Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
We welcome back our VA Partner: Jes of JIVASph to our team! | Fall Season events are IN for Lacrosse players!!! | Join our Lacrosse Forum Community | Advertise & Generate more organic supporters for your business
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,800
Posts398,930
Members2,637
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 80 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #449524 Yesterday at 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it doesn't matter. Unless you are one of the moms who thinks age is somehow the ultimate determining factor of skill and ability.

Obviously we need to establish teams made up of only kids with the same birth month, otherwise someone might be older and taking away from little Timmy's experience.

Next they'll be complaining about kids who do additional trainings as well. Little Timmy is busy playing Fortnight and it's not fair he should have to practice. Elite club lacrosse should be for everyone, participation trophies all around!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #449526 Yesterday at 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We were discussing holdbacks/prefirsts/reclass, try to keep up.
Yeah, and how can we best punish and demoralize these children, right. Shameful how they lock up all the D1 offers in middle school. It's not fair, club lacrosse should be softer than their school teams. How else would everyone get a scholarship while in middle school.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449530 Yesterday at 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and how can we best punish and demoralize these children, right. Shameful how they lock up all the D1 offers in middle school. It's not fair, club lacrosse should be softer than their school teams. How else would everyone get a scholarship while in middle school.

Thanks Holdback Dad for that refreshing outlook on D1 and 8th graders. That all you got ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449541 Yesterday at 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is nonsense given colleges can’t even communicate with kids at this age. We have entered Clowntown now and the BS is getting deep.

Coaches and recruits must wait until September 1 after an athlete's junior year, to communicate via verbal offers, emails, calls, texts and recruiting letters. Though, recruiting rules do vary from division to division, allowing coaches to contact athletes earlier, most division levels follow the NCAA rules.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449543 Yesterday at 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nonsense given colleges can’t even communicate with kids at this age. We have entered Clowntown now and the BS is getting deep.

Coaches and recruits must wait until September 1 after an athlete's junior year, to communicate via verbal offers, emails, calls, texts and recruiting letters. Though, recruiting rules do vary from division to division, allowing coaches to contact athletes earlier, most division levels follow the NCAA rules.
Your kids must not be hold-backs. There are still some schools secretly recruiting as young as 5th grade, but only holdbacks. Like the post above, there are a few kids getting these offers and it's ruining the sport for everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Anonymous #449545 Yesterday at 03:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"But lets face it. Crabs has them playing on the 29 team because they couldn't get any difference makers to come over from other clubs. Last year was a debacle so they knew if they didn't improve dramatically, King Crab was going to drop the hammer. They added as many reclasses as they could get but only one of those was on offense. So, out of desperation, they also kept a couple of 2030's on offense."

So crabs does have 4 holdbacks. All the boys are in 8th or seventh grade. So the 4 boys that are holdbacks, Where do they go play lacrosse in the spring? Maryland does not allow for 8th graders to play in High School nor does it have a league for this group. This is the reality of the rule that was set in place. I am sure that the holdbacks on the team were not held back for athletic purposes. If they were shame on the parents. I wish D.O.B's would be placed on rosters, because the reality is that there are bigger gaps in ages between on age kids than on-age and Hold backs.

We can debate this all you want however as long as there is no universal age clarification in all sports, this will keep happening. I blame, parents, coaches, club directors, and even U.S.A Lacrosse for the fiasco this has created. There "major players" in youth lacrosse that like to be the squeaky wheel so to manipulate things to their advantage. Back room conversations.

Ask any of the kids playing on the field what they think. They don't care. My kids is an on age player on a team with holdbacks and he could care less about how old they are. All he knows is that they go to his school or others schools in the area. Never has he questioned other teams for having hold backs. They only thing him and his friends have said is not good of a shot they have or they can run forever or they are good defensman.

I recommend it. Ask your kid if they care that one player is older than the other. The answer is they don't.

Side note. -I am against holdbacks. Just looking at it realistically.

1. Crabs has 5 holdbacks that should be 28's. 1 left attack, 1 LSM and 3 Close Defensemen. I won't name names out of respect for the kids and their families.

2. "where do they go play lacrosse in the spring?".... duh.... they play for their school team.

3. "I'm sure the boys weren't held back for athletic purposes"... .hahahahaha... sure they weren't. They just happened to pick a sport where holdbacks were permitted at the club level.

4. "Ask any of the kids playing on the field what they think. They don't care.".... some don't... especially if their team is benefiting from the holdbacks. Most do.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449546 Yesterday at 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine the level of delusion to think that your kid who can't make an on-age A team is going to be a Division 1 prospect if he holds back a year.
Does the same go for a kid who can't make a middle school team and needs his mommy to get the rules changed for him? How's that going to go in high school and college?

What a moronic take.... the purpose of the rules is to prevent older kids from playing down against younger kids due to the differences in physical development. By definition, the younger kids "made the team".

Nice attempt at deflection, lost holdback dad. Sorry your kid isn't capable of making a team his own age. Nice attempt at criticizing younger kids for their challenge in competing with your high schooler.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449549 Yesterday at 04:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Crabs has 5 holdbacks that should be 28's. 1 left attack, 1 LSM and 3 Close Defensemen. I won't name names out of respect for the kids and their families.

2. "where do they go play lacrosse in the spring?".... duh.... they play for their school team.

3. "I'm sure the boys weren't held back for athletic purposes"... .hahahahaha... sure they weren't. They just happened to pick a sport where holdbacks were permitted at the club level.

4. "Ask any of the kids playing on the field what they think. They don't care.".... some don't... especially if their team is benefiting from the holdbacks. Most do.

1. Four or five not going to get into an arguement over that.
2. What if their school doesn’t have a team. Talking about other kids not just crabs kids. Not all kids go to Lacrosse schools.
3. It’s not fair to assume it was done for sports. Learning and developmental concerns may have been discovered at an early age. Dyslexia, speech development, and other health concerns may have been an issue. All which are private. And some which have nothing to do with athleticism. We are in a lacrosse Mecca, everyone plays lacrosse or at least has been involved in it one way or another.
4. I did. I actually coach a team and thought I’d ask. They really didn’t care. They were more motivated to beat that team and they did.

Plus all the kids that go to school together don’t socialize by wether they are holdbacks or not they care wether they are a d$&@ or not.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449551 Yesterday at 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine the level of delusion to think that your kid who can't make an on-age A team is going to be a Division 1 prospect if he holds back a year.
Does the same go for a kid who can't make a middle school team and needs his mommy to get the rules changed for him? How's that going to go in high school and college?

What a moronic take.... the purpose of the rules is to prevent older kids from playing down against younger kids due to the differences in physical development. By definition, the younger kids "made the team".

Nice attempt at deflection, lost holdback dad. Sorry your kid isn't capable of making a team his own age. Nice attempt at criticizing younger kids for their challenge in competing with your high schooler.
So age isn't the issue, it's size. And of course we all know that kids are all the same size as they age. Makes perfect sense now.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449554 Yesterday at 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. What if their school doesn’t have a team. Talking about other kids not just crabs kids. Not all kids go to Lacrosse schools.
3. It’s not fair to assume it was done for sports. Learning and developmental concerns may have been discovered at an early age. Dyslexia, speech development, and other health concerns may have been an issue. All which are private. And some which have nothing to do with athleticism. We are in a lacrosse Mecca, everyone plays lacrosse or at least has been involved in it one way or another.
4. I did. I actually coach a team and thought I’d ask. They really didn’t care. They were more motivated to beat that team and they did.

Plus all the kids that go to school together don’t socialize by wether they are holdbacks or not they care wether they are a d$&@ or not.
1. "Respect" there's something that's missing around here.

2. You mean the school teams that are comprised of mixed ages/grades? That's gold, you really can't make this stuff up. So do tell, how that is different, and why it's okay vs. the club team?

3. It's very hard to believe that a rational adult would twist themselves up enough about this to honestly think that someone strategically held their kids back in kindergarten on the off chance that they'd take to lacrosse in middle school.

4. The kids are self aware enough to know where they stand. The parents, not so much.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Anonymous #449556 Yesterday at 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. If they don’t have a school team there are plenty of Rec programs, you held back to dominate, go dominate some rec kids, imagine the sick IG reels you can create showing how much of a beast your son is on the lax field.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449558 Yesterday at 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were reclassed solely for Lax. The 28 class was stacked and they couldn't compete. If they are BL kids they won't see the field with the 28’s that are there now.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449561 Yesterday at 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schools that have lacrosse teams in md are not competitive. Many of them have first and second year lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449568 Yesterday at 08:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So age isn't the issue, it's size. And of course we all know that kids are all the same size as they age. Makes perfect sense now.

Holdback apologists like you have all the excuses. There is something called fair play that is in every industry and everything we do. Laws get written to define it for adults. Of course it is skirted on many occasions.

Youth sports is one place that majority of people can agree should be a place for fair play. Age is the most common sense way to go about it. Allowing holdbacks to play down and get an advantage at youth level, while others with exact same birthday dont get that advantage goes against all common sense and fair play of youth sports.

You and the rest of the holdback apologists try to defend an undefendable position.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449572 Yesterday at 10:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is about as exciting as Jerry Springer episode. Keep it coming. May he rest in peace. Jerry Jerry Jerry.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449574 Yesterday at 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a holdback and I can understand why people are not happy, but the complaining is over the top. How many or what percentage of players in 2029 are holdbacks? I’m willing to bet it’s a very small minority. There are plenty of opportunities for good players to start. ~20 (or less?) holdbacks out of over 160 HoCo elite players is not why your kid is not starting. Work hard and earn your spot. This is not rec and you are not guaranteed anything just be you payed club fees.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449575 Yesterday at 11:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback apologists like you have all the excuses. There is something called fair play that is in every industry and everything we do. Laws get written to define it for adults. Of course it is skirted on many occasions.

Youth sports is one place that majority of people can agree should be a place for fair play. Age is the most common sense way to go about it. Allowing holdbacks to play down and get an advantage at youth level, while others with exact same birthday dont get that advantage goes against all common sense and fair play of youth sports.

You and the rest of the holdback apologists try to defend an undefendable position.

So kind of like the advantage you have paying thousands of dollars a year for your son to go to private school or play travel lacrosse? There are talented kids out there who don’t have your advantage.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449582 7 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Physical development is not limited to size. As kids age, their testosterone levels increase allowing them to carry more muscle mass, run faster, hit harder etc...

Nice attempt at a deflection though... I love how all of these reclass parents (and parents of kids who benefit by having reclasses on their team) seem perplexed by the idea that older kids are on average bigger and stronger than younger kids. It's almost like they believe the reclass families did it by accident and not to gain that benefit. It's also purely coincidental that reclassing is a major problem in lacrosse but not in sports like soccer and hockey where ages are strictly verified.

It's also purely coincidental that the 5 crabs reclasses happen to be the 5 of the biggest kids on the team.

They must really be enjoying themselves finally having some success after struggling on the "B" team against kids their own age last year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449583 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a holdback and I can understand why people are not happy, but the complaining is over the top. How many or what percentage of players in 2029 are holdbacks? I’m willing to bet it’s a very small minority. There are plenty of opportunities for good players to start. ~20 (or less?) holdbacks out of over 160 HoCo elite players is not why your kid is not starting. Work hard and earn your spot. This is not rec and you are not guaranteed anything just be you payed club fees.

The fact is that virtually 25% of the 2029 crabs team is made up of holdbacks. They added virtually no on age talent but dropped down 5 kids from their 28 "b" team. They did this knowing that the players would be ineligible to play in most of the top tournaments yet they were desperate because their club is notorious for cutting teams that don't perform.

Now the parents on that team want to "pretend" that a quarter of their team shouldn't be playing in high school right now. Or, they claim that it's not a big deal. Yet the team that lost to predators last year is suddenly going 3-0 against 3 of the top elite teams when the only thing that changed was adding those 5 9th graders.

There are 6 other elite clubs with 78 starters who paid their dues to join a club that wasn't going to cheat. My kid is one of them. We're used to playing against clubs that cheat with an older kid or two.

It's fine though.... the outcome will be different when our club plays crabs again. And all of the families applauding their former B team player sudden success will face a rude awakening when they have to play same age kids in high school next year. Back to the bench for their kid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449584 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So kind of like the advantage you have paying thousands of dollars a year for your son to go to private school or play travel lacrosse? There are talented kids out there who don’t have your advantage.

Hahaha.... That's rich... You're some sort of modern day, lax-dad robin hood. You see injustice in the world and choose to fight it by double holding back your son! That will teach the villains of Maryland who have access to good lacrosse coaching when the poor wretches of Idaho have none!!!! How very noble of you! Others who choose to have their son play on age are simply cowards who are unwilling to stand up and fight the injustice around them!

Have a great day, Robin Hood!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449589 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This.

Yes, there are going to be bigger and faster kids in CLUB sports. Embrace the challenge, it's certainly not going to get any easier on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did HOCO change the rules back to USA Lacrosse guidance or not? As noted in other posts they have pulled down their revised 2029 guidance that was previously on their website. If so what does this mean for the teams that added players that are now ineligible to play? I am sure this affects teams even outside of Elite but the lack of a posted policy on the HOCO site is concerning because teams should have time to make adjustments as needed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449595 5 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did HOCO change the rules back to USA Lacrosse guidance or not? As noted in other posts they have pulled down their revised 2029 guidance that was previously on their website. If so what does this mean for the teams that added players that are now ineligible to play? I am sure this affects teams even outside of Elite but the lack of a posted policy on the HOCO site is concerning because teams should have time to make adjustments as needed.
Hopefully they'll add weigh-ins. I don't want my kids playing against anyone bigger, it's not fair. My kids should be the biggest.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449597 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also purely coincidental that reclassing is a major problem in lacrosse but not in sports like soccer and hockey where ages are strictly verified.

Hockey is an interesting comparison.

Most college hockey players don't start college until later in life/after playing some form of post graduate hockey or competing in juniors. I'd imagine the college coaches enjoy it because they get to recruit young men who are 19-21 years old, when it's much easier to determine what type of athlete they will be. The later recruiting cycle coupled with the strict age verification seems like a decent model to change the demand side of things (i.e. college recruiting), which in theory would relieve some of the supply side stress (i.e. holding a young athlete back because of perceived/real benefits).

I'm sure there are still plenty of problems in the hockey world, but maybe their model is in some ways superior to what's currently going on with lacrosse. Or not.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449598 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The plan is that the Elite clubs will be leaving HOCO and creating their own league which will be following the USA Lacrosse guidance.
The plan is that the Elite clubs will be leaving HOCO and creating their own league which will be following the USA Lacrosse guidance.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449601 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha.... That's rich... You're some sort of modern day, lax-dad robin hood. You see injustice in the world and choose to fight it by double holding back your son! That will teach the villains of Maryland who have access to good lacrosse coaching when the poor wretches of Idaho have none!!!! How very noble of you! Others who choose to have their son play on age are simply cowards who are unwilling to stand up and fight the injustice around them!

Have a great day, Robin Hood!

Whoosh!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449602 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also purely coincidental that reclassing is a major problem in lacrosse but not in sports like soccer and hockey where ages are strictly verified.

Hockey is an interesting comparison.

Most college hockey players don't start college until later in life/after playing some form of post graduate hockey or competing in juniors. I'd imagine the college coaches enjoy it because they get to recruit young men who are 19-21 years old, when it's much easier to determine what type of athlete they will be. The later recruiting cycle coupled with the strict age verification seems like a decent model to change the demand side of things (i.e. college recruiting), which in theory would relieve some of the supply side stress (i.e. holding a young athlete back because of perceived/real benefits).

I'm sure there are still plenty of problems in the hockey world, but maybe their model is in some ways superior to what's currently going on with lacrosse. Or not.
You might want to check what's going on with youth soccer before using them as a guide. Never mind that the main goal of their club programs is not college recruiting, but national team involvement.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449603 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Starting next spring (i.e. 2025 season)? Or at some point in the future?

I thought some of the elite teams were who pushed back against instituting the age guidelines, so why would they leave?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449606 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing Hawks next weekend. See where they stand. Will be missing their entire attack for fall sports. No excuses. Everyone is. Just gotta see where they stand.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449607 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought some of the elite teams were who pushed back against instituting the age guidelines, so why would they leave?
Only one pushed back..... FCA!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449610 2 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the outcome will be different when our club plays crabs again.
That's great news. You missed out on some really close games last weekend. It sounds like there's a lot of parity and good competition to come this year.

And all of the families applauding their former B team player sudden success will face a rude awakening when they have to play same age kids in high school next year. Back to the bench for their kid.
So the kids who are too big and unfair will struggle, while the smaller less skilled kids will prevail? You do realize that high school isn't age based right? It seems like you have this backwards.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449613 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one pushed back..... FCA!
Good for FCA!

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 80 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard