Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,551
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Boys 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Legacy 2026 team doing ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a rising 9th grader and wondering what your thoughts are on showcases. Which are money grabs and which are truly worth the time and money in 9th grade year. Hoping for insight from folks who have been there and done it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None untill the summer before jr year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious about these grade rules that are showing up now more than ever. At crabfeast this weekend , CoachC had a committed 2025 playing on his 2026 team because he plans on doing a PG.

Isn’t that against the rules? Or is that allowed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am curious about these grade rules that are showing up now more than ever. At crabfeast this weekend , CoachC had a committed 2025 playing on his 2026 team because he plans on doing a PG.

There are no rules

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no rules, especially in this class. How many holdbacks on Express? This sport is becoming an embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

Haha, doesn't post grad man after he graduates? As in 2025? He's not going to graduate HS in 2026, he's delaying college for a year. Was he playing for them this weekend in the lost bracket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

Haha, doesn't post grad man after he graduates? As in 2025? He's not going to graduate HS in 2026, he's delaying college for a year. Was he playing for them this weekend in the lost bracket?

In my opinion a PG year does not change a grad year. Only a reclass does. And yes, that is what it is. You only have to complain about it for another year. And then, you will get to college and watch 6 year super seniors transfer in and play ahead of your son. Accept it or go enjoy golf with your son. Probably better memories and cheaper. Less frustrating shooting 105 than this. Wish somebody gave this advice 10 years ago. lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

In my opinion a PG year does not change a grad year. Only a reclass does. And yes, that is what it is. You only have to complain about it for another year. And then, you will get to college and watch 6 year super seniors transfer in and play ahead of your son. Accept it or go enjoy golf with your son. Probably better memories and cheaper. Less frustrating shooting 105 than this. Wish somebody gave this advice 10 years ago. lol.

I'm fine with reclass kids. My son has been playing with and against them for years. It helped get him ready for HS lacrosse in MD where there are reclass kids everywhere. This isn't a reclass. Just the best 26 team having a college commited kid play down. I'm sure the long term 26 players that are losing playing time to him were thrilled when they lost to FCA this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

I'm fine with reclass kids. My son has been playing with and against them for years. It helped get him ready for HS lacrosse in MD where there are reclass kids everywhere. This isn't a reclass. Just the best 26 team having a college commited kid play down. I'm sure the long term 26 players that are losing playing time to him were thrilled when they lost to FCA this weekend.

I thought there weren't holdbacks on the Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

There was no 2025 playing with CoachC at Crabfeast. There is video of the games so tell us what number your imaginary 2025 was. Didn't happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the @ChillLaxin fields that the boys will be playing on at Stony Brook for NLF?! How they fail year after year to get a quality surface for these boys to play on is beyond me. Half dirt and half grass???? Surprised the goals don’t have rounded corners and holes (which they did a couple years back).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

There was no 2025 playing with CoachC at Crabfeast. There is video of the games so tell us what number your imaginary 2025 was. Didn't happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the @ChillLaxin fields that the boys will be playing on at Stony Brook for NLF?! How they fail year after year to get a quality surface for these boys to play on is beyond me. Half dirt and half grass???? Surprised the goals don’t have rounded corners and holes (which they did a couple years back).

Yeah, can’t wait to see what it looks like after the rainstorms… kids playing in a mud pit trying to get recruited isn’t a good look. Alliance tourney may be the way to go in future years if NLF can’t put a better product out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no rules

Agreed!!

Wrong. You must have been on the side of the L. Quit your yapping. No one cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Ten 2026 just wrapped up an outstanding summer, winning every tournament they entered except the Sweetlax Challenge. They've won the Great 8, NAL, & ALL Championship. The most impressive is the NAL championship because that tournament is the most competitive tournament of the summer as it has the most top ranked teams in attendance, even more than the NLF championship. Team Ten is the best 2026 team in the nation this year. Congrats to the players coaches and parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Ten 2026 just wrapped up an outstanding summer, winning every tournament they entered except the Sweetlax Challenge. They've won the Great 8, NAL, & ALL Championship. The most impressive is the NAL championship because that tournament is the most competitive tournament of the summer as it has the most top ranked teams in attendance, even more than the NLF championship. Team Ten is the best 2026 team in the nation this year. Congrats to the players coaches and parents.

Thanks coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express CoachC has three holdbacks....2 at attack and 1 at attack, plus anyone else he invites as a guest player and writes a check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did they due vs Laxachuttes and 91 Storm? Not that it means anything because I am sure they’ll get D1 looks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a good laugh! Way to go Team Ten!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again. No one cares anymore about who the best team is That’s 5th grade stuff. Right now all the kids are working on film, emailing coaches and setting themselves up for phone calls after Sept 1. Are you going to used this snippet in your kids bio for his highlight reel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody knows to wear the National Champ Crown you gotta win the NLF National Championship. Team 91 LI is the new National Champ King. Undisputed number #1. Better luck next year Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody knows to wear the National Champ Crown you gotta win the NLF National Championship. Team 91 LI is the new National Champ King. Undisputed number #1. Better luck next year Express.

lol. I guess this contradicts the “nobody cares” stuff. I see the kids, the coaches and especially the parents on the sidelines. Everybody cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling that team LI is the biggest joke in the sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 won 3 out of the 4 tourney they played. Would say them and Team Ten are 1 and 1A. They never went head to head. Lax Black fell hard and Express showed they are average without their FOGO being 100%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at Philly fool trying to get in the big boy action. Only Philly garbage playing baby games for participation ribbons could be this notIntelligent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a rising 9th grader and wondering what your thoughts are on showcases. Which are money grabs and which are truly worth the time and money in 9th grade year. Hoping for insight from folks who have been there and done it.

Prospect days at target schools are better bang for your bucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at Philly fool trying to get in the big boy action. Only Philly garbage playing baby games for participation ribbons could be this notIntelligent.

Big boy action as in having the best team in the nation this year? Ask LI Express and Florida/Georgia/Texas ehhem I mean LI 91 how they did against Team Ten last time they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean team 91 orange storm national right ? Everyone knows half the team is from Florida. Team 91 is a classless , brainless organization. Everyone knows about your roster for 2026 and even your 2027 machine team with kids from Georgia. Woors traveks fast and I guess so do those flights from Florida and Georgia.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Not at that age. You want wider exposure first. See who likes you and who you like. Then target individual schools (though may prospect days have other coaches too).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon that’s how the sell parents at the younger ages. Dont mess with their lies!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious what the issue is. It isn’t against any rules. The south doesn’t have great lacrosse. If a FL/GA kid is good enough to play up here what’s the problem? If they go to a northern boarding school, then is it okay? Iron sharpens iron. We should be flattered everyone wants to be up here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious what the issue is. It isn’t against any rules. The south doesn’t have great lacrosse. If a FL/GA kid is good enough to play up here what’s the problem? If they go to a northern boarding school, then is it okay? Iron sharpens iron. We should be flattered everyone wants to be up here.

The point is there are " national " teams and teams that call themselves local long island teams . That's also how they are ranked by USCL (not that that matters ). If you're going to add kids from lacrosse the country then just call yourself a national team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair enough. But they are playing National teams in many of these tournaments. So, what I’m hearing is the issue really just comes down to the name and “calling themselves” LI .I guess I look at it like reclasses/hold backs/PG years. It is what it is. These guys are all competing for the same spots at this level and the next. But thank you for the insight. I see your point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually you missed the point on that completely. The main reason these national teams are out of rankings is not because they pull from a much bigger radius (only world series has this 100 mile rule) it’s because many of these national teams have huge player pools and are essentially a different team each event. It’s not feasible to accurately rank them with so much roster variability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense, as well but not at all what you said in your first post. Are people frustrated bc out of state kids are taking up Long Island spots, because the team is misrepresented, or because of some rankings issue.l?

My nephew plays for Thunder (out of GA) with Atlanta written on their uniform There are several out of state kids on it bc Tennessee doesn’t have good lacrosse. No one cares. No one. I’m just curious why it is such an issue with Long Island. maybe because lax just means more here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You answered your own question...TN doesn't really have lacrosse so they go where there is a team.
Florida - has Sweetlax
Georgia - has 3D and Thunder
Its not a big deal that they play for them just don't say you are LI say you are a National Team. Sweetlax does it - the have Sweetlax Flordia and Sweetlax Upstate, when they join forces they are Sweetlax Navy and everyone knows that is their national team.
No need to play for a NY team especially since I assume no one is flying up for practices. The kid who just won the MVP for Team 91 LI is from Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of this matters anymore. Recruiting matters.

It's an important shift that parents have to make in their heads.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard