Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,719
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please tell me it straight. So lacrosse still as of now "kinda" goes by grade. New York schools age cut off for grades is december. So for total example kid born 11/25/2015 who kept in new york normal schooling is in 3rd grade this year just finished moving to 4th grade a 2033. Kids from other states im hearing alot of other states florida texas maryland etc is there cut off july? or sept? So kids 6 months older then New York for example kid born 7/25/2015 in those states would be in a lower grade bascially 2nd grade and moving to 3rd grade and play 2032? Is this the advantage people are saying currently other states have over New York? I heard they are trying to move to age based and not grade based but i heard there giving a 6 month buffer. Wouldn't this then keep the same advantage? Why won't lacrosse join every other sport and just make a hard 1 year age bracket?

They came out w a great and simple system. For youth, all entirely age based w a cut off based on grade as of Sept 1 (when schools have generally started across the US) and only exceptions are summer-born youth between June 1 and Sept 1 who are based on the grades their parents decided to enroll them in. It doesn't apply to HS when it is based on grade, but generally a free for all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to love express bringing down the Garden city kids to play in the tournament. GC tournament season done and they just hop in the team in July.

So much for developing kids , who have been on the trdd as since September let’s just bring in better kids end of season to win games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
biggest surprise for me was the 91 Lions… beating predators and lax yellow. The express new kids - hard to get a team to be cohesive if you feel like you can be replaced at any tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express bringing kids from GC and not playing paying kids is a tough look. Not quite sure why anyone would also allow their kids to be subjected to the defensive coach. He is aggressively loud and obnoxious. Just yelling not coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds and lax yellow are b teams
Most 91 b teams do very well in AA

Those aren’t big wins

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adding kids to the team that has been together since September is fool

Why bother having tryouts ????

Just means 1 thing all they care about is winning
Also means they don’t care about developing kids
Very sad look for a top organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. There is better organizations out there. They have been pulling kids (legacy mavericks, rebels east b team kids, and others) to play with them the last few tournaments to even have enough for a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only thing Worse then express bringing in the GC kids now is the fact they lost to Predators!!!

Total Joke adding kids to a tournament in July, rest of the team should have left and left them be stuck with 10 kids

How do you stay and watch these kids play knowing they just came down ….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 empire not good better teams out there

I agree. There is better organizations out there. They have been pulling kids (legacy mavericks, rebels east b team kids, and others) to play with them the last few tournaments to even have enough for a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Black Ice or Admirals in the NLF?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is normal for travel lacrosse, gets worse as they get older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF only includes Express and 91 from LI. Every now and again they include a one off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does GC rank go up with the 2 goal loss to Preds or does Express ranking drop ??

Asking for a friend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express adding those kids will definitely make tryouts interesting!

Who would want to go there knowing they will add kids at anytime

Shame on the parents for staying with them after that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much is tuition or cost to be on the top clubs ? and is cost the same for the mid tear clubs ? Thanks in advance..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express adding those kids will definitely make tryouts interesting!

Who would want to go there knowing they will add kids at anytime

Shame on the parents for staying with them after that

I love how people say shame on parents bc of that.. please! Admirals sideline is as toxic as it gets. The moms are worse than the dads! They turn on their best kids the minute they make a mistake with their nasty comments in addition to all the other yelling they do. The cyclones game was called early bc the coaches were screaming at the ref so much they were done with them. Ref said after 2 games with Coach M he was done! Igloo is a coaching mess- enough said. 91Lions coach is never around during most of the year. Rebels and S2S are hardly ready to even compete. That pretty much sums up the issues around the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ref ended the game because a team 91 coach was yelling at him ? That doesnt sound accurate..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 coaches are fool non stop yelling

rebels is biggest cheating team pulling new kids each week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express pulling the same shenanigans this weekend? Field littered with gray helmets? Season pass holders must wanna renew?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulling new kids is an attempt to make the team better for next year. Parents must make a decision, is it still a good fit. If the answer is no, go find a new team.
And yes, 91 coach does yell at the ref for the entire game and it is very annoying. Even 91 parents make comments about his behavior toward the officials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems that a lot of organizations are pulling kids from other teams to play with them in tournaments. I guess they’ll do anything to try to win a tee shirt.

Rebels Blaze had Rebels Aces playing. 91 Empire had Rebels East B team kids, 91 Lions, Legacy Mavericks, and a Turtle kid playing with them.

IMO it’s not a good look for the organizations that are pulling kids from other organizations, and not a good look for the other organizations letting there kids play for different teams. But that’s youth sports I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to give a shout out to the Classy Rebels Arrows and Rebles organization. Pre- requisite to join is you must be you have to be trashy. The whole organization should be ashamed of them selves. Parents specifically one saying LaxAholic these kids as they are cheering there siblings on. Lastly threatening to break another parents jaw. Not the first run in with that orginization and garbage will stay with garbage. Good luck in the future. Great example for the kids. garbage……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems that a lot of organizations are pulling kids from other teams to play with them in tournaments. I guess they’ll do anything to try to win a tee shirt.

Rebels Blaze had Rebels Aces playing. 91 Empire had Rebels East B team kids, 91 Lions, Legacy Mavericks, and a Turtle kid playing with them.

IMO it’s not a good look for the organizations that are pulling kids from other organizations, and not a good look for the other organizations letting there kids play for different teams. But that’s youth sports I guess.

Look, the tournaments after July 4 are when the regular clubs are done and those are really the Frankenstein tournaments, a mixed bag of all star teams, national teams and trams w recruits of those not on some national team. Nothing wrong w that. But don't use whatever your team does to say your local club is the best and don't diminish any local clubs that do decide to keep playing in that environment, likely missing kids on vacation, kids who don't travel to their 10th tournament, and kids recruited to other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 teams going into the WS year,
1-91
2-Legacy
3-Express
4-Igloo
5-GC Rams
6-91B
7-Rebels
8-Shore
9-Rebels East
10-True Blue

Should be tough competition, the New England teams are stronger at this age and will be tough to deal with to get through the North. t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is supreme elite?!? They beat everyone in Summer BO by a lot. They won in championship 9-1 vs a 4-0 East coast Team. This team seems like they should be playing AA teams when I watched. anyone have any information on them?!? No website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever hear of supreme elite? Heard they just went 5-0 and beat every team comfortably

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supreme Elite - let's get kids from admirals, Rebels aces, 91 lions etc and run through B tourney field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No GC Rams next year - they will be on other teams - Jesters shoudl be there around the Rebels East level -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is supreme elite?!? They beat everyone in Summer BO by a lot. They won in championship 9-1 vs a 4-0 East coast Team. This team seems like they should be playing AA teams when I watched. anyone have any information on them?!? No website

They have an instagram page. It’s a made up team of all Legacy Admirals, Rebels East Warriors, 91, etc. it’s basically an all star team playing in brackets they shouldn’t be in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supreme Elite is a private organization that puts the kids first and works on developing them both on and off the field. We look to compete at the highest level and know there is a lot of work that needs to be done. If interested in a private evaluation please email us at elitesupremelax@gmail.com. This is a new era in travel lacrosse and Supreme Elite is at the forefront.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were the GC kids going? Jesters a town based team too, those kids going anywhere also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why enter a B tourney when you know you have a AA roster - how does it help development - by the way that is every club team's mission statement - yet here we are with the state of club lacrosse where winning and social media bragging is prioritized over everything at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Moms are fool. LOL. So true and so embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters is heavily skewed toward Pequa while they get more established but not a true town team like GC - they do have kids forom other towns. GG Rams generally do not keep a town team past 6th grade. I know the 29s did but I think that is the exception and not the rule. GC kids on Express already form what i see form above and saw a bunch at igloo first look

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters a Massapequa town team mostly, with Massapequa coaches, a few kids from the outside. Makes sense GC players going to Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Sasquatch at the 2030 level, anyone have info? Tryouts in Massapequa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they have tons of contacts and there is one big money man behind them. I’m confused why they are playing in B brackets. Looks like they played a AA team Jesters Black, and went 1-1. Interesting to say the least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is TRUE Sasquatch the same as TRUE Recon? I know TRUE bought both but are they making one team or keeping separate? Sasquatch is the RVC travel town team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supreme Elite played Jesters and lost?!? I heard Supreme elite had big money behind them as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supreme Elite split with them but missing their key players the game they lost. Expect Supreme Elite to climb the LI rankings -
Adding kids this offseason

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard