Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,723
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 275 of 285 1 2 273 274 275 276 277 284 285
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's something odd: Supreme Nationals shows up on the US Club Lacrosse rankings when you sort alphabetically, but doesn't appear in the rankings (where it otherwise would fall 7 or 8 spots behind ML Capital).

I’m going to put 0 effort into proving this but there is a minimum number of games teams need to be ranked.

On a different note I would never admit my kid plays for “Cabell’s burritos”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the try-out scene last night? I think 91 had their first try-out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the try-out scene last night? I think 91 had their first try-out.
Probably not as talented as the Red-Hots try-outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People here may not like it, but the Nike National results are another data point that suggests that other parts of the country have caught up to or surpassed MD/DC in terms of lacrosse talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People here may not like it, but the Nike National results are another data point that suggests that other parts of the country have caught up to or surpassed MD/DC in terms of lacrosse talent.

Thanks Midwest dad. You’re right, they must start kindergarten at age 8 out there. We watched your kids bounce from Midwest team to Midwest team. How’d the older teams do?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although that is partially true, the real reason was the try-out evaluation, which was a joke. The roster consisted mostly of Crabs (bigger kids) and FCA Blue kids (Coaches son and buddies), 2 91 and 2 Hawks. Instead of taking all "big" kids maybe they should of taken athletic, skilled players. Bad job with the evaluation = not winning the tournament. There's a reason why 2Way, Leading Edge and Hawks are on top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not get too far over your skis. I love that midwest is doing well and Resolute team is super strong. It is all good for the sport. But a singular team from a region or state does not make midwest lacrosse better than MD/DMV/NY/NJ/CT/MA/etc- each of whom offer three to four elite teams.

But do keep it rolling in the west of the Appalachians.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not get too far over your skis. I love that midwest is doing well and Resolute team is super strong. It is all good for the sport. But a singular team from a region or state does not make midwest lacrosse better than MD/DMV/NY/NJ/CT/MA/etc- each of whom offer three to four elite teams.

I wasn’t there, but I did see the picture of the 2028 Midwest team and can confirm that those kids are 2-3 years older than the kids on my son’s 2028 team! Looked like a high school team. Within the rules of course, no age limits at 2028. But don’t tell me Ohio just found a bunch of kids who can suddenly compete with teams out east, they’ve never been even REMOTELY competitive at 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DMV team couldn't get enough elite kids for tryouts. Had to beg kids to attend. Roster was pretty much all current/former Madlax players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You weren't there but you can confirm? lol. The majority of the Midwest team are Resolute Ohio kids who have all been age verified and have played at a high level for years. They were at Crabfeast, Naptown and will be at NLF. It's funny how the first thought is Re-classes. In Ohio we play our kids up not down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You weren't there but you can confirm? lol. The majority of the Midwest team are Resolute Ohio kids who have all been age verified and have played at a high level for years. They were at Crabfeast, Naptown and will be at NLF. It's funny how the first thought is Re-classes. In Ohio we play our kids up not down.
This kids are not on age. We’ve played Resolute the last few years, they were below average in size and ability. Then all of a sudden they’re all grown men, 6-0, 180 lbs. don’t tell me it’s the corn fed thing, they’re reclassed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, sorry to tell you they are on age and have been age verified so not sure what else to tell you. Maybe you played the Resolute Red team or the Columbus team or maybe the Toledo team? The Black team has always had big strong athletic kids who can play lacrosse. Just don't go "Confirming" something you are completely making up and are wrong about. Thanks and good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This kids are not on age. We’ve played Resolute the last few years, they were below average in size and ability. Then all of a sudden they’re all grown men, 6-0, 180 lbs. don’t tell me it’s the corn fed thing, they’re reclassed
It’s 8th grade dude. Most kids grow like dang weeds! It’s not corn, it’s called puberty. Pay attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with the try-out scene? Any movement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mid-West Dad, now can you confirm that the entire team has suddenly grown 6-7 inches in last year ? Its possible, just wanting to know, due to that is what it looks like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s 8th grade dude. Most kids grow like dang weeds! It’s not corn, it’s called puberty. Pay attention.

Its also 8th grade dude, Most kids serious about playing lacrosse at a D1 level , know in the modern age , if you on age and especially younger side, time to reclass/holdback to keep up with all the East Coast, West Coast, South players that are doing it now or already have.

Nothing wrong with reclassing today. Very common in elite lacrosse players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing for lacrosse isn’t a thing in CA, CO or OH like it is in FL and the Northeast. While some of the Resolute players may be summer birthdays, they aren’t true “reclasses” born in 2009 like we will see next year for teams like Laxachusetts, Crabs, Sweetlax, BBL, Primetime, 91, Express, etc. This 7th-8th grade year is the biggest size difference between pre and post pubescent teens of the same age. So don’t assume that big means old - yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wasn’t there, but I did see the picture of the 2028 Midwest team and can confirm that those kids are 2-3 years older than the kids on my son’s 2028 team! Looked like a high school team. Within the rules of course, no age limits at 2028. But don’t tell me Ohio just found a bunch of kids who can suddenly compete with teams out east, they’ve never been even REMOTELY competitive at 2028.

Looks like all the east coast kids will need to move to Crew or pickleball. Holdbacks kept you in the game but looks like the age rules are going to take away lacrosse supremacy now. My heart is bleeding for you....although the east coast @ChillLaxin at football usually too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like all the east coast kids will need to move to Crew or pickleball. Holdbacks kept you in the game but looks like the age rules are going to take away lacrosse supremacy now. My heart is bleeding for you....although the east coast @ChillLaxin at football usually too
If the City of Baltimore wanted to build an all star team, they’d beat any team that the 15+ states of the “Midwest” could comprise… but there are 4-5 Baltimore teams and Annapolis that dilute it. Same goes for Long Island/Philly/NJ/Boston teams. These clubs pull from a 10 mile radius. Like WCS, Midwest killing from 500 mile radius.

This “National All Star” event is contrived, run by local program directors who use it to “lure” kids towards their program, usually to no avail. There’s a reason why there are maybe 10 D1 lacrosse players from the Midwest (being generous) who have an impact each year. Is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only high school lacrosse team in the Midwest that is relevant— Culver— can claim 14 kids on their roster of 39 who are from the … Midwest. There are 5-6 MIAA teams in the immediate Baltimore area who can handle Cilver on any given day. And 99% of those kids are local. Midwest is light years behind east coast, northeast, Mid Atlantic— as well as CA and Texas for that matter E

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA is the best conference in country and every knows it. It is what it is, Take the best players from the conference and make one team,,,forget about it !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like VLC and Black Wolf are both trying to start 2028 teams - are there really a bunch of VA guys looking for teams? I don't know where they expect to find 45-ish players, especially with ML also still out trying to recruit more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like VLC and Black Wolf are both trying to start 2028 teams - are there really a bunch of VA guys looking for teams? I don't know where they expect to find 45-ish players, especially with ML also still out trying to recruit more.

If neither of those teams has dad coaches, they might find some discerning takers. If they do, then non-starters at other clubs should just choose based on quality of HS coaching they currently expect to get (if high, pick teams based on tourneys, if meh, pick teams based on learning opportunity), commute and price. Reductive matrix, but covers most of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many out of state kids show up for Crabs try-outs and over/under of kids that get cut on current team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only high school lacrosse team in the Midwest that is relevant— Culver— can claim 14 kids on their roster of 39 who are from the … Midwest. There are 5-6 MIAA teams in the immediate Baltimore area who can handle Cilver on any given day. And 99% of those kids are local. Midwest is light years behind east coast, northeast, Mid Atlantic— as well as CA and Texas for that matter E

Totally agree. BL handled Culver last year. What was that score again? 13-5 Culver. The only kid who kept BL in the game in the first half is from….wait for it…wait for it…Illinois.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the City of Baltimore wanted to build an all star team, they’d beat any team that the 15+ states of the “Midwest” could comprise… but there are 4-5 Baltimore teams and Annapolis that dilute it. Same goes for Long Island/Philly/NJ/Boston teams. These clubs pull from a 10 mile radius. Like WCS, Midwest killing from 500 mile radius.

This “National All Star” event is contrived, run by local program directors who use it to “lure” kids towards their program, usually to no avail. There’s a reason why there are maybe 10 D1 lacrosse players from the Midwest (being generous) who have an impact each year. Is what it is.

Look at Notre Dame roster. roster is littered with guys from midwest, CA, Tx, FL. There is nothing special in the water here in Maryland or NY. Good coaching can be found anywhere now so good players are everywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at Notre Dame roster. roster is littered with guys from midwest, CA, Tx, FL. There is nothing special in the water here in Maryland or NY. Good coaching can be found anywhere now so good players are everywhere

Hahaaa, keep telling yourself that. Very few Midwest kids sniff the field at those high D1 schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. BL handled Culver last year. What was that score again? 13-5 Culver. The only kid who kept BL in the game in the first half is from….wait for it…wait for it…Illinois.

Don’t forget the attackman from California. The two best players on Boys Latin are from Illinois and California. So much for Baltimore talent smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC express is the new upstart DMV team. Great summer for those guys, beating some solid teams and only losses are to top tier teams. They destroyed Philly Freedom and 3D Georgia today, two very good teams. As a fellow HoCo competitor, love to see one of our DMV teams stepping it up. I wonder what’s happening over there, they were pretty poor during HoCo, congrats to them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC express is the new upstart DMV team. Great summer for those guys, beating some solid teams and only losses are to top tier teams. They destroyed Philly Freedom and 3D Georgia today, two very good teams. As a fellow HoCo competitor, love to see one of our DMV teams stepping it up. I wonder what’s happening over there, they were pretty poor during HoCo, congrats to them

Must have found some 17 year olds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, sorry to tell you they are on age and have been age verified so not sure what else to tell you. Maybe you played the Resolute Red team or the Columbus team or maybe the Toledo team? The Black team has always had big strong athletic kids who can play lacrosse. Just don't go "Confirming" something you are completely making up and are wrong about. Thanks and good luck!

How old is on age to you? Like give me the years old they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NY must puberty smaller lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its also 8th grade dude, Most kids serious about playing lacrosse at a D1 level , know in the modern age , if you on age and especially younger side, time to reclass/holdback to keep up with all the East Coast, West Coast, South players that are doing it now or already have.

Nothing wrong with reclassing today. Very common in elite lacrosse players

It’s ruining the sport but you are correct everyone is doing it. Then brag on how great they are knowing they dominate kids 2 years younger. Woohoo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must have found some 17 year olds

No, that was actually your mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The midwest team was not all on age lol. Not that it matters cause none of the teams are.

But don’t lie about it.

Midwest was up 5-0 at halftime due to Maryland stinking it up something terrible. After righting things, The score was 7-6 Maryland with 30 seconds left. Some tough breaks later Midwest won in OT.

The NJ team that Maryland beat twice was FAR more talented than Midwest.

Midwest deserved to win and was the better team for the duration of the entire game. Kudos and see you guys next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It won't last long...the new players they picked up are "ME" players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Families who jumped ship to Madlax after HOCO have to be kicking themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Families who jumped ship to Madlax after HOCO have to be kicking themselves.
There was only one, and it’s his third tenure at Madlax. Some kind of love affair or something… he’s probably ecstatic going 1-4 every weekend at Madlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It won't last long...the new players they picked up are "ME" players.

They’re in the Championship bracket at Next Level’s tournament this weekend in MD. Meanwhile, NL getting boat races by 10+, playing in the third consolation bracket. That’s gotta sting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a DCE parent, but know them well. They are a very deep team. They have a lot of boys and there isn't a lot of playing time. Even solid players who would be desired on most teams spend a lot of time on the bench. I suspect there will be some movement, but a parent I have known for a long time told me most of the boys and parents seem happy. Fwiw.

Like Reply Quote
Page 275 of 285 1 2 273 274 275 276 277 284 285
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard