Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,561
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 98 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 97 98
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lesson to a club trying to establish itself as premiere ..... when multiple parents express the same concerns about too much offense being run through the same few players listen to what they're saying. Don't just ignore them and try to label them as problems. That's how teams lose multiple girls in one tryout week

They lost 3 defenders and an attacker.
Mnd runs offense thru the 2 coaches kids and new girl.
Heros best midfielder is their biggest offense threat.
Sw has a few food dodgers.
Copp has 3 good mids.
So much of this it overblown. There are better kids on every team.
Not saying it’s right or wrong. You just can’t please all parents that want their kid to be the star. Most will find out their daughter wasn’t a big time mid anyway and will have to play another position

Hot take. Coppermine falls out of the Top 10 with all the departures and no additions. Prove me wrong.

How do you know they got no additions? Heard they still got the Aces girl

Problem is they got her father as well.

Maybe they want another parent coach!

He should fit right in with some of them there. Get what they deserve.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lesson to a club trying to establish itself as premiere ..... when multiple parents express the same concerns about too much offense being run through the same few players listen to what they're saying. Don't just ignore them and try to label them as problems. That's how teams lose multiple girls in one tryout week

Copp has 3 good mids.
Not saying it’s right or wrong. You just can’t please all parents that want their kid to be the star. Most will find out their daughter wasn’t a big time mid anyway and will have to play another position

Hot take. Coppermine falls out of the Top 10 with all the departures and no additions. Prove me wrong.

Any updates from the last tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did MDU manage to keep their girls together??

Yep, they just keep grinding away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been very little information about the SW & CM tryout, which suggests it might not have gone as expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The detest on here for Coppermine must be that they are doing something right - that's the only reason people actually come on here and complain...its usually M&D detest.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been very little information about the SW & CM tryout, which suggests it might not have gone as expected.

What I have gathered so far:

Heros added 1 M&D middie- did they lose or cut any girls?

No one has reported seeing any Crush or MDU girls anywhere so it appears no one left- did either team make any additions?

M&D lost at least 5 players and picked up 4 girls from Coppermine. I am sure there will a lot of girls at their tryouts due to being M&D but not sure how many more additions or subtractions they had.

Coppermine lost 4 players to M&D and picked up attacker from Aces. Rumor not too many girls at tryouts.

Completely in the dark on SW can only assume lots of girls trying to make the move there for high school and they are known to have a large roster turnover going into high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about changes but SW had 40 plus new players each day of tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Any updates from coppermine last night?

My daughter had a blast at the tryout even though she already decided to go to another team. We absolutely love and appreciate the Coppermine coaches, the Coppermine parents, and the Coppermine players, so we wanted one more night with them. For the love of the sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any more tryouts or supplemental tryouts coming up for B teams or lower level teams? She’s just looking to have fun and keep the stick in her hand.
I personally don’t want anything to do with you fool higher level parents. The toxicity the parents instill in the kids has ruined my daughter’s team and relationships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one has reported seeing any Crush or MDU girls anywhere so it appears no one left- did either team make any additions?

M&D lost at least 5 players and picked up 4 girls from Coppermine. I am sure there will a lot of girls at their tryouts due to being M&D but not sure how many more additions or subtractions they had.

Coppermine lost 4 players to M&D and picked up attacker from Aces. Rumor not too many girls at tryouts.

Completely in the dark on SW can only assume lots of girls trying to make the move there for high school and they are known to have a large roster turnover going into high school.

Don't forget about 2 M&D players to Coppermine (coaches daughter and her friend). Assume all 3 of those player will play attack for them, though if new coach runs 2 midfield lines maybe not.

In terms of Skywalkers, have heard they added some very athletic girls who show a lot of potential. I have no clue who left or was cut to make room. .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The detest on here for Coppermine must be that they are doing something right - that's the only reason people actually come on here and complain...its usually M&D detest.

"Detest" is a verb; I very respectfully fixed your post for you above as detest is both a noun and a verb. Your use of "detest" as a noun does help identify your posts though. That said, I agree with your point, for the most part. I like that team, but it appears to be less accurate this season in terms of Coppermine doing things right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Well seeing as they just posted on their Instagram that they are holding free supplemental tryouts next week for 2027 Blue, 2028 Black, 2028 Blue and 2031 Blue, I would say their tryouts did not go great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Well seeing as they just posted on their Instagram that they are holding free supplemental tryouts next week for 2027 Blue, 2028 Black, 2028 Blue and 2031 Blue, I would say their tryouts did not go great.

What a sneaky plan for supplemental tryouts. They're calling it tryouts AND SIXES GAMES and encouraging people to register "regardless of tryout/team status." Definitely an attempt to get already committed players there and sell them on their club. They must not have gotten the quality of players that they wanted this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Detest" is a verb; I very respectfully fixed your post for you above as detest is both a noun and a verb. Your use of "detest" as a noun does help identify your posts though. That said, I agree with your point, for the most part. I like that team, but it appears to be less accurate this season in terms of Coppermine doing things right.

LOL. It's the editors... Schoolmarm stands embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol - I have noticed the "detest" as a noun poster on these boards for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D lost the 1 very good middie to Hero's but picked up strong players from Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D lost the 1 very good middie to Hero's but picked up strong players from Coppermine.

Heros did cut a girl to make room for the M&D middie. Hipe they gave her a head’s up and she landed somewhere that is a good fit for her. M&D bring up any from their red team? They had a couple strong players but maybe they were sick of being placed on Red and tried out for SW?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn’t have any really good middies. So I don’t see the lose of

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has always struggled at midfield with the 28s. It’s surprising that they have been as good as they are without strong middies. Not sure where any of their middies fit in at heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol - I have noticed the "detest" as a noun poster on these boards for a long time.

Lol - you have been on these boards for a long time and didn’t realize the word “ h a t e “ gets replaced automatically with “detest”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has always struggled at midfield with the 28s. It’s surprising that they have been as good as they are without strong middies. Not sure where any of their middies fit in at heros.

Hero’s only has one good middie so any new player would quickly fit in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros has a handful of really talented middies. But their top middie prefers to keep the ball to herself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol - you have been on these boards for a long time and didn’t realize the word “ h a t e “ gets replaced automatically with “detest”

Wow, I did not know that. Is "fool" also one of the replacement words? I always assumed the odd usage of "fool" was just part of the regional dialect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros has a handful of really talented middies. But their top middie prefers to keep the ball to herself.

In other words, the ball is running through the coaches kid. But we don’t talk about that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legends 2028 has a goalie opening. Reach out to Sam Hudson.
443_465_8220

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legends 2028 has one spot still open. Reach out to Sam Hudson for supplemental small group workout.
443_465_8220

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any more tryouts or supplemental tryouts coming up for B teams or lower level teams? She’s just looking to have fun and keep the stick in her hand.
I personally don’t want anything to do with you fool higher level parents. The toxicity the parents instill in the kids has ruined my daughter’s team and relationships.

Amen. Nothing is good enough for parents anymore! Kids can’t enjoy a sport. They have to win every game and be in the spotlight or parents take the kids to a new home. Good luck to you all! Your kid will be miserable in a couple more years just like the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speak for yourselves. Sounds like you two need a support group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

I was hesitant to believe this, but reports from Gerstel are that JB from Coppermine was walking around the fields trying to poach players from B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

I was hesitant to believe this, but reports from Gerstel are that JB from Coppermine was walking around the fields trying to poach players from B teams.
They had some good players on their own B team but now they are gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a total lost. Got fired from M&D and now acts like this. He joined the perfect failing club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Has contacted multiple girls not at tryouts and already committed to other teams offering them spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Grass isn’t always greener. No sane player or family will choose to go there now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Grass isn’t always greener. No sane player or family will choose to go there now.

They currently have some holes on black and no where near enough girls for a second team. Guessing this is not what he imagined when he accepted the job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumors circulated on this board are ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

They currently have some holes on black and no where near enough girls for a second team. Guessing this is not what he imagined when he accepted the job.

He doesn't even coach the 28's and he's not a recruiting director, so I don't know what's in it for him. But he tried (and failed) to poach when he took over the Coppermine 26s and now he's at it again with his 30 team, so maybe he's just trying to use his "talents" to help the club. Explains why he's not exactly universally liked.

Regardless, the 28 black team has some excellent players and will be okay even if their bench isn't strong, I don't understand why they have to go to these lengths.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The obsession regarding Coppermine is real…wow…here’s a thought, worry about your daughter and her team-not a team your daughters not on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The obsession regarding Coppermine is real…wow…here’s a thought, worry about your daughter and her team-not a team your daughters not on!

Okay, just as soon as your club stops calling them up, asking them to come to their "supplemental tryout and sixes"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copp has 3 good mids.

Is the B team folding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Coppermine manage to keep there 3 good mids, or have those players decided to look elsewhere?

Like Reply Quote
Page 92 of 98 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 97 98
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard