Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,532
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 95 of 98 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 98
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think this has been addressed already by some parents. They all had their own reasons. There is nothing to pick apart and no one to blame. Some girls decided they wanted to try something else. That is it. Any reason anyone else thinks that they have is probably wrong. Season is over time to move on.

I don't buy this "they all had their own reasons". The families that left took the high road. A mass exodus like that is fishy. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
skywalkers took more than two coppermine blue players. They'll be just fine.Although it's ironic coppermine probably didn't even consider those girls yet SW Blue did

From which clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW Blue also took some Heros W girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was American Select this past weekend? I haven't heard a lot of rave reviews about the weekend, but curious what other people thought?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was American Select this past weekend? I haven't heard a lot of rave reviews about the weekend, but curious what other people thought?

Maryland is always at a disadvantage due to 2 factors. Other regions are made up of 1 or 2 club teams. So they have chemistry. Secondly, MD with their “independent” evaluations tend to leave off players who are top players but, may not try out well. Overall, it was a great experience but, MD needs to change up their tryout format if they want to compete in this event. It was evident across most age groups this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland is always at a disadvantage due to 2 factors. Other regions are made up of 1 or 2 club teams. So they have chemistry. Secondly, MD with their “independent” evaluations tend to leave off players who are top players but, may not try out well. Overall, it was a great experience but, MD needs to change up their tryout format if they want to compete in this event. It was evident across most age groups this weekend.

and maryland's top talent is usually split between AS and AA. there are several reasons for that, with the main one being AA is at home for maryland area families

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

American Select came into existence becausenUnder Armour evaluators always picked the same girls. Some deserving - some not. Plus it was always the same club and HS coaches every year. Thats where the independent evaluators came from

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did the MD Red team get 2 All Tournament team selections when they didn’t win any games, while yellow won all their pool games and only got 1 honorable mention? That seems really off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt this is true. But. Heard hero’s is second guessing roster new additions. Small community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only regretting a addition.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even post such speculation? This is hot @ChillLaxin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any team will regret taking on that player. Hero’s will quickly find out they don’t need all that drama.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Look at the rosters:
Yellow attack far better red attack
Yellow goalies far better than red goalies
Middies and defense about even.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Why did the MD Red team get 2 All Tournament team selections when they didn’t win any games, while yellow won all their pool games and only got 1 honorable mention? That seems really off
Those three were playing “me ball” the whole tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they be already regretting the addition? Season hasn't even started yet. No practices/games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Red team was in the top bracket while the yellow team was playing in the third bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they be already regretting the addition? Season hasn't even started yet. No practices/games.

Me ball offense player.
Doesn’t play defense or redefend
3 teams in 3 years should tell you something.
Heros will regret adding her to their really good team !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously aren’t paying attention on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously aren’t paying attention on this.

Heros has the best middie in the class already. They don’t need a ball hog the shoots every time she touches and helps zero anywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will never understand why Heros picked up a player full of drama, who is known to be mean and backstabbing to her teammates and a ball hog. Also doesn't stand out against the best anymore. Will be interesting to see if she grows as a teammate and how she gels with the established Middies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will never understand why Heros picked up a player full of drama, who is known to be mean and backstabbing to her teammates and a ball hog. Also doesn't stand out against the best anymore. Will be interesting to see if she grows as a teammate and how she gels with the established Middies.

Coach K making calls and making promises that will end up hurting his team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the forums? I keep getting an error message unless I search for individual boards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the forums? I keep getting an error message unless I search for individual boards

Yes, same issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any chance this gets fixed??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so the toxicity can continue??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, yes. What else will I do at work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sent an email to get this fixed and got back an automated email:

westonligreg@gmial.com
(ultimately generated from info@backofthecage.com)
Delay reason: host lookup did not complete

So, with gmial.com being invalid, they're probably not even aware of the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, same issue.

Same problem. All the MD forums inaccessible.
Can only see them via "active threads"

The moderation around where is weird.

Not allowing some posts, but Russian sneaker spammers allowed uninhibited. Makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This place is such a disaster when it comes to running forum. Cant access and what happens,,,nothing from site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, yes. What else will I do at work?

This place $ucks with all the problems, Really got me down. Now I actual need to work occasionally instead of read all the things going on in MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any team will regret taking on that player. Hero’s will quickly find out they don’t need all that drama.

Correct, This will not end well as drama always follows thus player. Team chemistry will suffer . Not sure what they were thinking putting her on team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, This will not end well as drama always follows thus player. Team chemistry will suffer . Not sure what they were thinking putting her on team.

The parents also seem out of touch and blind to what really goes on. The Hero's coaches better get a grip on things quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The person who is posting obsessively about a particular player clearly has an agenda and needs to stop. It's obviously one person, two people tops, and the sheer number of posts undermines your credibility.

In an effort to change the subject, all local rosters are available either on websites or Sports Recruit, I think with the exception of Crush. Any surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The person who is posting obsessively about a particular player clearly has an agenda and needs to stop. It's obviously one person, two people tops, and the sheer number of posts undermines your credibility.

In an effort to change the subject, all local rosters are available either on websites or Sports Recruit, I think with the exception of Crush. Any surprises?
Only surprise i see is the small roster for Coppermine and the absence of their "prized" recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only surprise i see is the small roster for Coppermine and the absence of their "prized" recruit.

Is the "prized" recruit you mention Aces girl who is not on roster?

Other surprise I think is that Skywalkers didn't turn over half their roster like people suggested. Looks like they only added 2 or 3 players. Don't think this is a bad thing for them though, they're already a solid team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for Crush for staying together as none of their players are listed on any other rosters. We already knew about the multiple Coppermine to M&D and and the other top players that shifted around. Does not seem like a large wave of players moved to SW like was anticipated going into high school and MDU appears to have stayed together while adding a couple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15 field players on SR for Copp? I hope they are still adding players to the website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The person who is posting obsessively about a particular player clearly has an agenda and needs to stop. It's obviously one person, two people tops, and the sheer number of posts undermines your credibility.

Is the "prized" recruit you mention Aces girl who is not on roster?

That be her, not last years “prized” recruit. Maybe a change of heart or just hasn’t been added yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Coppermine lose their HC already? Don’t see any coaches listed except the director

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Coppermine lose their HC already? Don’t see any coaches listed except the director

The head coach has a ton of other responsibilities at the Coppermine empire so was looking to take a step back. I think she will still be listed as an assistant coach or maybe even co-head coach so that there are not only parent coaches listed (which is something Coppermine tries to stay away from). How much she will really be involved remains to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
Page 95 of 98 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 98
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard