Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats on YJ locking in the #1 and being efficient with 22 games played. M&D #2 played 47. Pretty fool the amount of lax they play in Maryland

The question is why is YJ ranked ahead of M&D when they've lost two them twice? And M&D has played twice the amount of games as them and still only lost twice

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on YJ locking in the #1 and being efficient with 22 games played. M&D #2 played 47. Pretty fool the amount of lax they play in Maryland

Maryland does not have town or PAL lacrosse like LI does. The travel teams compete against each other in winter and spring leagues. Some of the top MD teams will have even more games as they make playoffs at different tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question is why is YJ ranked ahead of M&D when they've lost two them twice? And M&D has played twice the amount of games as them and still only lost twice

Since when does the number of games matter? Quantity rules?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to bring up quality of teams played then look at M&Ds strength of schedule compared to YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a M&D or MDU parent, but the parent of another MD based 2030. Looks like the MD based teams play a few more games (mostly mid to low 30s) than some of the teams in other regions, but most don't play anywhere close to the mid-40s. Part of the discrepancy between MD and other regions is that the MD teams play with their clubs in the NGLL in the spring, but in many regions, the girls play in a rec league during the spring season and then with their club in the summer and fall tournaments. Either way, M&D (and MDU for that matter) play more games than most of their peers because they go deep in playoffs in both the NGLL and in summer/fall tournaments that have playoffs. I cannot fault them for winning consistently against high level competition.

Also note, rankings based on goal differential, and in playoffs like lax for Cure or Summer Genesis, the games are short (20-22 min) so it’s hard to get a big lead. This can hurt the top teams and I can tell you did hurt both M&D & MDU in final rankings.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to bring up quality of teams played then look at M&Ds strength of schedule compared to YJ.

We also understand that these “ranking” are subjective and arbitrary anyway and don’t really matter, right? I mean, they only matter to a fraction of the parents. No one else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We also understand that these “ranking” are subjective and arbitrary anyway and don’t really matter, right? I mean, they only matter to a fraction of the parents. No one else.

Don’t forget Club directors. They the rankings to advertise and pad their pockets with C and D teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heat wave this week. Any word on clubs moving times or days for the 2030s, especially the ones that start in early afternoon? Monday 94, Tuesday 97, Wednesday 95….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heat wave this week. Any word on clubs moving times or days for the 2030s, especially the ones that start in early afternoon? Monday 94, Tuesday 97, Wednesday 95….

Organizers don't care. They have their $$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s everyone feeling after this Jester’s tryouts. Saw some of you at igloo

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lot's of really good player at jesters from a lot of different teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s everyone feeling after this Jester’s tryouts. Saw some of you at igloo

Just here to stir the pot, I guess?

Let families do what is best for their girls and leave them alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And igloo. And 91 and legacy next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

everyone is trying out everywhere!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just have to say anything more than 2 hours for a 2 day tryout is idiotic…. Especially during this weeks heat wave..

directors please use your critical thinking skills

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or all of the club directors are saying that to make other parents feel like they need to do it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or all of the club directors are saying that to make other parents feel like they need to do it too.

$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of unhappy parents for a variety of reasons - 1) play time - many top teams, even at this age, are not focusing on developing everyone but on winning, so bottom 5-10 girls are unhappy; 2) unacceptable coaching behavior - yelling and demeaning girls; 3) lack of coaching/development, 4) teams not competitive enough. 5) unrealistic expectations - parents thought that the kids are better (in terms of skills and work ethics) than they actually are. 1 & 2 are the main reasons I would say for this grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of unhappy parents for a variety of reasons - 1) play time - many top teams, even at this age, are not focusing on developing everyone but on winning, so bottom 5-10 girls are unhappy; 2) unacceptable coaching behavior - yelling and demeaning girls; 3) lack of coaching/development, 4) teams not competitive enough. 5) unrealistic expectations - parents thought that the kids are better (in terms of skills and work ethics) than they actually are. 1 & 2 are the main reasons I would say for this grade.

3 is most important

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone care to tell how's rosters are shaping up so far?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and jesters only ones with offers out yet. Babst doesn’t sub and has daddy coaches so I don’t think kids trying to join. Heard they are only looking for defenders. 91 hasn’t sent out results and legacy tryouts next week. Topguns offers zero practices compared to others so not good for player development. I think most of the liberty team will come back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and jesters only ones with offers out yet. Babst doesn’t sub and has daddy coaches so I don’t think kids trying to join. Heard they are only looking for defenders. 91 hasn’t sent out results and legacy tryouts next week. Topguns offers zero practices compared to others so not good for player development. I think most of the liberty team will come back.

91 results out late last night… heard most came back. think team will be top 10-15 next year. couple of new offense weapon's. they added a B team. who knows if enough players will accept

Jesters out- Finally broke up the team. most of the new girls are from GC. Top 5 team next year

Top guns- not out but lighter than usual showing at tryouts today. Think people are trying to walk away from this or do not even want to go near this situation. Also heard the current Black team not happy about minimal practices. Saw a few of their offensive players at Igloo and Liberty. Not sure how this Dad is still the coach. Top15-20 next year

igloo out and Generally the same. Think heard a couple of new players. Top 10-15.

Liberty- Not out but heard generally same team with a few new faces that will add goals and shore up defense. girl playing on 2029 coming back to 2030 . Top 15-20

YJ- who knows…. Prob same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 results out late last night… heard most came back. think team will be top 10-15 next year. couple of new offense weapon's. they added a B team. who knows if enough players will accept

Jesters out- Finally broke up the team. most of the new girls are from GC. Top 5 team next year

Top guns- not out but lighter than usual showing at tryouts today. Think people are trying to walk away from this or do not even want to go near this situation. Also heard the current Black team not happy about minimal practices. Saw a few of their offensive players at Igloo and Liberty. Not sure how this Dad is still the coach. Top15-20 next year

igloo out and Generally the same. Think heard a couple of new players. Top 10-15.

Liberty- Not out but heard generally same team with a few new faces that will add goals and shore up defense. girl playing on 2029 coming back to 2030 . Top 15-20

So jesters and 91 improved and igloo stayed same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So jesters and 91 improved and igloo stayed same?

Sounds like it.

4 more years for til group’s recruiting cycle…. It flew by fast. good luck to everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious- went to read about something I heard about Tradition, and I found this instead. This thread is clearly an echo chamber of 91, Igloo and, to a lesser extent, Tradition “pay attention to my kid’s team” parents. The results this year and every other previous year speak for themselves, and they aren’t worth bragging about except Igloo. To think something different for the future is unfair to your kids. Car rides home from MD tournaments must be fun for your daughters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG parent here and just need to chime in. I disagree about player development. My daughter has developed leaps and bounds on TG and loves the coaching. Find it kinda strange that Jesters broke the team apart. Why change something that was actually working well for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out for Jesters, Liberty and Top Guns. About same number of girls at Jester and Top Gun tryouts. We did only attend one day of the Jester tryout, however. Less at Liberty but situation works better for us.

Jester tryout seemed a little deeper then Top Guns with a lot of the Tradition team there. Did that whole team break up?

Also has Babst played Jesters this year? I saw Top Guns just lost to them 7-3.

Prediction is rankings do not change much from how this year finished

YJ
Jesters
Top Guns
Igloo
91/ Liberty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG parent here and just need to chime in. I disagree about player development. My daughter has developed leaps and bounds on TG and loves the coaching. Find it kinda strange that Jesters broke the team apart. Why change something that was actually working well for them.

Be honest. How many practices did you have in the fall and how many in the spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 just started too - they inherited the older teams when they entered the market by buying a club. I think the 2028s are their first class.

91 has been around for girls since early 2000s.
Team 91 just started too - they inherited the older teams when they entered the market by buying a club. I think the 2028s are their first class.

91 has been around for girls since early 2000s.

They were around but folded the girls program. Bought out Brookhaven Bandits 3 years ago when they started back up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think I understand what's going on at Jesters. Broke up teams when things are going fine. yes, things may not be going as well as they would have hoped but come on, turning the team upside down may not be the way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think I understand what's going on at Jesters. Broke up teams when things are going fine. yes, things may not be going as well as they would have hoped but come on, turning the team upside down may not be the way to go.

"turning the team upside down". LOL

They cut the worst 5 girls and added 4 GC girls. No one left and core is the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters didn’t do it for the sake of doing it. They had better kids try out that wanted to be on that team. Tough for the girls that got cut. But the team most likely improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe cut the bottom portion of the roster and added height

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team wasn’t turned upside down. Core remains…Team improved with the addition of 4-5 new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be honest. How many practices did you have in the fall and how many in the spring

Jumping in here from another thread. I have an older daughter at TG and I can see her lax skills have improved tremendously. I too was skeptical at first seeing their practice model but have seen the benefits. TG has about 6-8 practices before the fall tournaments and then in the winter they have practices that focus on lax skills and 7v7s. Their individual skills (stick, dodging, footwork, etc) are developed in the “off-season” until the spring.
It is nice practice structure that they have. As your girls have the opportunity to play middle school,jv and varsity lax next year you will notice that you will have less time with school practices every day. TG Girls do not feel the pressure of having to go travel practice after school practice/games. This allows them to focus on school work, extracurricular activities, work, being a teenager

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Knicks are looking for height in a back up center. This is lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Knicks are looking for height in a back up center. This is lacrosse.

Height matters less in lacrosse but it does matter and factors into roster decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious- went to read about something I heard about Tradition, and I found this instead. This thread is clearly an echo chamber of 91, Igloo and, to a lesser extent, Tradition “pay attention to my kid’s team” parents. The results this year and every other previous year speak for themselves, and they aren’t worth bragging about except Igloo. To think something different for the future is unfair to your kids. Car rides home from MD tournaments must be fun for your daughters.

You post seems a bit incoherent. What is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Igloo and Legacy are merging? And maybe we're going to tell people until AFTER tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard rumors of some girls from igloo moving to legacy, doubt teams are merging.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard