Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 278 of 284 1 2 276 277 278 279 280 283 284
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With everybody (even True rosters) kind of settled in to next year's rosters, I was thinking about the DOA/folded clubs from the 2028s over the years....and maybe the promises from all their directors and coaches. Who am I missing (2028s only)?

Predators - folded 2028 team
Mesa-MD - folded - all
Diamondbacks - folded - all
Sidewinders - purchased by Clippers
MDX - purchased by Rebels
Cavs - folded 2028
Fallston - folded 2028 after True hired coaches
Coppermine - folded all boys teams
Mason Dixon - purchased by True
Kelly Post - 2028 purchased by True
Cutters - purchased by True
Hoco Pink/Black - hearing they have folded 2028 teams, even though offering a HS program
Blue Claws AAA - headed to new John Carroll club
Saltwater
Coastal - seems like they were just bought by True
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True
Looneys (technically 2027)

Rec Club Teams Aged Out: Ville, Forest Hill, LTLC, Swarm, Westminster (I think they were MYLA only).

VLC shut down for a year or two and then held tryouts to get a new team going for the upcoming season. It will be interesting to see if they have enough players to get off the ground.

VLC held tryouts for a 2028 team last summer as well, and not enough guys showed up to field a team. Can't imagine why this year would be different, especially with Black Wolf trying to start a 2028 team, too.
. How would anyone know Blackwolf is trying to start a team? I just checked their website and it says 2017 Coaching staff….
The Blackwolf guy might be the only one who can rival Cabell Maddux for Clown of the Year

In what way? Don't know anything about him.

If you do a search on him, you will find out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
predators and cavs folded? didnt they play on the island this summer? like a month agao

Preds cobbled together a win less AA team this past year after losing 18 kids July 2023, and losing another 3 prior starters prior to Hoco 2024. Safe to say the new families who came in July 2023 did not know what was going on, and were ready to leave after 1 year. 13 kids at tryouts.

That said, the Preds 2027 and 2029 families seem pretty satisfied.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any movement between A and B on DMV teams?

Little to no movement between NL and DCE A and B teams. Madlax brought on some kids from NL and DCE B teams.

Which I think Madlax might start seeing more of these kids in the future since NL and DCE will not change up their A teams going into HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any movement between A and B on DMV teams?

Little to no movement between NL and DCE A and B teams. Madlax brought on some kids from NL and DCE B teams.

Which I think Madlax might start seeing more of these kids in the future since NL and DCE will not change up their A teams going into HS.

Why would anyone go to Madlax under any circumstances? Toxic culture and every player capable of leaving over the last year has left. If there is halfway decent coaching I would much rather play on a healthy, competitive "B team" than be part of a raging dumpster fire with a team that is only marginally better with its fly-ins and possibly worse without, and that has a record of dodging tough competition at tournaments or leaving at halftime if they can't manage that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax must be having numbers problems because they basically have tryouts all year round. There were a ton of their helmets spotted at every tryout around thr DMV

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They couldn’t have more kids on the team - the online roster shows more than 30 and that doesn’t include kids who joined this summer…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They couldn’t have more kids on the team - the online roster shows more than 30 and that doesn’t include kids who joined this summer…

They have 31 kids on their roster… but she knows he can’t beat anyone with that roster, so he is constantly hosting “Revolutionary, Flex tryouts with Hyper Advanced coaching” … he just needs to dupe 4-5 kids and their parents at the start of each season (fall, winter, and spring) to offset the churn of 7-10 kids constantly looking to head elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so curious how the kids ON the team feel knowing that there are constant tryouts for it??? It must be such a strange vibe. But people keep signing their kids up for it so I guess it must be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so curious how the kids ON the team feel knowing that there are constant tryouts for it??? It must be such a strange vibe. But people keep signing their kids up for it so I guess it must be fine.

You also need to think about the fly-in kids that come in for tournaments.

I guess the one way you can look at it is that your position is never guaranteed and you need to keep working on and off the field if you want it.

I agree though, it must feel strange not being able to have a consistent team atmosphere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the one way you can look at it is that your position is never guaranteed and you need to keep working on and off the field if you want it.

I agree though, it must feel strange not being able to have a consistent team atmosphere.

What I don’t understand is players from Maryland and Pennsylvania playing for teams in Connecticut and New York. (There maybe players from North that travel down, I just have not heard of any) I understand why a player from Ohio might fly in to play for Elite level teams, but why leave areas with Elite teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that must be strange because it sounds like a such a fun and supportive youth sports environment otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I don’t understand is players from Maryland and Pennsylvania playing for teams in Connecticut and New York. (There maybe players from North that travel down, I just have not heard of any) I understand why a player from Ohio might fly in to play for Elite level teams, but why leave areas with Elite teams?

When you burn bridges at every elite team in the area you have no choice but to fan out all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you burn bridges at every elite team in the area you have no choice but to fan out all over the place.

MadLax seems to have nine lives, both as a program and 2028 in particular. The criticisms are valid, but MadLax has a good team, overflowing with players, and they seem to have no problem replenishing their roster when necessary. They played DCE tough this summer, it was a 6-3 final, but the game was tied until the last few minutes. All three local programs (DCE, NL, ML) get their players recruited. The "new" MadLax 2028 does get a lot of players from out of state, which has its downsides, but also has a national team mentality (like Red Hots) which some kids probably like. So slam MadLax all you like, but they seem to be doing fine, which is a good thing, because DCE and NL would not have roster space for their players, and there don't seem to be any other options in the DMV for this class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MadLax seems to have nine lives, both as a program and 2028 in particular. The criticisms are valid, but MadLax has a good team, overflowing with players, and they seem to have no problem replenishing their roster when necessary. They played DCE tough this summer, it was a 6-3 final, but the game was tied until the last few minutes. All three local programs (DCE, NL, ML) get their players recruited. The "new" MadLax 2028 does get a lot of players from out of state, which has its downsides, but also has a national team mentality (like Red Hots) which some kids probably like. So slam MadLax all you like, but they seem to be doing fine, which is a good thing, because DCE and NL would not have roster space for their players, and there don't seem to be any other options in the DMV for this class.

That 6-3 result was Supreme Nationals and not Madlax National, which made a difference in that game because they had players from New Level and elsewhere that are not part of the Nationals roster. If you want to try to evaluate Madlax National with their "normal" fly-ins then I think you have to look at their summer tournament performances, which were not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simple: don't constrain this to "elite" teams (since half of Elite players rarely play)....and look at the adults involved. The top half of 2028 Hoco teams are plagued with poor culture, toxic parents, fool coaches, and cliquey kids. Plus sky high pricing. If 91MD or ML can replace my kid who lives a half mile from the practice fields, with a 2x holdback boarding school kid from NH who will attend exaxtly zero practices, why can't my kid be that player for some other team out of state....probably for a lot less money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're still on this page you are under the illusion that club lacrosse still matters. News flash. The past 6-7 years were youth lacrosse, which doesn't mean a thing, and the only thing that matters from here forward is being on a quality high school team with coaches that can get your son recruited. If you think club will do that for you, you're either headed to a high school with no track record of recruiting or living in the fantasy land of USCLA rankings actually meaning something. There are some exceptions where a quality club will get you exposure for recruiting, but that's a rare case. Signed, a parent that's been here before and is still shaking his head at all the club drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 6-3 result was Supreme Nationals and not Madlax National, which made a difference in that game because they had players from New Level and elsewhere that are not part of the Nationals roster. If you want to try to evaluate Madlax National with their "normal" fly-ins then I think you have to look at their summer tournament performances, which were not good.

Fine. Let's talk about the ML/DCE HOCO score then.

And DCE would not have won the July game without their fly in FOGO.

What is your excuse now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

I am guessing you are from ML?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

I don't need an excuse: DCE played poorly in HOCO, not just that game but really the whole season. Maybe it was growing pains because they were a new team or coaches figuring out rotations, but DCE had a disappointing HOCO season.

They were much improved over the summer, however, and inarguably had a much better summer than Madlax. But we don't really even need to go to game results though, because the fact that every Madlax player capable of leaving for DCE did (and most of the others tried out) should tell you everything you need to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

The MadLax team that lost 6-3 to DCE was the MadLax Supreme, which I presume was stocked with their own fly-ins and drop ins - how does Supreme compare to the regular MadLax team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

The post that brought up the 6-3 DCE/MadLax game acknowledged that it was close up to the end, and used that game as proof that Madlax is on equal footing with DCE and NL. I would have expected ML to be happy with that assessment. Are you saying that you think Madlax is better than DCE??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

I don't need an excuse: DCE played poorly in HOCO, not just that game but really the whole season. Maybe it was growing pains because they were a new team or coaches figuring out rotations, but DCE had a disappointing HOCO season.

They were much improved over the summer, however, and inarguably had a much better summer than Madlax. But we don't really even need to go to game results though, because the fact that every Madlax player capable of leaving for DCE did (and most of the others tried out) should tell you everything you need to know.

Nope. The best pole, attack and middie went to NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

debatable, and the point is not where they went, but where they left from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

What is your excuse now?

The MadLax team that lost 6-3 to DCE was the MadLax Supreme, which I presume was stocked with their own fly-ins and drop ins - how does Supreme compare to the regular MadLax team?
The Supreme team at the PLC tournament was as good as Madlax will be able to put on the field because it was literally the only tournament happening that weekend. They had kids from Exress North and West Coast Starz, as well as the FOGO from NL.

The regular Madlax Capital team is a joke of a team at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

The post that brought up the 6-3 DCE/MadLax game acknowledged that it was close up to the end, and used that game as proof that Madlax is on equal footing with DCE and NL. I would have expected ML to be happy with that assessment. Are you saying that you think Madlax is better than DCE??
DCE’s top scorer was knocked out of the game about 5 minutes in and didn’t play the rest of the game.

Madlax will duck DCE as much as they can, but if they happen to meet up this fall, DCE will beat them by 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

The coaching at NL must be dismal. According to this site, they’ve taken all of ML’s best players, yet they haven’t beaten a top 25 team in 2 years. Literally. But they’ve got some sweet Instagram reels…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL would get smashed by DCE rught now. I'm not sure why they aren't playing well because they have a lot of good players. Maybe it's coaching, maybe they just aren't gelling or both I know there are a lot of parent to parent and kid to kid rivalries on that team, and that can't be helpful. I'm sure they will tune it up during their HS yrs but the NL dads need to cool it until they start winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your excuse now?

The coaching at NL must be dismal. According to this site, they’ve taken all of ML’s best players, yet they haven’t beaten a top 25 team in 2 years. Literally. But they’ve got some sweet Instagram reels…

Other than a very small number of playmakers, the players at this age group are pretty interchangeable. They are all athletic, work hard, and can throw and catch. So player movement does not mean as much as you would think. On any given day they can beat each other. DCE won the Madlax game because of a couple of big plays at key times, but the overall level of the players on both teams is not that different. Same with NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't NL just beat the Crabs (ranked #7 at the time) to play in the HOCO finals? I'd say coaching is one of their greatest strengths -- big emphasis on player development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't NL just beat the Crabs (ranked #7 at the time) to play in the HOCO finals? I'd say coaching is one of their greatest strengths -- big emphasis on player development.

Next level was 1 ad 16 against top 30 teams this year going back to fall. One and SIXTEEN. Not against top 10 team, that’s against top 30 teams in the US Clib Lacrosse rankings. Congrats on your one fluke 6-5 win against the crabs, who lost several @ChillLaxin games this year. Also a poorly coached team.

One and Sixteen. Seriously??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next level was 1 ad 16 against top 30 teams this year going back to fall. One and SIXTEEN. Not against top 10 team, that’s against top 30 teams in the US Clib Lacrosse rankings. Congrats on your one fluke 6-5 win against the crabs, who lost several @ChillLaxin games this year. Also a poorly coached team.

I gotta admit, 1-16 is pretty horrific. But what is the narrative - are you saying that the team isn't any good and their ranking belongs in the 30's or 40's, or are you saying that they choke against good teams?

I will say one thing for NextLevel, at least they have played a lot of top 30 teams in the last 10 months. They didn't play that many in HoCo, so they must go to great fall and summer tournaments.

you seem like a data guy, so tell me this - were the 16 losses close, or were they getting blown out?

and by the way, what is your angle - why do you know such detail on a team that presumably your son does not play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have the other two teams in town (DCE and ML) done against top 30 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No travel team does much "player development" at this age. Development comes by the players on their own through private coaching, mental coaching, speed training, hitting the wall, hitting the weight room, hitting the track, diet and nutrition, watching game film, etc. Families (usually Moms) who are happy on a particular team (translation: ample playing time) sometimes will say that there is "emphasis on player development," and conversely families who are unhappy (Translation: insufficient playing time) will say that there is no. But NL does no more or no less than other teams, which is not very much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I gotta admit, 1-16 is pretty horrific. But what is the narrative - are you saying that the team isn't any good and their ranking belongs in the 30's or 40's, or are you saying that they choke against good teams?

I will say one thing for NextLevel, at least they have played a lot of top 30 teams in the last 10 months. They didn't play that many in HoCo, so they must go to great fall and summer tournaments.

you seem like a data guy, so tell me this - were the 16 losses close, or were they getting blown out?

and by the way, what is your angle - why do you know such detail on a team that presumably your son does not play for?

Their ranking is in the 30s and 40s - it's 34.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Data Guy took 3 minutes to look at the US Club Lacrosse rankings to see how many games NL won against top 30 teams. His angle was, despite taking the “best players” from Madlax, they must have terrible coaching because they’re not an Elite team. That’s all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet NL beat every HOCO team this year but Hawks. Guess there are a lot of non-elite teams in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO is yesterdays news, bud. Get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet NL beat every HOCO team this year but Hawks. Guess there are a lot of non-elite teams in the area.

They didn’t beat FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 and 16

And yes, they got blown out this summer a bunch of times

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO.....HOCO....HOCO.

Like Reply Quote