Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,551
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest winners from tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honesty this age group was quiet. Nobody went up or down, nobody gained or lost one of their better players. It should all be very even this year. Teams will catch up to Igloo/Rebels and will likely see Express/91 close the gap. Shore only team to really drop a notch as they lost and didnt gain anything of value. Next year is a WS year, so expect players to move based on parents dreams of winning. Unfortunately for Igloo/Rebels that means players will move to Express/91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level picked up 3 very strong attackers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In all honesty this age group was quiet. Nobody went up or down, nobody gained or lost one of their better players. It should all be very even this year. Teams will catch up to Igloo/Rebels and will likely see Express/91 close the gap. Shore only team to really drop a notch as they lost and didnt gain anything of value. Next year is a WS year, so expect players to move based on parents dreams of winning. Unfortunately for Igloo/Rebels that means players will move to Express/91.

Igloo and Rebels added pieces and were already top 2
Express didn't do much, but will improve
91 tried to scholarship everyone and didn't add, look out of state?
Shore and Legacy lost a lot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels Second team got stronger.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Mike!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Rebels post in some time! Hilarious! Good one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have said Pat but he’s sleeping on his desk!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Where are they from ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams do in the off season? Any early favorites to take down the BOTC cup?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams do in the off season? Any early favorites to take down the BOTC cup?

Express. Just kidding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if shore and legacy lost then I’m going to assume that the added pieces to igloo and rebels were the kids from there.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So if shore and legacy lost then I’m going to assume that the added pieces to igloo and rebels were the kids from there.
I heard igloo legacy merged

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You heard or you know? My friends son is on igloo and he never mentioned it. I think that would be a shock if they did that. Maybe for national tounreys but cant see the two merging for club based tounreys.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You heard or you know? My friends son is on igloo and he never mentioned it. I think that would be a shock if they did that. Maybe for national tounreys but cant see the two merging for club based tounreys.
Could be for National tourneys, all i heard was that the organizations merged and they were folding some club scene teams. Not sure how accurate that is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LILAXDAD2023
Could be for National tourneys, all i heard was that the organizations merged and they were folding some club scene teams. Not sure how accurate that is.

Ran into a legacy 32’s dad last night. The only year confirmed to have actually merged is the 32 squad. Said there was absolutely no chance of the 31’s merging as those rosters have been made. He did also say he was told that the legacy 31’s lost their 2 guys that play on national teams. Supposedly 1 to the rebels and 1 to igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LILAXDAD2023

Ran into a legacy 32’s dad last night. The only year confirmed to have actually merged is the 32 squad. Said there was absolutely no chance of the 31’s merging as those rosters have been made. He did also say he was told that the legacy 31’s lost their 2 guys that play on national teams. Supposedly 1 to the rebels and 1 to igloo.

The organizations have merged. I'm sure due to the fact that most tryouts were done it would be too much of a logistical nightmare to try and do it all now. Plus,the Legacy 2031 team might be one of the worst on Long Island. I'm sure igloo is in no rush to merge with that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tbh nobody cares. Igloo isn’t that good so what does it matter. They are simply a stop over before the 2-3 better players leave for express and then the team joins the long list of horrible igloo teams. History repeats. Outside of the original black ice team, they have not had one contender for the WS. As someone previously called them, the toy soldiers are headed down that same road. And can they please find a coach who is taller than their players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tbh nobody cares. Igloo isn’t that good so what does it matter. They are simply a stop over before the 2-3 better players leave for express and then the team joins the long list of horrible igloo teams. History repeats. Outside of the original black ice team, they have not had one contender for the WS. As someone previously called them, the toy soldiers are headed down that same road. And can they please find a coach who is taller than their players?

Guys like you have been saying that for 4 years. Yet not a single top player from Rebels or Igloo have left and gone to 91 or Express (including this year). 91 and Express can't even get to a winners bracket in a top tournament. The only one express did ok at is the NLF.........but none of the best teams were there. No one can argue the dominance of Express and 91 as whole. But for some reason, it's not even close to happening at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patience is a virtue. Express and 91 will dominate this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They definitely will. The 91 blueprint is if they can't field a good team with Long Island kids they start bringing in double reclass kids from Florida, Texas, Georgia etc (2026 Storm). 91 is the worst offender. There 31 team already has a kid from Florida that come up for tournaments only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t hold your breath thinking that Rebels Stealth and Igloo Winter Soldiers top players will come running to 91 and Express. And, if they do, watch out, they’ll be taking other kids spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids left Rebels or Igloo this summer to go to Express or 91?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express or Express East? Pros, Cons, etc.. ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East will lose best players to 91. Express will @ChillLaxin at the younger ages until he decides to ramp it up like the 29 team this year. Watch out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any pros or cons with Northeast select

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They definitely will. The 91 blueprint is if they can't field a good team with Long Island kids they start bringing in double reclass kids from Florida, Texas, Georgia etc (2026 Storm). 91 is the worst offender. There 31 team already has a kid from Florida that come up for tournaments only.

LOL. Yeah. You can predict who will dominate. They are 11 yo now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou mr know it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou mr know it all.

I don't know it all but I know how it went with my older son. Two of the three best players on his club team at that age aren't even playing in college. The other one is playing club.

11 to 17 is a big difference. So let's stop with the "will dominate this age group" because you don't have any idea

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Express will dominate this age group

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thoughts on 91/Empire for this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cons are expensive locations for tournaments. Lake George summer and Florida in Winter holiday time.

Pros: Team owners get rich.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why in the world would parents spend thousands of dollars a year over what they are currently paying to put their kids on a second team?! Stop drinking the Kool Aid and making these owners rich. Your kid is not going to get any better playing on a second team.

The Rebels have a National team too - these are nothing more than money grabs. Selling you that your kid can play the best of the best on a national team. Total BS! There are enough talented teams to play up and down the East Coast that they all play against during the season.

There is too much money in lacrosse. I love seeing the inner city programs in Brooklyn and The Bronx growing. In a few years all these affluent Families are in for a rude awakening. The entire dynamics of the sport is going to change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell us your kid didn’t / can’t make Winter Soldiers without telling us. This comment is so specifically ridiculous towards Igloo you make it fool obvious they’re living rent free in your head. Newsflash: Igloo only attracted even more great players and families this year. The culture is beyond solid on the 31s and they’re not thinking about you. But you are def thinking about us 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northeast Select 31s are a solid group. Many of last season’s team now on Igloo for next season. It’s really not for development - practices minimal - so if you just want “more” tourneys at competitive levels, this is a good choice. Also good team environment - parents and kids from igloo, shore and legacy had a good time together. There were a small number from express and 91 for Newport tourney too but it was mostly igloo and some shore for 31s — each team varied though.
Cons for some could be the locations are $$$ and playing time not guaranteed and your kid may be fighting to get noticed vs a lot of kids the coaches know well. (Not that the second part should scare anyone off - all playing time is earned eventually!)
Hope that helps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about igloo. Team will break apart over the next two years. Top players will leave to position for HS teams. Happens every year. Funny previous post mentions coach is the same height as the players! That’s a good one, you can’t even see him when he’s coaching.. haha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s a lot of chatter about Igloo Winter Soldiers on this thread so obviously a lot of you do care. Focus on your child and their team and continued developing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obvious that Igloos coach doesn’t need a step ladder to respond on this thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 top are Igloo and Rebels at this age. After that there is a big drop off. I have been told that both teams added 3/4 players and we will see who is the best this fall. 91 and Express definitely improved last year but overall did not have the success the other 2 had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I came across the NORTHEAST SELECT tryouts page on Instagram and noticed Igloo was not listed, only, MooseLax, S2S and Legacy. I wonder if the Igloo/Legacy merger goes through, and the Igloo name will be changed to Legacy West and Legacy East, like the Rebels…any thoughts???

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard