Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,551
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look again at the flyer and the special announcement and you’ll see “Igloo.”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That deal is DONE, Good luck with it. Not a merger, but a buyout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did legacy buy igloo? or did Igloo buy legacy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy lost 2 players lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass exodus from '29 Igloo team, same will happen at this grade

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Would agree. Nothing igloo or rebel lasts for long!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mass exodus from '29 Igloo team, same will happen at this grade

We’ll see. Tough to see a mass exodus when both 91 and express are so bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Toy soldiers will fall soon enough. Inevitable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I came across the NORTHEAST SELECT tryouts page on Instagram and noticed Igloo was not listed, only, MooseLax, S2S and Legacy. I wonder if the Igloo/Legacy merger goes through, and the Igloo name will be changed to Legacy West and Legacy East, like the Rebels…any thoughts???
Igloo is all over the Northeast stuff so no idea why you'd think that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their not Even posted you liar!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their not Even posted you liar!

Coming from someone who can't even get basic grammar right, your accusation is about as accurate as your spelling. Maybe work on that before throwing around baseless claims,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the NE Select tryout? What helmets stood out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is on a higher end Long Island club A team. Why bother with a 2nd team Select team or National team. What is the benefit? Seems like the current class of 2025s and 2026s didn’t need all two teams. If the only team your son is on is the Select or National, great…but more than one is way too much IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the NE Select tryout? What helmets stood out?

Nobody cares about a money grab “national” team. Wake up. These clubs are laughing all the way to the bank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a waste of time and money. Directors looking to grab money for essentially 2-3 tourneys they dont send there regular teams to. You are just giving them cash, and since they overload these rosters, most kids play minimal time. Not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is for the parents not the kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National teams feed parent egos so they can put a bumper sticker on their car and allows them to buy a new hat. National teams don’t develop kids, it’s an extra few well marketed tourneys and complete robbery by owners of programs. The parents that see the big picture and focus on training always come out on top in the long run. Parent egos feed into kids wanting this teams for the wrong reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National teams got awesome highlight videos. You know, the kind that your 2031 son needs to have to get recruited. It’s such a good deal for the exposure!

Hahaha what a joke - anyone that has their son play on. A national team must really love talking about lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send your kid to train with Savage. He’s a better coach than any of these national coaches, they are in 6th grade. They aren’t getting looked at by colleges

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send your kid to train with Savage. He’s a better coach than any of these national coaches, they are in 6th grade. They aren’t getting looked at by colleges

Savage is an overpriced waste of money. My kid stood around for long periods of times. Not enough coaches. It’s also one of the most expensive out there. Plenty of better options out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Savage is an overpriced waste of money. My kid stood around for long periods of times. Not enough coaches. It’s also one of the most expensive out there. Plenty of better options out there.

Where do you take your kids for O training? D training?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
def waste of money ….
way too many kids and sometimes
he’s not even there

coaches 3 91 teams / high school team and does all training

never heard of a great coaching 4 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you take your kids for O training? D training?

Brazel does his own thing on the side for defense. He’s not cheap either but I highly recommend him for Long poles. Offensively I like what GLE does. Reasonably priced and lots of reps. All island sportsplex can be good depending on who is teaching. Sometimes they have random college kids and the classes are awful. Other times they have really good HS coaches there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GLE over savage?! Haha bud. Does your kid play or is he a water boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He drinks way to much water at savage when standing around for so long. Looks like he finally lowered his prices cause attendance has plummeted. Instagram hype only lasts for so long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Water Boy and will be D1 while yours is bringing him his water bottle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea I bet ND already gave him offers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older son is a 2025 and trained with Savage for two years leading up to recruiting. I'd highly recommend him. Lots of reps and almost no standing around. My kid is very motivated and a hard worker though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lesbehonest - All Island is border line third world. They need new turf and the netting in there is hazardous, needs a ventilation upgrade as well It always smells like a locker room in there even at first light LOL. Agree on the coaches too - but it is priced well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older son is a 2025 and trained with Savage for two years leading up to recruiting. I'd highly recommend him. Lots of reps and almost no standing around. My kid is very motivated and a hard worker though.

No one said savage wasn’t a good coach. But his youth clinics were priced at 375 for 6 sessions. That’s extremely high. You can do training with 5 kids and a top trainer for less money per session. The session we attended had a ton of kids and there was a lot of standing around. Combine that with the fact he doesn’t offer single session options, we won’t be back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lesbehonest - All Island is border line third world. They need new turf and the netting in there is hazardous, needs a ventilation upgrade as well It always smells like a locker room in there even at first light LOL. Agree on the coaches too - but it is priced well.

I agree with you. But nothing is worse than the place legacy uses. Centre Island Sports in Ronkonkoma is the most disgusting turf facility I have ever been too. It should be shut down

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448071 Yesterday at 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said savage wasn’t a good coach. But his youth clinics were priced at 375 for 6 sessions. That’s extremely high. You can do training with 5 kids and a top trainer for less money per session. The session we attended had a ton of kids and there was a lot of standing around. Combine that with the fact he doesn’t offer single session options, we won’t be back.

You must not have much experience with the island's top trainers. That's what it costs unless you want some joke with an Instagram account.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448122 7 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must not have much experience with the island's top trainers. That's what it costs unless you want some joke with an Instagram account.

Should be closer to $50-55 an hour. We did his clinics in the past but never went back. Found trainer that connected better with kids and lacrosse IQ and drills were much better. There are plenty of guys who just take your money and do drills that you could do at home yourself. Ask around and you will find a great trainer for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448123 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Deemer- heard he is excellent!

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard