuse to keep to yourselves and stay "above all the political nonsense". Unfortunately you are probably missing out on some great friendships that will last beyond the years spent on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually there is something wrong with that. You will be spending the better part of the next 4-5 summers with these people , in hotels , at the fields, at practices etc . Most will have many things in common with you yet it seems and I could be wrong that you have no interest in even trying to strike up a friendship with these people. I know the type and you use the few parents who are the gossipy pains in the [lacrosse] as the excuse to keep to yourselves and stay "above all the political nonsense". Unfortunately you are probably missing out on some great friendships that will last beyond the years spent on the sidelines.

The writer said they keep it casual and participate in all events. That doesn't sound like having no interest in making friends. Sounds healthy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The writer said they keep it casual and participate in all events. That doesn't sound like having no interest in making friends. Sounds healthy.

What's sad is that TG has quickly become so much like the YJ program they hate so much.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok moron on the crazy temper tantrum because they might not want to get to cozy with you. Can you blame them? You are an absolute lunatic! The more you rant, the more you make them look smart and you look like a complete jack a.. Shut up and stop making the rest of us look as crazy as you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok moron on the crazy temper tantrum because they might not want to get to cozy with you. Can you blame them? You are an absolute lunatic! The more you rant, the more you make them look smart and you look like a complete jack a.. Shut up and stop making the rest of us look as crazy as you.

You just did a good job of making yourself look crazy. Lighten up Francis!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the NOW 2020 girl be repeating the 8th grade so her graduation year is the same as her playing year?

Is the NOW 2020 girl currently an 7th grader who is 13 years old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to all the naysayers that claim that SS doesn't have much involvement with the club, I have to say that I have been thrilled with the winter clinic so far. She is printing center teaching our girls a lot of great skill and they automatically respect her because of her history

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to all the naysayers that claim that SS doesn't have much involvement with the club, I have to say that I have been thrilled with the winter clinic so far. She is printing center teaching our girls a lot of great skill and they automatically respect her because of her history

Not sure what "printing center teaching" is but I agree, she's been there and hands on with the girls and she also very nice.. Goes to show don't believe everything these negative Nancy's post here on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the NOW 2020 girl be repeating the 8th grade so her graduation year is the same as her playing year?

Which holdback r you talking about? There are a couple.... R u talking about holdback that left TG to YJ or hold back that's still here at TG 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Not sure what "printing center teaching" is but I agree, she's been there and hands on with the girls and she also very nice.. Goes to show don't believe everything these negative Nancy's post here on this forum.

I'm going to guess "printing center" was autocorrected and should've been "front and center."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it depends on which team your on. Because this winter clinic is a waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it depends on which team your on. Because this winter clinic is a waste of time.

Wouldn't call it a waste of time. The instruction and staffing are very good (including SS). But the facility is inadequate. I suspect that is how they kept the cost of the clinic down. $125 for 8 practices per session is a good price. I would pay more if they had a better facility such as KK, or somewhere where they had two fields instead of cramming onto one with 50 girls. I suspect they will see a large drop in the number of girls who sign up for the second session.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if there are girls being held back on either team for 2019 or 2020?

That means that the girl is currently in 8th gr and will repeat the 8th gr again making her a 2020 player with a graduation date of 2020.

Or

Is the girl a 2019 -8th gr playing down for 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if there are girls being held back on either team for 2019 or 2020?

That means that the girl is currently in 8th gr and will repeat the 8th gr again making her a 2020 player with a graduation date of 2020.

Or

Big/good girl on TG 20 black is a hold back. not the same age as every one else, hence the better lax skills and IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't call it a waste of time. The instruction and staffing are very good (including SS). But the facility is inadequate. I suspect that is how they kept the cost of the clinic down. $125 for 8 practices per session is a good price. I would pay more if they had a better facility such as KK, or somewhere where they had two fields instead of cramming onto one with 50 girls. I suspect they will see a large drop in the number of girls who sign up for the second session.

This is not a fashion show, no need to have a 5 star facility..(turf, balls, goals and coaches) are all that's needed. stop complaining and go pay more elsewhere you smug elitist. I don't care where my daughter learns as long as she learns. There will be no drop off as is affordably priced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymouse
Unregistered
Anonymouse
Unregistered
A

This is not a fashion show, no need to have a 5 star facility..(turf, balls, goals and coaches) are all that's needed. stop complaining and go pay more elsewhere you smug elitist. I don't care where my daughter learns as long as she learns. There will be no drop off as is affordably priced.

You are correct. Doesn't matter the facility. But why does everyone need to resort to name calling. Please remain adults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymouse

You are correct. Doesn't matter the facility. But why does everyone need to resort to name calling. Please remain adults.

The training is fine, the facility is not.. the bubble is filthy and it would be nice if all the lights worked... I counted at least 6 that were out on Sunday..
knock on wood... no injuries that Im aware off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or

Big/good girl on TG 20 black is a hold back. not the same age as every one else, hence the better lax skills and IQ.

Lax IQ, please . That being said how do you know kid is a holdback, may just look that way.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Or

Can all of you please stop with the kid is a hold back. I am friends with the family and she turned 12 in the spring. Stop hating on this kid . She just happens to be a stand out player that is 12 and in 7th grade. You may be confused because she plays up when she plays hoops .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymouse

The training is fine, the facility is not.. the bubble is filthy and it would be nice if all the lights worked... I counted at least 6 that were out on Sunday..
knock on wood... no injuries that Im aware off

Obviously, you're one of the people who always finds something to complain about. The place is fine, and the sessions have been very good, and definitely worth the small fee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kidsgame

Or

Can all of you please stop with the kid is a hold back. I am friends with the family and she turned 12 in the spring. Stop hating on this kid . She just happens to be a stand out player that is 12 and in 7th grade. You may be confused because she plays up when she plays hoops .

Nice try to cover it up.. Kid is a hold back! Not sure how long you all thought this was going to be held under wraps..cannot and will not reveal source of info.. But it's no lie.. Let's just say Massapequa is a very small place when it comes to who knows who. Before kid got held back was in same grade with my niece,who is 13 so am I to believe kid skipped a grade and then got held back.. How does that work?? Kids family member that plays for other club is the only true 12 yr old in that family.. I don't care either way but let the facts be facts and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or

Nice try to cover it up.. Kid is a hold back! Not sure how long you all thought this was going to be held under wraps..cannot and will not reveal source of info.. But it's no lie.. Let's just say Massapequa is a very small place when it comes to who knows who. Before kid got held back was in same grade with my niece,who is 13 so am I to believe kid skipped a grade and then got held back.. How does that work?? Kids family member that plays for other club is the only true 12 yr old in that family.. I don't care either way but let the facts be facts and move on.

Hate to say it but you're correct, was just waiting for someone to let the cat out the bag. With that being said, there needs to be changes in the USL where they use the kids actual dob instead of grad year. I'm all for kids getting the xtra year of school if they're academically behind, I do however have a problem with those parents that use it to get their kids an advantage in sports. Not taking anything away from anyone's kid, but it is expected if kid is older to have better skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or

Not playing up for hoops, playing her actual age group. Plays 7th, 8th hoops.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parent that says they don't care, but had time to write an entire paragraph on a 12 year old girl that attends the same school as your niece-who do you really think you are fooling. Clearly you care. The bigger question is why do you care so much about someone's parenting decision? Focus on your own family. These things should not bother you. In the grand scheme of life, there are bigger issues than youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the original poster who posed the first question of being held back. I am a parent of a male lax player. I read BOTC to see what is up outside of my own nutty club.

No cat out of the bag. It is common sense that the girl is being left back due to the change is year play from 2019 to 2020.

Sad that the parents of the ladies feel the need to make their daughters repeat the 8th grade to gain an advantage.

I thought the hold back parents of the boys were bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess her older cousin who plays for YJ 2020 is a hold back as well. You losers need to get over it. Shes better than your daughter and shes the same age. If telling yourself that she is older helps you sleep better at night then keep on ranting about her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or

Hate to say it but you're correct, was just waiting for someone to let the cat out the bag. With that being said, there needs to be changes in the USL where they use the kids actual dob instead of grad year. I'm all for kids getting the xtra year of school if they're academically behind, I do however have a problem with those parents that use it to get their kids an advantage in sports. Not taking anything away from anyone's kid, but it is expected if kid is older to have better skills.

A kid can start kindergarten a year later or be left back early in their academic career. This would still make the child a year older than the rest in their grade. I would hope that parents don't think "oh let me hold Mary back when she's 4 or 5 to give her an athletic advantage web she's 13". Some kids are held/lleft back or LEGIT reasons. Stop belly-aching about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or

It's club lacrosse.....it's an audition for college coaches.....they could care less how old you are.....they have no interest in an age based system....they get you when you graduate, not when you turn 17. Stop worrying about everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she has to be more involved now and not BS. She cant have her best players defect to YJ in the alarming numbers that took place this fall. More hands on please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the original poster who posed the first question of being held back. I am a parent of a male lax player. I read BOTC to see what is up outside of my own nutty club.

No cat out of the bag. It is common sense that the girl is being left back due to the change is year play from 2019 to 2020.

Sad that the parents of the ladies feel the need to make their daughters repeat the 8th grade to gain an advantage.

I thought the hold back parents of the boys were bad.

you're very right, however the parents will deny it and bash anyone that dare questions it. see the firestorm about to happen on the forum because it was brought up and someone that knows first hand chimed in. to each his own I guess.Hold backs are the new way to get ahead. Would never do that to my child. if this lax stuff doesn't work out, well we move on to something else. Not that serious, There is life after lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess her older cousin who plays for YJ 2020 is a hold back as well. You losers need to get over it. Shes better than your daughter and shes the same age. If telling yourself that she is older helps you sleep better at night then keep on ranting about her.

Nope poster is correct cousin is the only legit 12 yr old.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Or

No cover up you have received bad intel. The cousin you speak of is my friends daughter. When this subject was bashed about last time I went to him and asked if his niece was a hold back. He laughed and said his daughter is older than his niece. Sorry to disappoint you. Have a nice day.

Like Reply Quote
Page 159 of 220 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard