Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a student verbal commits to a NESCAC July 1st, I assume they can still play through July and try for D1? Or, if they verbal does that take them "off the board" where no D1's will have an interest?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
S2S and Iglioo 0-8 at NAL

Wins and losses no longer matter. Who cares?

A lot of kids on both of those teams are already committed too.

Wins and losses do not really matter I agree. But being competitive does. Coaches are watching their commits. It is just a verbal.

Too many parents act like coaches are notIntelligent and can't evaluate players on losing teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a student verbal commits to a NESCAC July 1st, I assume they can still play through July and try for D1? Or, if they verbal does that take them "off the board" where no D1's will have an interest?

I thought the NESCACs were August 1. And verbals are verbals until NLIs are signed. However, there non NLIs in D3 since there is no athletic scholarships in D3. Plenty of stories of D3 players that get cut in the fall of freshman year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the language "committed to the application process" mean on most of the commits I'm seeing this week? That IF they can get into the school they are going to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 teams at the Long Island Lacrosse Showcase were underwhelming. Lots of ball hogs who think coaches want to see that. The truth is they want to see lacrosse played the right way.

The kid they gave the GoPro didn't do anything either. And the Nassau team wasn't very good at all.

Your son was home wasn’t he? Bitter jagoff

If my son were at home how would I know the kid with the GoPro was a ball hog who didn't do anything after a 3-point varsity season as a junior?

That ball hog with no varsity stats just committed D1 so I guess it worked.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the language "committed to the application process" mean on most of the commits I'm seeing this week? That IF they can get into the school they are going to play?

it really means if they can maintain their grades , test scores and behavior etc etc etc , they will get in, but they are not in until they are in - but chances are , the work that has been done thus far is good enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this wording is usually with Ivies, NESCAC and the Academies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this wording is usually with Ivies, NESCAC and the Academies.

Interesting. They all have to get in regardless. But I guess with D1 the coaches have a bit more influence? And that’s why those kids don’t use that language?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed doesn’t mean admitting. The coaches send the transcripts to admissions and get a sense that can make the verbal. There is no athletic money at d3 and players do not sign a letter of intent, like d1 and d2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed doesn’t mean admitting. The coaches send the transcripts to admissions and get a sense that can make the verbal. There is no athletic money at d3 and players do not sign a letter of intent, like d1 and d2.

The pre-read goes through the admissions team so if you get a verbal commitment to the admissions process that means that you will get get accepted if you apply early decision/action assuming that your grades/scores stay where the are between now and then.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The pre-read goes through the admissions team so if you get a verbal commitment to the admissions process that means that you will get get accepted if you apply early decision/action assuming that your grades/scores stay where the are between now and then.

That is correct. End the club run for this group. But recruiting isn’t over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the completely uncommitted roster from East Coast Elite playing dirty in front of college coaches today while their parents screamed at the opponents parents. That's how you get recruited.

Spoiled kids used to getting their own way I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the completely uncommitted roster from East Coast Elite playing dirty in front of college coaches today while their parents screamed at the opponents parents. That's how you get recruited.

Not every kid wants to play in college. Those parents are brutal every weekend though. Mostly the Sayville and Bay Shore ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which game?

They were playing a Legacy team. Not sure which one. My kid was playing on the same field right after. Saw one kid intentionally hit a kid in the neck/head with a two handed slash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol. My son’s team played them in the past. They aren’t bad. How many coaches were watching? Because that team doesn’t really travel and doesn’t get a lot of exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friendly advice for uncommitted 25’s:
If you are still waiting for a D1, you may still get one but be prepared to be at the very bottom of the depth chart next fall. If you have a D3 offer in hand from a school that you couldn’t get into without lacrosse, take it because it might not be there in another month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol. My son’s team played them in the past. They aren’t bad. How many coaches were watching? Because that team doesn’t really travel and doesn’t get a lot of exposure.

There weren't many coaches watching. I really only saw one pole slash a kid from behind in the head and neck away from the play. I'm not sure what the attack man said to deserve that though. 17 year olds should be able to control themselves more than that though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are still waiting for a D1, you may still get one but be prepared to be at the very bottom of the depth chart next fall. If you have a D3 offer in hand from a school that you couldn’t get into without lacrosse, take it because it might not be there in another month.

This is excellent advice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is excellent advice

Agree. Your son should be having solid conversations going on at this point. D1 offers are still available, but coaches are being selective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is excellent advice

Agree. Your son should be having solid conversations going on at this point. D1 offers are still available, but coaches are being selective.

Based on what I'm hearing from my son's teammates the D1 offers are roster spots more than $$$. That's great if D1 matters to you but don't ignore the D2 and D3 schools!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is excellent advice

Based on what I'm hearing from my son's teammates the D1 offers are roster spots more than $$$. That's great if D1 matters to you but don't ignore the D2 and D3 schools!

Also be sure to look at roster sizes for some of these D1 schools. They don't mind a team of 60 but how many dress and play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is excellent advice

Also be sure to look at roster sizes for some of these D1 schools. They don't mind a team of 60 but how many dress and play?

Making a D1 roster is a lot different than actually playing. About 20 players at most will get real (non @ChillLaxin) playing time in a typical game:

3 A, 3 D, 2 LSM, 4 SS, 6 OM, 1 FO, 1 G

If you actually want to play, you need to be very realistic with your options. If you are the 15th kid in the recruiting class of 15 players the odds are very low you will crack into the depth chart even as an upper classman. If you are a top 3 recruit out of 15 you will likely get real minutes as a freshman. Ask the coach where you fall on their list. Some will be honest with you. But if you are a 2025 and get a D1 offer in July, this is a good indicator that you are at the very bottom of their list and probably a four year scout player, which every program needs. All bets are off for fogos and goalies where there are usually only one of each recruited per class, but if you are the 6th pole or 6th offensive player on their list, the odds are stacked against you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is excellent advice

Making a D1 roster is a lot different than actually playing. About 20 players at most will get real (non @ChillLaxin) playing time in a typical game:

3 A, 3 D, 2 LSM, 4 SS, 6 OM, 1 FO, 1 G

If you actually want to play, you need to be very realistic with your options. If you are the 15th kid in the recruiting class of 15 players the odds are very low you will crack into the depth chart even as an upper classman. If you are a top 3 recruit out of 15 you will likely get real minutes as a freshman. Ask the coach where you fall on their list. Some will be honest with you. But if you are a 2025 and get a D1 offer in July, this is a good indicator that you are at the very bottom of their list and probably a four year scout player, which every program needs. All bets are off for fogos and goalies where there are usually only one of each recruited per class, but if you are the 6th pole or 6th offensive player on their list, the odds are stacked against you.

This is sad but true. Once in a while a late summer D1 recruit will peak late and end up being an impact player but typically a July/August D1 commit will end up a bench player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, a lot of commits are just enrollment boosters for the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou B team parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, a lot of commits are just enrollment boosters for the school.

Somewhat true. Most late D1 commits are what the coaches call GPA players. These are players with high GPA’s that will help the overall GPA average of the team. Most coaches have a GPA bonus. The higher their teams GPA the more bonus money the receive sometimes one of these GPA kids turn out to be a pretty good college player
Some late commits are kids that go under the radar My older
Son’s( 2023)HS teammate didn’t get recruited until October of senior year. He was always a good player. But played on a B club team. Got bad recruiting advice and just wasn’t being seen. He ended up getting significant minutes as a freshman. If you truly believe your son has what it takes and he wants D1. Don’t give up. But also. Don’t just pick a school solely for lacrosse
If he is a middle of the road student maybe take a year at Nassau, play and then renter the recruiting process a year later

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids will have a great experience being a down-the-roster player on a D1 team too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids will have a great experience being a down-the-roster player on a D1 team too.

This are the same kids who go to tourneys and watch guest players play and they sit on the bench. It’s so funny at this point that parents tolerate that.. Can’t use the justification anymore of practice with the best makes you better. Because these kids don’t practice lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a shame that these fields at SB are cooked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time wins AA. Shock less spent after the semis

West Coast Stars wins A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the platinum? What about Plutonium?

Who cares? Last licks and chances to be seen by college coaches. W and L don't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Last licks and chances to be seen by college coaches. W and L don't matter.

Good point. But I still shake my head at seeing so many kids on these NLF teams that don’t play. Can’t be seen from the bench unless you walk over to the coaches and introduce yourself…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. But I still shake my head at seeing so many kids on these NLF teams that don’t play. Can’t be seen from the bench unless you walk over to the coaches and introduce yourself…

At least you can introduce yourself to one of the 30 or so Coaches that will be watching. And the few good organizations know that the mid level players on the top teams need looks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the boys doing at SUSA this week? I'm hearing there are a lot of coaches. I'm stuck at work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the boys doing at SUSA this week? I'm hearing there are a lot of coaches. I'm stuck at work.

Lots of coaches. It is also really, really hot!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of coaches. It is also really, really hot!!

Hopefully a bunch of 2025s find homes after this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now that it’s over, except one or two event this weekend in Philly and Yale. Was the team choices you made for son correct? Where or expectations met or was it all a lot of talk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TZ will still get those kids recruited.

White team pulled out of their last tourney at Yale today. I wonder if that whole merger of a grade between Rush and Legscy was successful?

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard