Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts398,047
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tick…tick…tick…the sound of Hero’s crumbling. Pictures have been sent to the club director and the tournament directors with Hero’s players slashing players across the head and neck, holding on off ball cuts, and just generally fouling. Video was also sent of their coaches yelling and cursing at the girls during the game. This has been going on for years and now there is proof! Players have already left for these reasons and now some are calling teams to see if there are “spots left for top players”. This is the culture there and it has been with these coaches. Winning isn’t everything. Good luck to those leaving and who have left.

Is this related to the incident with the 2030's or is this with the 2029's?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question. The lack of response from the NY parents who constantly falsely accuse MD teams of all being 14 to help console themselves after getting whooped is telling so there can't be that much difference. Whatever age difference exists will stop being a factor in the next year or so, we should set up a pool now for what they will cry about then.

I have seen this pattern with my older kids. NY and MD are fairly even at young ages - then they separate during the 12-14 age years due to some age differences and puberty transition with MD teams winning much more. Then in 10th/11th grade everything starts to even out, the games are much more competitive, the girls are all basically the same size, and the rivalries start to become friendly as the college recruiting process begins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tick…tick…tick…the sound of Hero’s crumbling. Pictures have been sent to the club director and the tournament directors with Hero’s players slashing players across the head and neck, holding on off ball cuts, and just generally fouling. Video was also sent of their coaches yelling and cursing at the girls during the game. This has been going on for years and now there is proof! Players have already left for these reasons and now some are calling teams to see if there are “spots left for top players”. This is the culture there and it has been with these coaches. Winning isn’t everything. Good luck to those leaving and who have left.

Typical Hero's culture and antics. going to enjoy the downfall.

This post has to be in reference to this past weekend as I saw firsthand what happens when they lose. Came back after and played different. Sad actually. There is more to the sport than wins and losses. Winning 40+ games and losing 3 in 7th grade should be celebrated. Thats a heck of a year. Hopefully they don’t fall into the same trap as 28 Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is comical! Are you saying that Heros players are dirty because they are gritty? There are yellow cards that are used in the cases when fouls occur, that is why we have officials. Yelling? Cursing is a bit much but are we serious about yelling? If it is too hot, get out of the kitchen. Some of you parents are a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet very little turnover on the 2029 rosters. Hmmm

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They detest us 'cause they ain't us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors coppermine having trouble filling their roster. Where did they all go? Skywalkers?
just rumors. coppermines roster remains unchanged for the most part. no alarming exodus or anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is comical! Are you saying that Heros players are dirty because they are gritty? There are yellow cards that are used in the cases when fouls occur, that is why we have officials. Yelling? Cursing is a bit much but are we serious about yelling? If it is too hot, get out of the kitchen. Some of you parents are a joke
the games i have seen this happen its the refs fault. they need to get a handle on the game. they are a group of tough girls for sure and it can get dangerous pretty quick which ive seen with my own eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros has a few as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter doesn’t play for Heros but she plays for one of the other top clubs. I’ve never seen any rough play from Heros that was abnormal or any different from the other teams. Oooooooh photos have been sent! Alert the authorities! Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors coppermine having trouble filling their roster. Where did they all go? Skywalkers?
just rumors. coppermines roster remains unchanged for the most part. no alarming exodus or anything.

Coppermine 2029 is the only Copp squad not having supplemental tryouts, but thanks for the concern. We good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“We good” haha you are telling on yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“We good” haha you are telling on yourself.

what is your problem? stop being so nasty. SOME of us celebrate the girls from all the teams and dont have so much animosity. get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter doesn’t play for Heros but she plays for one of the other top clubs. I’ve never seen any rough play from Heros that was abnormal or any different from the other teams. Oooooooh photos have been sent! Alert the authorities! Get a life.

LI parent here, whose daughter’s team has played Hero’s, we haven’t seen anything like what the original poster is complaining about. Tough, well played games that was exciting to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. In NY what is the cut off for schools? Is it Sept 1 like in MD?

Cut off for schools on LI is early December with varying dates decided by the schools.
When we first played MD teams we heard about teams full of holdbacks and such. Did not find that to be the case. There were maybe 2-3 girls that were noticeably bigger but things have started to even out by now.
When a MD team beats us that means they are good, and we look for things that to work on so we can compete the next time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. In NY what is the cut off for schools? Is it Sept 1 like in MD?

Cut off for schools on LI is early December with varying dates decided by the schools.
When we first played MD teams we heard about teams full of holdbacks and such. Did not find that to be the case. There were maybe 2-3 girls that were noticeably bigger but things have started to even out by now.
When a MD team beats us that means they are good, and we look for things that to work on so we can compete the next time.
Your reply[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
well your reply is refreshing. thank you. the size issues all even out for the most part. i do know a couple of the tallest girls in MD 29s happen to not be holdbacks. however cant speak to them all. as was said before you never know why a kid was held back when they were 5/6 years old. if it was a parent for lax purposes i havent met one yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Integrity coach jumped over to MDU. Probably took some players with him. This could put MDU back with the elites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Integrity coach jumped over to MDU. Probably took some players with him. This could put MDU back with the elites.

Probably needed a new club to expand his business. Not everyone coaches for altruistic reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. They lost their goalie and another good player to m&d. Losing their goalie will hurt them big tjme. Only one of the integrity players that came over is any good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. They lost their goalie and another good player to m&d. Losing their goalie will hurt them big tjme. Only one of the integrity players that came over is any good.

He took one of the Integrity goalies with him. She’ll do just fine for them I think. The one that went to M&D is a heck of a goalie, big shoes to fill, but I think she’ll do just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He took one of the Integrity goalies with him. She’ll do just fine for them I think. The one that went to M&D is a heck of a goalie, big shoes to fill, but I think she’ll do just fine.

M&D is rostering 3 goalies. It should be interesting to see how they split their playing time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D is rostering 3 goalies. It should be interesting to see how they split their playing time

It’s not hard to see they needed goalie help and the MDU goalie filled a big hole. MDU goalie is one of the best in the class. The other two were good and if I had to guess they understood the situation and accepted their roster spot knowing MDU goalie was going to come in as the top goalie. Says a lot about the team if they wanted to stay rather than taking one of the many open goalie roster spots at various other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not hard to see they needed goalie help and the MDU goalie filled a big hole. MDU goalie is one of the best in the class. The other two were good and if I had to guess they understood the situation and accepted their roster spot knowing MDU goalie was going to come in as the top goalie. Says a lot about the team if they wanted to stay rather than taking one of the many open goalie roster spots at various other clubs.

Their coaches worked to find their two goalies from last year a new home, I know because we tried to get either one of them. End of the day, my understanding is, they both wanted to stay and fight to be the back up. Their playing time will be interesting but, if I had to guess, MDU goalie is going to be playing the majority of the minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those parents of older 29’s - Dec - Nov - Oct - Sept - August???? It will KEEP getting harder for your kids - they will be on a decline for years and ride the past glory to mediocre. For this younger kids - Mar -Apr -May -and June your kids will continue to have it easier and easier but continue to use the skills that pushed them through bigger / stronger / more mature kids. Who wins in the end? I know my bet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re talking months here buddy. I doubt 60 - 90 days is going to.make a meaningful difference in a girl’s trajectory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a bizarre post. Both funny and pitiful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those parents of older 29’s - Dec - Nov - Oct - Sept - August???? It will KEEP getting harder for your kids - they will be on a decline for years and ride the past glory to mediocre. For this younger kids - Mar -Apr -May -and June your kids will continue to have it easier and easier but continue to use the skills that pushed them through bigger / stronger / more mature kids. Who wins in the end? I know my bet.

Is this a riddle? July… Because they weren’t mentioned

And LI dad visiting again… August is the youngest 29 in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok - Sept Dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a bizarre post. Both funny and pitiful.

LI dad hit the liquor cabinet early today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a weirdo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a weirdo

LI Dad finds it funny to come on here and comment about "holdbacks". He comments about it on the 29 LI page too. I guess if you can't beat us on the field you try to do it on an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that the UA 150 is accepting 2029 applicants this year. Is anyone sending their girls? I'm definitely considering it for my daughter, more for the experience than the recruiting aspect. I don't think anyone is looking at 29s yet but I think it might be a good experience for her if she's accepted. Anyone else considering UA 150?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about it for sure. My kid had a blast at american select, but the tryout politics really @ChillLaxin, so we are a little apprehensive about these all star circuits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 or Best in class
If you had to choose one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 or Best in class
If you had to choose one
Depends on what you are looking for. Ua150 absolutely has the best swag but the worst lacrosse and worst coaching but the combine is cool. Best in class has worse swag, think the combine is coming along better now but much better coaching and higher level talent all around as they aren’t pushing for players from everywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a weirdo

I assume it is sarcasm, Maybe the Opposite day? Or a liquor cabinet raid ? This is a better opposite day post for Boys where Holdbacks rule and are in majority at better teams and schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 or Best in class
If you had to choose one

Best in class. Biggest reason is that getting in make it easier to get in in 2 years when it matters. It’s the biggest recruiting event and 80-90 percent of invites go to kids who were there the year before.

Check the 27 threads. Multiple kids who are starters in top 10 teams didn’t get invited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears teams are not posting their rosters online anymore. The only team that has updated their roster is M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears teams are not posting their rosters online anymore. The only team that has updated their roster is M&D.

I am not sure it really matters. Most people know who went where and in a few weeks when games are starting up those who don't will see the movement. Besides MDU and Integrity, I am not sure there was massive movement at the top. For what it's worth, next year all the teams get sports recruits for their players and it will be the most accurate to see rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 or Best in class
If you had to choose one

Best in class. Biggest reason is that getting in make it easier to get in in 2 years when it matters. It’s the biggest recruiting event and 80-90 percent of invites go to kids who were there the year before.

Check the 27 threads. Multiple kids who are starters in top 10 teams didn’t get invited

Why not try both?

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard