Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 276 of 284 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 283 284
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a DCE parent, but know them well. They are a very deep team. They have a lot of boys and there isn't a lot of playing time. Even solid players who would be desired on most teams spend a lot of time on the bench. I suspect there will be some movement, but a parent I have known for a long time told me most of the boys and parents seem happy. Fwiw.

"Very deep" seems like a nice way of saying the roster is too big even before new tryouts, but there's no obvious place for them to go if they're married to the idea of being on an "elite" team. It's unlikely that a deep bench player would fare much better on Next Level (let alone Hawks, Crabs or FCA, and there's less geographic overlap with those), and even if you were willing to put up with the shenanigans Madlax seems to be in a death spiral.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC express is the new upstart DMV team. Great summer for those guys, beating some solid teams and only losses are to top tier teams. They destroyed Philly Freedom and 3D Georgia today, two very good teams. As a fellow HoCo competitor, love to see one of our DMV teams stepping it up. I wonder what’s happening over there, they were pretty poor during HoCo, congrats to them

Families who jumped ship to Madlax after HOCO have to be kicking themselves.
There was only one, and it’s his third tenure at Madlax. Some kind of love affair or something… he’s probably ecstatic going 1-4 every weekend at Madlax

There were 2 that left the orange team that went to Madlax.

That same orange team then won 2 championships this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gonna be any movement with Hawks, FCA and Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC express is the new upstart DMV team. Great summer for those guys, beating some solid teams and only losses are to top tier teams. They destroyed Philly Freedom and 3D Georgia today, two very good teams. As a fellow HoCo competitor, love to see one of our DMV teams stepping it up. I wonder what’s happening over there, they were pretty poor during HoCo, congrats to them

Families who jumped ship to Madlax after HOCO have to be kicking themselves.
There was only one, and it’s his third tenure at Madlax. Some kind of love affair or something… he’s probably ecstatic going 1-4 every weekend at Madlax

There were 2 that left the orange team that went to Madlax.

That same orange team then won 2 championships this summer.

Careful man, you're right on the verge of suggesting that loyalty and perseverance are life lessons we should be trying to teach kids through sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Alliance tournament was great. Best tournament we’ve competed in — well organized, good fields, and just a great atmosphere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Alliance tournament was great. Best tournament we’ve competed in — well organized, good fields, and just a great atmosphere.

Thanks, Alliance dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a DCE parent, but know them well. They are a very deep team. They have a lot of boys and there isn't a lot of playing time. Even solid players who would be desired on most teams spend a lot of time on the bench. I suspect there will be some movement, but a parent I have known for a long time told me most of the boys and parents seem happy. Fwiw.

"Very deep" seems like a nice way of saying the roster is too big even before new tryouts, but there's no obvious place for them to go if they're married to the idea of being on an "elite" team. It's unlikely that a deep bench player would fare much better on Next Level (let alone Hawks, Crabs or FCA, and there's less geographic overlap with those), and even if you were willing to put up with the shenanigans Madlax seems to be in a death spiral.

I do know this… it will take an exceptional player to make it via tryouts. The team is very deep, and yes— 26 kids rostered. So that’s a bit bloated. And yet, there are a lot of Madlax and NL kids inquiring about tryouts. Let’s see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks, Alliance dad.

By far the best best fields. Period. All of them are very tight grass (Bermuda) and built for soccer— so they’re firm (despite the downpour on Fri and Sat nights) and about 30 degrees cooler than turf, which was nice considering the 95 temps. Without question, the best facility I’ve seen in 6-7 years of chasing this thing around the East coast.

Now, the parking/exiting situation? Total cluster. Needed to have traffic guards or something, took 30 min to go 50 feet Friday afternoon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird burn. Yes, my son played in the Alliance tournament. Thought that was evident when I said it was a great tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird burn. Yes, my son played in the Alliance tournament. Thought that was evident when I said it was a great tournament.

Think it was a joke because anyone who says anything positive on here is immediately accused of being an [whatever the thing was] dad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think it was a joke because anyone who says anything positive on here is immediately accused of being an [whatever the thing was] dad.

Two different convo's going on, one is a burn , other not with just a little sizzle, please keep up next time, ( sorta burn )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People here may not like it, but the Nike National results are another data point that suggests that other parts of the country have caught up to or surpassed MD/DC in terms of lacrosse talent.
Let's not get too far over your skis. I love that midwest is doing well and Resolute team is super strong. It is all good for the sport. But a singular team from a region or state does not make midwest lacrosse better than MD/DMV/NY/NJ/CT/MA/etc- each of whom offer three to four elite teams.

But do keep it rolling in the west of the Appalachians.
I wasn’t there, but I did see the picture of the 2028 Midwest team and can confirm that those kids are 2-3 years older than the kids on my son’s 2028 team! Looked like a high school team. Within the rules of course, no age limits at 2028. But don’t tell me Ohio just found a bunch of kids who can suddenly compete with teams out east, they’ve never been even REMOTELY competitive at 2028.

Looks like all the east coast kids will need to move to Crew or pickleball. Holdbacks kept you in the game but looks like the age rules are going to take away lacrosse supremacy now. My heart is bleeding for you....although the east coast @ChillLaxin at football usually too
If the City of Baltimore wanted to build an all star team, they’d beat any team that the 15+ states of the “Midwest” could comprise… but there are 4-5 Baltimore teams and Annapolis that dilute it. Same goes for Long Island/Philly/NJ/Boston teams. These clubs pull from a 10 mile radius. Like WCS, Midwest killing from 500 mile radius.

This “National All Star” event is contrived, run by local program directors who use it to “lure” kids towards their program, usually to no avail. There’s a reason why there are maybe 10 D1 lacrosse players from the Midwest (being generous) who have an impact each year. Is what it is.

Look at Notre Dame roster. roster is littered with guys from midwest, CA, Tx, FL. There is nothing special in the water here in Maryland or NY. Good coaching can be found anywhere now so good players are everywhere

I just looked and the Kavanaugh's. Liam Entenmen, and a heckuva lot of others are from Long Island. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If DCE gets the NextLevel and MadLax players who are rumored to be trying out, and if they did some "addition by subtraction" and trimmed the Black roster down to 22, which would require moving some incumbents down to Orange, they could be a top 10 team nationally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Red Hots a good program? They’re coming to MD. Should they be a program to consider?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Red Hots a good program? They’re coming to MD. Should they be a program to consider?

I don’t think so. Their model is national all star teams, where they register a huge stable of players and then bring a roster of whomever is available to each event. All their players are already on regular travel teams. If they have a regional team, it seems like they would be competing with their own national team for players. If the Maryland team is supposed to be a regular primary travel team, they don’t have a track record of such teams. Good players on teams like Crabs, Hawks, DCE, FCA would have no reason to leave and join a start up. So at best they will have B level players, and there are a lot of lower tier teams competing for those players too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and FCA losing some players to other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical money making lacrosse model of sign up lower level players who cant make better clubs. Fill parents heads with, other clubs dont know how to see and train their talented son. Then hope more disgruntled players who dont start or have issue with other clubs come their way.

They will have True and others to compete against.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think so. Their model is national all star teams, where they register a huge stable of players and then bring a roster of whomever is available to each event. All their players are already on regular travel teams. If they have a regional team, it seems like they would be competing with their own national team for players. If the Maryland team is supposed to be a regular primary travel team, they don’t have a track record of such teams. Good players on teams like Crabs, Hawks, DCE, FCA would have no reason to leave and join a start up. So at best they will have B level players, and there are a lot of lower tier teams competing for those players too.

We have a positive history with the RH program but aren't considering it this year for the following reasons
1 - we haven't heard a discernable vision or goal for the team, even from the program director. "why does this team exist."
2 - i know who showed up for the initial tryouts and in HoCo brackets I would call it a mix of A and lower AA talent. My son is a mid level AAA player.
3 - what's realistically going to happen is that RH is going to allow their national players to show up for RH Maryland tournaments, which will make the program look better in the rankings, but actually won't improve the skills or exposure/playing time of any of the non-national-team kids. If you ask yourself, hasn't Crabs done this for years and years? Allegedly yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red hots model has been collect whatever talent is available and play to win at all costs. They don’t practice or have any coaching consistency. And from what I understand, it’s mostly dad’s coaching their own kids and those kids get priority aka daddy ball. One tournament a player might start, the next tournament they pick up a student and prior starter sits the bench. They also have no recruiting track record. If your son plays for a top 100 team with good coaching, I would not suggest making a move to red hots. Many of the guys they regularly advertise on their national team will be playing for their regular club moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE summer team was propped up by ringers from Malvern Prep who have no intention of playing for DCE going forward. Come fall they'll return to 6th best team in DMV area. Then in summer they'll try to bring in more talented ringers who can take PT from local kids, but will have to find new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE summer team was propped up by ringers from Malvern Prep who have no intention of playing for DCE going forward. Come fall they'll return to 6th best team in DMV area. Then in summer they'll try to bring in more talented ringers who can take PT from local kids, but will have to find new players.

What clubs were the ringers normally with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots moving their national teams and training camps to Maryland. All of their coaches will probably be coming out of Maryland now. Not sure if that is what you mean by daddy ball? The Red Hots 28 national team is very legit as are their younger national teams. It will be interesting to see if their player pool begins to shrink with a new permanent location. Guessing this will allow RH to become more selective and a harder team to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% false. where do people come up with this stuff. I wonder which program is so threatened by DCE that they would say that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots moving their national teams and training camps to Maryland. All of their coaches will probably be coming out of Maryland now. Not sure if that is what you mean by daddy ball? The Red Hots 28 national team is very legit as are their younger national teams. It will be interesting to see if their player pool begins to shrink with a new permanent location. Guessing this will allow RH to become more selective and a harder team to make.

Eh maybe. The owner is a ride-or-d*e PA guy. And the RH PA program, at other grad classes, has been "successful enough."

There was a super underground push to get all the RH National 2028s, or as many as possible, to transfer to McDonogh this fall (boarding or local) to pop into the vacuum that will be left behind the Millon 2025 team. That effort failed, and nobody from RH National 2028s who isn't already in MD, is coming to MD or McDonogh. So while the best laid plans might have been for this Red Hots Death Star to move over into NW Baltimore County, I'm not so sure.

Honestly if RH wants a MD team they should contact the 2028 Ville/MSJ kids (A/AA), who lost their rec club (Ville), and the 2? 3? clubs they intended to move the kids to (Rough Riders, MDX/Rebels). Those kids can sort of play, and deserve a place to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as far as I know, there are only three 2028 programs in the DMV area that consider themselves competitive on a national level. (DCE, NextLevel, MadLax).

when you say that DCE would fall to "sixth best" were you just being silly, or are there other DMV program(s) that consider themselves competitive in the 2028 class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"ringers from Malvern Prep." You mean 1 kid, as in singular, who came for one tournament. Get your facts straight, Cab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as far as I know, there are only three 2028 programs in the DMV area that consider themselves competitive on a national level. (DCE, NextLevel, MadLax).

when you say that DCE would fall to "sixth best" were you just being silly, or are there other DMV program(s) that consider themselves competitive in the 2028 class?

Obviously they are not from the "DMV" to make a statement like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a reference to DCE going 2-5 in HoCo and finishing 6th place behind Madlax. Did they use same kids in summer as they did in spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a reference to DCE going 2-5 in HoCo and finishing 6th place behind Madlax. Did they use same kids in summer as they did in spring?

perhaps, but most people don't consider HoCo teams like Crabs, Hawks, and FCA part of the DMV. but DCE they added new players at key positions and are generally playing better, so the team is improved over the 2-5 HoCo showing. My guess is that they would beat MadLax badly and would be even with NextLevel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

perhaps, but most people don't consider HoCo teams like Crabs, Hawks, and FCA part of the DMV. but DCE they added new players at key positions and are generally playing better, so the team is improved over the 2-5 HoCo showing. My guess is that they would beat MadLax badly and would be even with NextLevel.

My kid is on a Baltimore area team, and he’s buddies with lots of the DMV kids (can thank Instagram for that I suppose). He said they finally got a FOGO from 91 MD, and they picked up a student attackman. Looking at US Club Lax rankings, it appears they’ve beaten some really solid teams (Freedom Red, 3D Georgia, ADVNC NDP, Dukes Elite, Thunder Blue 2x, True Illinois). Some tight losses to Leading Edge, Kings, Express North. On paper, they’re clearly the best DMV team, also supported by the rankings. And as the previous poster noted, they would smash Madlax at this point. I’m not sure Madlax has beaten a top 100 team this summer. They’re not even relevant anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shady program. One of their key people who organizes all their tournaments and camps has may have a very questionable background. I was sent this link. Is this true?

https://www.observer-reporter.com/n...n-arrested-in-mon-valley-marijuana-case/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss it? Why is no one talking about the @ChillLaxin fields at NLF?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE parents are weirdly obsessed with telling everyone “we are a really good team.”

It’s bizzare.

It’s been nonstop since the team was formed. Just play the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF fields are always terrible. Nothing new here. Stick to NXT events ...so much better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE parents are weirdly obsessed with telling everyone “we are a really good team.”

It’s bizzare.

It’s been nonstop since the team was formed. Just play the games.
They are a very good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this for real? This is one of the key Red Hots directors and people send their kids to this guy and their teams? I would never send my kid to a program where people have this type of background.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 38 fields.
2 were garbage. 12 and 13.

The rest were good to excellent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE definitely added some missing pieces. They picked up a great FOGO and also probably the best goalie in the area. Goalie just won Pinnacle for them with a coast 2 coast goal. DCE will be extremely tough to beat (good bunch of kids and parents too).

Like Reply Quote
Page 276 of 284 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 283 284
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard