Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts398,047
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA 150 or Best in class
If you had to choose one

Best in class. Biggest reason is that getting in make it easier to get in in 2 years when it matters. It’s the biggest recruiting event and 80-90 percent of invites go to kids who were there the year before.

Check the 27 threads. Multiple kids who are starters in top 10 teams didn’t get invited

Why not try both?

They are both great events. If your daughter makes either that’s a great accomplishment. The UA150 has the name recognition and while I agree Best in Class is the new up and coming event I’m not sure it’s the “biggest recruiting event” when compared to UA150. Historically UA150 has attracted top talent and has been the premier event.

Point is, can’t go wrong with either. If your daughter is lucky enough to get an invite to both events, the cost would be one factor to consider. Doing both events will run you well over $1,500. Worth it in 8th grade, debatable. But if you have the means and your daughter wants to do both, go for it and decide for yourself which event is best for her going forward.

Best of luck to all who applied. The ‘29 class has a ton of talent so kudos to all who get selected by either.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the BIC invites come out? We need to make a decision on UA150 by 9/13, hoping it is before that time so we can pick. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the BIC invites come out? We need to make a decision on UA150 by 9/13, hoping it is before that time so we can pick. Thanks!

Sounds like you are leaning toward BIC but, congratulations on your DD making UA150. BIC is a rolling application, invites started to go out last month but, still a lot of invites left to go out. They mentioned sending an update in January on capacity. So sounds like still several months left in the process.
If you don't hear by 9/13 it doesn't mean BIC is out of the picture but, would be hard to pass on UA150 which is a great event in its own right. There are a lot of girls who will apply for both and won't get selected for either, so you should be excited for the UA invite. Lastly, for those who don't get selected, don't stress, these girls are still young. It won't define them as players. Keep grinding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's rolling admissions. Top players from top clubs have already been invited and the BIC team is likely working down the list. Last year girls were invited up into 2 week before, but most invites were out by late September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are still taking applications.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have already heard - its rolling basis. so no news is probably a no. Or better yet go with the one that gave you the offer and dont wait around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players does each take?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BIC is 8 teams of 20-22 each.

no reason for an 8th grade to do UA150. Its pretty much all MD/DC kids at that age and if you play on a top club, probably a lower level of competition.

Thanks,

Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know when the BIC invites come out? We need to make a decision on UA150 by 9/13, hoping it is before that time so we can pick. Thanks!

BIC 8 teams of 20-22
UA150 8 teams of 19-20

They both take similar number of kids. Being the first year for 29s, some kids may do both but as they get older it will likely not be the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have already heard - its rolling basis. so no news is probably a no. Or better yet go with the one that gave you the offer and dont wait around

Did anyone get an email confirmation from BIC after they submitted the application? How can we be sure that the application went through?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They email a confirmation. For BiC they want the girls to apply on their own using their email. The confirmation asks they forward the email to their parent(s). You can edit an application at anytime by submitting another one. If you aren’t sure, resubmit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was instructions to screen shot the confirmation screen, and that was your proof of registration. No email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was instructions to screen shot the confirmation screen, and that was your proof of registration. No email.

I need to correct this, I just checked my kid’s email and there was a confirmation even though they said there wouldn’t be one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I need to correct this, I just checked my kid’s email and there was a confirmation even though they said there wouldn’t be one.

Thank you. Anyone know how many attackers have been selected so far and how that compares to years past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Anyone know how many attackers have been selected so far and how that compares to years past?

Also if anyone can let us know a response time that could be helpful for others. How long after submitting the application did you get the invitation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also if anyone can let us know a response time that could be helpful for others. How long after submitting the application did you get the invitation?

It’s a rolling application and acceptance. Not sure how they go through all the applications in terms of old versus new. Some girls heard quickly, like one week from application submission. Some haven’t heard yet but applied back when applications open. They don’t tell you if you aren’t accepted. They eventually just send notification that it’s full. So short answer, it varies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the IG post about the first waves of ua150 but has best in class posted anything yet? I know a few girls that have had offers, there just doesn’t appear to be a public list.

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard