Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
We welcome back our VA Partner: Jes of JIVASph to our team! | Fall Season events are IN for Lacrosse players!!! | Join our Lacrosse Forum Community | Advertise & Generate more organic supporters for your business
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Northeast Select Lacrosse
by Team BOTC -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,795
Posts398,717
Members2,637
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 78 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 78
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fact-One of the holdbacks for crabs is one day over the limit. the others are within a few months. if you can't handle that then it's a you problem. Not your kids problem.

Scenario - if a non holback is 7 months older than another non holdback is that an issue?

Look at you, defending the system just because it benefits your 'holdback' advantage. How about this—let your kid compete against others in their actual age group. It's easy to make sarcastic remarks about kids who 'can't handle' playing against older opponents when you're ensuring your own has the upper hand and oldest.

Typical holdback hypocrisy—you'll defend bending the rules for your kid, but you'd cry like a baby if your son had to compete against players older than him. Funny how the double standard works when it’s your own advantage on the line.
You mean like when they play on their mixed grade/age middle and (soon) high school teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ascension is not new. They have been playing together for a while and more of an additional opportunity for kids to play outside of their regular club teams.

I've heard of a new team coming from Maryland! They are called Ascension, they kids from teams such as 91, FCA, Preds, Annapolis hawks and True Chesapeake and Crabs. they have already beaten some top 50 teams and I should expect them to make an appearance in the rankings this year. They have made some additions over the summer with the two student hawks defenders and a 91 attackmen. their goalies are also a strong suit with multiple goalies ranging from elite teams. they play in a showcase in about 3 weeks and they play some elite teams such as RedHots national, MadLax, and True Chesapeake. and with coach Andy Hillgardener leading the charge they should have a great season and perform well in the summer.

Some of the teams you listed as having kids play for Ascention have non-compete clauses.
So either what you say is incorrect, or kids are in violation of their club contracts.
Which is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Ascension parent I can say that this true, all of the teams listed have kids on the Ascension. And i can say that just crabs have that rule. Do your research!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age and not a holdback. Yea I am the one that wrote it and is playing with these bigger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL invitational today - Crabs 28/29 “won”. FCA looked better than expected, NL and TC worse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see both sides of the coin when it comes to playing on other teams. if it's an out of season tourney team sure, but when it is in season and causes disruptions to playing with one team or the other it's an issue. Perfect example - I had a player tryout and join our team, very good player, starter, and a "team player", Had played with another team during the off season for a scrimmage. During the season, said player did not show up to an in season game because the other team had asked him if he could play with them in a game because they were short subs. Player went to the other game, leaving his in season team short handed. Needless to say the riff among the players was a complete distraction for games to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loved being out and watching lacrosse. Got a chance to see the usual HOCO teams. FCA, Next Level, True Ches., Crabs, Madlax. All the teams looked good. It was apparent that teams were missing pieces to their line ups due to other sports and players were not at peak lacrosse conditioning. All this was expected. The way teams matched up looks like this season will be a good one with lots of great games to come. I have been watching a lot of these kids play for the last couple of years and it is exciting to see the growth from year to year and the battles that have been fought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact-One of the holdbacks for crabs is one day over the limit. the others are within a few months. if you can't handle that then it's a you problem. Not your kids problem.

Scenario - if a non holback is 7 months older than another non holdback is that an issue?

Look at you, defending the system just because it benefits your 'holdback' advantage. How about this—let your kid compete against others in their actual age group. It's easy to make sarcastic remarks about kids who 'can't handle' playing against older opponents when you're ensuring your own has the upper hand and oldest.

Typical holdback hypocrisy—you'll defend bending the rules for your kid, but you'd cry like a baby if your son had to compete against players older than him. Funny how the double standard works when it’s your own advantage on the line.

US Lacrosse already moved the Sept 1 goal posts ALL THE WAY BACK to June 1 to accomodate all of the whiny parents who would complain their kid only missed by a few days. So you are basically saying your half dozen holdbacks only missed the 15 month window by a few more months... Ridiculous. Any other sport has a firm 12 month cutoff. Don't like it? Tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vegas has odds of at least one Crabs 29 player getting his learners permit before the end of the season at -130.[/quote]
OMG imagine having to play against someone a few months older. Sounds terrible and scary. The government should step in and solve this situation for you and your poor poor child.[/quote]

Imagine your bid tough child actually having to play with kids his own age!!! i can hear it now.... 'Mommy! Those boys are better than me! Help me!" hahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes! This Ascension team is an organization that allows the best to train for the best, with the best. With that being said, I think during tournament season they will definitely stir up the pot.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a seismic shift in the balance of lax power occurred today at the next level invitational. Crabs went 3-0 (beating Madlax, Next Level and True Chesapeake) while missing several players. FCA went 2-1 beating True Chesapeake and losing to Next Level by 1.

29 Baltimore Lax is back!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449235 Yesterday at 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Word on any of these tournaments this weekend? Saw Fca put up some numbers. Crabs on the other hand yikes.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449236 Yesterday at 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shuckers had a great tournament.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449238 Yesterday at 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at you, defending the system just because....
US Lacrosse already moved the Sept 1 goal posts ALL THE WAY BACK to June 1 to accomodate all of the whiny parents who would complain their kid only missed by a few days. So you are basically saying your half dozen holdbacks only missed the 15 month window by a few more months... Ridiculous. Any other sport has a firm 12 month cutoff. Don't like it? Tough.
One could say that goes both ways. It seems like all of the whiney parents are the ones trying to change decades old rules just because it doesn't suit them.

If you can't compete then play on a AA team where you don't have to worry about your kids being challenged. Nobody is forcing you to play at the highest levels. Why should "elite" club lacrosse be softer than any of the (mixed age) middle school teams? Are you not allowing your kids to play in High school? Or is there some magical age where all of a sudden it's all fair and okay?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449240 Yesterday at 12:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shuckers had a great tournament.
Shuckers are horrible your probably a parent with a terrible kid too

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449242 Yesterday at 12:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going after kids is not cool. Go after parents, programs, etc. Leave the kids out of the discussion. they just want to play.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449243 Yesterday at 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams had missing players, players arriving late, leaving early. It was more about grinding it out in one day over three games. By the thrids game it was last player standing.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449245 Yesterday at 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds B has a serious chance to win AAA. They gained a bunch of Carroll Manor kids and I believe is a serious threat. Tell me your thoughts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449248 Yesterday at 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One could say that goes both ways. It seems like all of the whiney parents are the ones trying to change decades old rules just because it doesn't suit them.

If you can't compete then play on a AA team where you don't have to worry about your kids being challenged. Nobody is forcing you to play at the highest levels. Why should "elite" club lacrosse be softer than any of the (mixed age) middle school teams? Are you not allowing your kids to play in High school? Or is there some magical age where all of a sudden it's all fair and okay?

I agree, if you can hold your child back two years in Kindergarten, what gives anyone the right to say anything. I bet you would if little holdback johnny had to either compete on age or older players.

Holdback apologists always have the answer, what is the big deal while they play their child against younger players. Sad actually. Majority of talk is about youth, HS is what it is , we all know that holdback apologist.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449249 Yesterday at 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree keep the kids out of it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449250 Yesterday at 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why cant we just give credit where it is due? Crabs went 3-0 and no i am not a crabs parent, i just detest when we talk garbage about each others clubs when the kids who
Play on them are all friends and go to same schools and play other sport together!

Just by dissing other clubs doesnt make your club better! Lets keep the club politics and nastiness out and enjoy the kids playing a sport that they like.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449256 Yesterday at 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you heard of the new defensemen on 91 MD? He has been looking very skilled during practices and seems like a great addition to the team. Can't wait to see how he does this HOCO season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449262 Yesterday at 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds B has a serious chance to win AAA. They gained a bunch of Carroll Manor kids and I believe is a serious threat. Tell me your thoughts.
They picked up a serious defender from Carrol manor and will be a perfect fit and lead the defense in games, also there faceoff guy is a serious threat and is a well rounded player. and honestly i could see them winning

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449263 Yesterday at 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you heard of the new defensemen on 91 MD? He has been looking very skilled during practices and seems like a great addition to the team. Can't wait to see how he does this HOCO season.
he is from Carrol manor and had an ok season but, he has had some serious improvement since then.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449265 Yesterday at 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, if you can hold your child back two years in Kindergarten, what gives anyone the right to say anything. I bet you would if little holdback johnny had to either compete on age or older players.

Holdback apologists always have the answer, what is the big deal while they play their child against younger players. Sad actually. Majority of talk is about youth, HS is what it is , we all know that holdback apologist.
Is there a point in here somewhere?

Are you suggesting that people are holding kids back two years in kindergarten in case they decide later to play lacrosse just so they can dominate? Come on you can't be serious. Is this the lacrosse equivalent of after-birth abortions? They're eating the children!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449267 Yesterday at 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They picked up a serious defender from Carrol manor and will be a perfect fit and lead the defense in games, also there faceoff guy is a serious threat and is a well rounded player. and honestly i could see them winning

First question would be tell me who will be in AAA before picking a winner but I would assume until proven otherwise True NOVA is class of AAA. I heard TMD added a few pieces so they may be a threat.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449272 Yesterday at 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First question would be tell me who will be in AAA before picking a winner but I would assume until proven otherwise True NOVA is class of AAA. I heard TMD added a few pieces so they may be a threat.
Last year true nova lost to Carrol manor in overtime during the regular season, also they haven't beaten anyone under 150 in the rankings but that doesn't disprove that they could win again. team Maryland has an excellent faceoff guy but other parts of the team aren't looking so strong and might be a burden on the team, but then again all you need is a good faceoff guy to win a game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449277 Yesterday at 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year true nova lost to Carrol manor in overtime during the regular season, also they haven't beaten anyone under 150 in the rankings but that doesn't disprove that they could win again. team Maryland has an excellent faceoff guy but other parts of the team aren't looking so strong and might be a burden on the team, but then again all you need is a good faceoff guy to win a game.

The kid you are referring to isn’t there anymore I heard he went to another team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449280 Yesterday at 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams had missing players, players arriving late, leaving early. It was more about grinding it out in one day over three games. By the thrids game it was last player standing.

A lot of close games that could have gone either way. Good to see the kids back out on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449281 Yesterday at 03:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOVA went 9-0 in AAA last year, and probably added kids. They will be the favorites to win AAA again this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449287 Yesterday at 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOVA went 9-0 in AAA last year, and probably added kids. They will be the favorites to win AAA again this year.

True NOVA has nothing to proof playing in AAA. By the end of last year they ran over everyone (no one was within 6 goals the last 4-5 weeks of Hoco) - But, the one poster is correct. Their closest win was in week 2 when they beat Carroll Manor in OT. They are trying to move up to Elite and play with the big boys to see if they belong - they are in a fight with 2-3 other teams that want to move there or remain in Elite - at the end of last year they were ranked higher than the Predators. They did pick up some kids. Mostly of the pick ups were former VLC kids that played with TC last year and decided the trek over to Annapolis wasn't worth it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449299 Yesterday at 06:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is so funny when holdback parents try to deflect criticism by acting like people are attacking “the children.”

When actually we are all criticizing (and laughing at) the parents who have their kids play against younger kids to make themselves feel better. LMAO

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449300 Yesterday at 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No amount of flexibility will ever be good enough for Holdback Dad.

2 years older than everybody else is allowed? Well what if his son misses that deadline by only 17 weeks?? Do you expect the kid to have to play with others his own age???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449301 Yesterday at 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True NOVA has nothing to proof playing in AAA. By the end of last year they ran over everyone (no one was within 6 goals the last 4-5 weeks of Hoco) - But, the one poster is correct. Their closest win was in week 2 when they beat Carroll Manor in OT. They are trying to move up to Elite and play with the big boys to see if they belong - they are in a fight with 2-3 other teams that want to move there or remain in Elite - at the end of last year they were ranked higher than the Predators. They did pick up some kids. Mostly of the pick ups were former VLC kids that played with TC last year and decided the trek over to Annapolis wasn't worth it.

To move up to Elite someone would have to drop out and I don’t see any of those teams dropping.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449304 Yesterday at 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid you are referring to isn’t there anymore I heard he went to another team.

The team md faceoff guy went to FCA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449312 Yesterday at 07:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is True Nova playing this fall? Are they playing any tourneys where they have a chance to play a team ranked in top 100? Last year no wins against anyone ranked in top 150. That’s not a resume most would argue is worthy of playing elite division. Hopefully true nova challenges itself this fall and tries to make a stronger argument.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449317 Yesterday at 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 years older than everybody else is allowed? Well what if his son misses that deadline by only 17 weeks?? Do you expect the kid to have to play with others his own age???
Can you believe they make them play against older kids in school? Someone should do something about that. It's not fair, right mom?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449321 Yesterday at 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is True Nova playing this fall? Are they playing any tourneys where they have a chance to play a team ranked in top 100? Last year no wins against anyone ranked in top 150. That’s not a resume most would argue is worthy of playing elite division. Hopefully true nova challenges itself this fall and tries to make a stronger argument.

Where are they not playing?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449330 Yesterday at 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you believe they make them play against older kids in school? Someone should do something about that. It's not fair, right mom?

Nice try, Holdback Dad! But most people in a 2029 league expect to see 13 year olds, maybe a few 14 year olds. Not you rolling up with your kid/player driving.

This is common sense to most people, actually.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449340 8 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Carroll Manor defender rode bench. I ain't worried about him.

Like Reply Quote
Page 75 of 78 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 78
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard