Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
We welcome back our VA Partner: Jes of JIVASph to our team! | Fall Season events are IN for Lacrosse players!!! | Join our Lacrosse Forum Community | Advertise & Generate more organic supporters for your business
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,777
Posts398,406
Members2,636
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA 150 or Best in class
If you had to choose one

Best in class. Biggest reason is that getting in make it easier to get in in 2 years when it matters. It’s the biggest recruiting event and 80-90 percent of invites go to kids who were there the year before.

Check the 27 threads. Multiple kids who are starters in top 10 teams didn’t get invited

Why not try both?

They are both great events. If your daughter makes either that’s a great accomplishment. The UA150 has the name recognition and while I agree Best in Class is the new up and coming event I’m not sure it’s the “biggest recruiting event” when compared to UA150. Historically UA150 has attracted top talent and has been the premier event.

Point is, can’t go wrong with either. If your daughter is lucky enough to get an invite to both events, the cost would be one factor to consider. Doing both events will run you well over $1,500. Worth it in 8th grade, debatable. But if you have the means and your daughter wants to do both, go for it and decide for yourself which event is best for her going forward.

Best of luck to all who applied. The ‘29 class has a ton of talent so kudos to all who get selected by either.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the BIC invites come out? We need to make a decision on UA150 by 9/13, hoping it is before that time so we can pick. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the BIC invites come out? We need to make a decision on UA150 by 9/13, hoping it is before that time so we can pick. Thanks!

Sounds like you are leaning toward BIC but, congratulations on your DD making UA150. BIC is a rolling application, invites started to go out last month but, still a lot of invites left to go out. They mentioned sending an update in January on capacity. So sounds like still several months left in the process.
If you don't hear by 9/13 it doesn't mean BIC is out of the picture but, would be hard to pass on UA150 which is a great event in its own right. There are a lot of girls who will apply for both and won't get selected for either, so you should be excited for the UA invite. Lastly, for those who don't get selected, don't stress, these girls are still young. It won't define them as players. Keep grinding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's rolling admissions. Top players from top clubs have already been invited and the BIC team is likely working down the list. Last year girls were invited up into 2 week before, but most invites were out by late September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are still taking applications.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have already heard - its rolling basis. so no news is probably a no. Or better yet go with the one that gave you the offer and dont wait around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players does each take?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BIC is 8 teams of 20-22 each.

no reason for an 8th grade to do UA150. Its pretty much all MD/DC kids at that age and if you play on a top club, probably a lower level of competition.

Thanks,

Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know when the BIC invites come out? We need to make a decision on UA150 by 9/13, hoping it is before that time so we can pick. Thanks!

BIC 8 teams of 20-22
UA150 8 teams of 19-20

They both take similar number of kids. Being the first year for 29s, some kids may do both but as they get older it will likely not be the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have already heard - its rolling basis. so no news is probably a no. Or better yet go with the one that gave you the offer and dont wait around

Did anyone get an email confirmation from BIC after they submitted the application? How can we be sure that the application went through?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They email a confirmation. For BiC they want the girls to apply on their own using their email. The confirmation asks they forward the email to their parent(s). You can edit an application at anytime by submitting another one. If you aren’t sure, resubmit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was instructions to screen shot the confirmation screen, and that was your proof of registration. No email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was instructions to screen shot the confirmation screen, and that was your proof of registration. No email.

I need to correct this, I just checked my kid’s email and there was a confirmation even though they said there wouldn’t be one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I need to correct this, I just checked my kid’s email and there was a confirmation even though they said there wouldn’t be one.

Thank you. Anyone know how many attackers have been selected so far and how that compares to years past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Anyone know how many attackers have been selected so far and how that compares to years past?

Also if anyone can let us know a response time that could be helpful for others. How long after submitting the application did you get the invitation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also if anyone can let us know a response time that could be helpful for others. How long after submitting the application did you get the invitation?

It’s a rolling application and acceptance. Not sure how they go through all the applications in terms of old versus new. Some girls heard quickly, like one week from application submission. Some haven’t heard yet but applied back when applications open. They don’t tell you if you aren’t accepted. They eventually just send notification that it’s full. So short answer, it varies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the IG post about the first waves of ua150 but has best in class posted anything yet? I know a few girls that have had offers, there just doesn’t appear to be a public list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the 28 thread there are a few posts that seem to imply there is a BIC roster posted somewhere as they mentioned knowing how many players from specific positions had already accepted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the 28 thread there are a few posts that seem to imply there is a BIC roster posted somewhere as they mentioned knowing how many players from specific positions had already accepted.

Once someone pays for BIC and registers you are able to see the roster for your daughter’s position. They are basing it on how many say attackers were invited last year and how many are on the league apps roster = how many spots left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can see who else is signed up once you make your payment and sign up in league apps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's ready to start a new season?! Lots of changes for M&D, Hero's, Coppermine, Skywalkers, and Maryland United. A couple of clubs are making a ton of noise on socials to say they're the club to beat. Are they? I can't wait to watch the fireworks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the LI teams to compete with MD best in your opinion? Interested as to what a MD oarent thunks. Heros still tops along with M&D. Coppermine and MD United are solid and Skywalkers have jumped leaps and bound from 2 summers ago. Assuming they combined best from Blue/White recently...NXT and Eaglesticks are tops as well along with Monsters Purple
This is the summer for 29s when it all really begins. Let's see whose got the stuff! VERY strong age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 29s will still @ChillLaxin compared to older SW teams, and the program will continue to lose ground to coppermine. Heros stayed intact and will continue to dominate. Coppermine lost a significant player but should still be top 7,8 or so. M&D probably improved the most, picking up some elite talent. MDU east will probably be worse than or the same as last year. They got new coaches and picked up one good player, but lost their goalie and a some other good players. NL should improve, but not enough to challenge heros, cm, and m&d. BLC stayed the same, pride lost too much and will @ChillLaxin, and the other mid Atlantic teams are all just blah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the LI teams to compete with MD best in your opinion? Interested as to what a MD oarent thunks. Heros still tops along with M&D. Coppermine and MD United are solid and Skywalkers have jumped leaps and bound from 2 summers ago. Assuming they combined best from Blue/White recently...NXT and Eaglesticks are tops as well along with Monsters Purple
This is the summer for 29s when it all really begins. Let's see whose got the stuff! VERY strong age group.

This summer is not even close to “when it all really begins”. Two more years before that. This is the summer for 2027s. Still just middle school lacrosse that too many parents on this board will care way too much about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is NOT the summer "when it all really begins" . AND what do you think begins??? What a comment! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same parents coaching their kid to take it are the same ones who think this is the summer when it all really begins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the preseason Scouting Report. Are you a college scout? High school scout? A Bookie who specializes in Girls Middle School Lacrosse Odds? A 13 year old girl perhaps? Or an overzealous dad who is living vicariously through his daughter due to your own middle school athletic shortcomings back in the day? Or are you a Dance Mom? I’m going with the one of the last two options because someone who has been a successful athlete in HS or college isn’t making predictions about middle school girls lacrosse teams or trashing certain teams and in general terms, players, on a forum which I never knew existed until someone I was sitting next to pointed this out to me and how common this is for you and we both agreed that you must be clown or a Dance Mom.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449018 Yesterday at 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 29s will still @ChillLaxin compared to older SW teams, and the program will continue to lose ground to coppermine. Heros stayed intact and will continue to dominate. Coppermine lost a significant player but should still be top 7,8 or so. M&D probably improved the most, picking up some elite talent. MDU east will probably be worse than or the same as last year. They got new coaches and picked up one good player, but lost their goalie and a some other good players. NL should improve, but not enough to challenge heros, cm, and m&d. BLC stayed the same, pride lost too much and will @ChillLaxin, and the other mid Atlantic teams are all just blah.

Where did the significant Coppermine player go?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449019 Yesterday at 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the preseason Scouting Report. Are you a college scout? High school scout? A Bookie who specializes in Girls Middle School Lacrosse Odds? A 13 year old girl perhaps? Or an overzealous dad who is living vicariously through his daughter due to your own middle school athletic shortcomings back in the day? Or are you a Dance Mom? I’m going with the one of the last two options because someone who has been a successful athlete in HS or college isn’t making predictions about middle school girls lacrosse teams or trashing certain teams and in general terms, players, on a forum which I never knew existed until someone I was sitting next to pointed this out to me and how common this is for you and we both agreed that you must be clown or a Dance Mom.

13 LOL we know your kids down there aren’t 13… nice try though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449026 Yesterday at 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did the significant Coppermine player go?

M&D. She is a great player, but CM will still be awesome. Tons of talent, good coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449028 Yesterday at 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. New to internet? And this has to be a SW parent. I get it, you signed your kid up for what you thought was an elite team, you didn’t know that the program is dying a slow death and the 29 team would never be elite.

Also, please feel free to refute anything I said. I would love to hear why I’m such a wrong clown.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449030 Yesterday at 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13 LOL we know your kids down there aren’t 13… nice try though.[/quote]

It warms my heart every time a lost YJLI parent comes here to whine. You see, YJ is a wonderful program who dominate most age groups….except for 2029. The 2029s are the third best team on LI, never beat the top mid atlantic teams, and have never won a tournament that anyone cares about. So they have to cope by creating a narrative that the elite MD teams have holdbacks. Heros has zero, M&D has zero, CM has zero; but being the worst team in the YJ program melts their brains, and they are struggling with it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449031 Yesterday at 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine player went to M&D.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449034 Yesterday at 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It warms my heart every time a lost YJLI parent comes here to whine. You see, YJ is a wonderful program who dominate most age groups….except for 2029. The 2029s are the third best team on LI, never beat the top mid atlantic teams, and have never won a tournament that anyone cares about. So they have to cope by creating a narrative that the elite MD teams have holdbacks. Heros has zero, M&D has zero, CM has zero; but being the worst team in the YJ program melts their brains, and they are struggling with it.[/quote]

While I agree on your assessment of YJ… Heros and M&D both have hold backs. Some of which are 1.5 years older than the youngest kids in this age group. Yes they will be 15 this spring/summer while some girls will be 13 still or just turning 14. With that said, the age gap vs. skill gap window has closed since most girls fully mature by 9th/10th grade. Those hold backs who are basically 9th graders no longer have the advantage they had in previous years. This played itself out last year as most of us know who they are and many of those girls don’t even start for their team anymore. Not a knock on them, they are still very good players but the younger kids caught up in size and skill was always better. Now, on the boys side it’s a whole different story and many can’t seem to separate the two. It’s no longer an advantage on the girls side. But the YJ parent will continue to complain until the day these girls are finished with lacrosse (and maybe longer).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449038 Yesterday at 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no holdbacks on either heros or m&d for 2029s

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449040 Yesterday at 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It warms my heart every time a lost YJLI parent comes here to whine. You see, YJ is a wonderful program who dominate most age groups….except for 2029. The 2029s are the third best team on LI, never beat the top mid atlantic teams, and have never won a tournament that anyone cares about. So they have to cope by creating a narrative that the elite MD teams have holdbacks. Heros has zero, M&D has zero, CM has zero; but being the worst team in the YJ program melts their brains, and they are struggling with it.

While I agree on your assessment of YJ… Heros and M&D both have hold backs. Some of which are 1.5 years older than the youngest kids in this age group. Yes they will be 15 this spring/summer while some girls will be 13 still or just turning 14. With that said, the age gap vs. skill gap window has closed since most girls fully mature by 9th/10th grade. Those hold backs who are basically 9th graders no longer have the advantage they had in previous years. This played itself out last year as most of us know who they are and many of those girls don’t even start for their team anymore. Not a knock on them, they are still very good players but the younger kids caught up in size and skill was always better. Now, on the boys side it’s a whole different story and many can’t seem to separate the two. It’s no longer an advantage on the girls side. But the YJ parent will continue to complain until the day these girls are finished with lacrosse (and maybe longer).[/quote]

Thank you for finally admitting you all have holdbacks. 15 in summer before high school is fool. Anything to get ahead down there!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449041 Yesterday at 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either you’re intentionally misleading or you aren’t in the know. Anyone born before September 1, 2010 is a “holdback”. They should be 2028s based on Maryland school year cut off. But, it doesn’t matter on the girls side.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449046 Yesterday at 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either you’re intentionally misleading or you aren’t in the know. Anyone born before September 1, 2010 is a “holdback”. They should be 2028s based on Maryland school year cut off. But, it doesn’t matter on the girls side.
Before June 1, 2010 - Summer is off limits. Perfectly respectable to hold your kid back for whatever reason then. I'd detest the reverse to happen and people be like "oh well little karen was born on Aug. 31 and she could really use another year of preschool but want her to be on the right year for club lax".....Leave the summer kids alone.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449047 Yesterday at 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before June 1, 2010 - Summer is off limits. Perfectly respectable to hold your kid back for whatever reason then. I'd detest the reverse to happen and people be like "oh well little karen was born on Aug. 31 and she could really use another year of preschool but want her to be on the right year for club lax".....Leave the summer kids alone.

Holdback Mom, Summer birthdays are holdbacks, really simple except to holdback apologists like yourself. NO need to justify your daughter cant compete with her age group.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449058 Yesterday at 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, m&d has 2 girls that missed the september 1 date for MD public schools by a few months. Is that why YJ isn’t as good as them? Because of 2 girls and a couple of months? Pathetic, total lost cope. Half of the team is 2011s, shouldn’t they be far behind based on your holdback theory? What will be the excuse come junior year of HS?

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard