Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,561
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 98 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 97 98
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap, Coppermine, which has no real history of recruiting success, coming off of an underachieving season due in large part because their offense is ran through its middies and not very complex, made a big coaching change but may or may not have lost key pieces to its team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That seems to be the summary lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, shocker another completely out of line comment. Attacking this man’s personal life when you have no idea what the circumstances may have been!
Congratulations to Coppermine on a smart hire in a co-head coach. This coach is a class act whos SIX kids have all had great success in lax- including a D1 Championship! Perhaps he knows a thing or two about the recruiting process- just sayin’
Best of luck to all those at tryouts this week and beyond.

Did the new coach write this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, shocker another completely out of line comment. Attacking this man’s personal life when you have no idea what the circumstances may have been!
Congratulations to Coppermine on a smart hire in a co-head coach. This coach is a class act whos SIX kids have all had great success in lax- including a D1 Championship! Perhaps he knows a thing or two about the recruiting process- just sayin’

All six kids having "great" success in the same exact activity should be your first clue something is off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With a coach who now has his kid at the 4th club in 4 years and multiple schools… yeah that’s a stable influence. Not sure I would put my faith in that organization if I was trying to get my daughter recruited.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think it’s wildly unfair to M&D, I wouldn’t put them above 5 unless there is a major influx of talent coming in

What talent is going to Skywalkers and MDU to vault them ahead?

Skywalkers usually gets the a couple good DC girls who don't make capital. Will be interesting to see if Crush can keep all of its top players with no recruiting rep to speak of.

From what I hear Crush will be fine and isn’t losing any of their top players and they have a plan in place for recruiting. Skywalkers will get some talent, from where remains to be seen. Also, FCA may pick up some defectors from other top clubs.

I thought word was that one of Crush's top attackers/scorers was heading Coppermine's way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap, Coppermine, which has no real history of recruiting success, coming off of an underachieving season due in large part because their offense is ran through its middies and not very complex, made a big coaching change but may or may not have lost key pieces to its team?

I am guessing they hired him to install a more rounded offense. How that will sit with the middies that were the focus time will tell. M&D parents were hoping he would come to their 2028 team but when no coaching change was made and Coppermine hired him several M&D girls decided to go there. From what I heard there is going to be a ton of attackers still at Coppermine/trying out. Not sure if they are cutting girls or trying to move them to defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With a coach who now has his kid at the 4th club in 4 years and multiple schools… yeah that’s a stable influence. Not sure I would put my faith in that organization if I was trying to get my daughter recruited.

For a team that was already on the ropes of a train weak, the new conductor just led the engine off the tracks down a cliff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine doesn’t have parent head coaches… so co-coach works right?

They do have 2 parent coaches. One new and 1 existing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All six kids having "great" success in the same exact activity should be your first clue something is off.

“D1 Championship!” Who would write this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a team that was already on the ropes of a train weak, the new conductor just led the engine off the tracks down a cliff.

Lots of fool Meanyparents in glass houses throwing stones now! All teams have notIntelligent drama caused by clueless dilusional parents. You should make sure any kid coming to your team doesn’t bump you to the B team !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine doesn’t have parent head coaches… so co-coach works right?

They do have 2 parent coaches. One new and 1 existing

I think they meant since the Coppermine policy is no parent as head coach they had to make him a “co-coach” along with the non parent to keep up appearances. The rest of the people on the sideline are all parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“D1 Championship!” Who would write this?
Al Bundy! After all, don’t let anything distract you from the fact that 55 years ago, Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High Panthers in the city championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am guessing they hired him to install a more rounded offense. How that will sit with the middies that were the focus time will tell. M&D parents were hoping he would come to their 2028 team but when no coaching change was made and Coppermine hired him several M&D girls decided to go there. From what I heard there is going to be a ton of attackers still at Coppermine/trying out. Not sure if they are cutting girls or trying to move them to defense.

So much about this is false. I guess we’re just making stuff up now that it’s tryout time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all false and it’s not hard to figure out who is posting this. Move on please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's no "class act" either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a load of BS. Stop telling lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much about this is false. I guess we’re just making stuff up now that it’s tryout time.

Didn’t M&D have tryouts tonight? Were all the new Coppermine girls there? Were quite a few M&D girls missing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of fool Meanyparents in glass houses throwing stones now! All teams have notIntelligent drama caused by clueless dilusional parents. You should make sure any kid coming to your team doesn’t bump you to the B team !

The same B team that certain HC players belong on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell the story of how the mnd coach lost a middie and defender to crush and a top draw mid who’s mom used to coach went to Heros. All because the ball ran thru the coaches daughters and the mid season pickup. Thems is some facts you are leaving out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell the story of how the mnd coach lost a middie and defender to crush and a top draw mid who’s mom used to coach went to Heros. All because the ball ran thru the coaches daughters and the mid season pickup. Thems is some facts you are leaving out.

Not talking about the M&D coach, but this post surely shows it must be the new Co-Head Coach at Coppermine. You really are proving my point you are not a class act. You have a reputation sir. But I wish the girls at Coppemine a good next four years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t M&D have tryouts tonight? Were all the new Coppermine girls there? Were quite a few M&D girls missing?
No they were not all there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is it then M&D parents? You all just keep posting “that’s false” and “lies” so why did all these girls leave? They can’t all be “terrible parents, glad to see them go”. I do know in the history of M&D there has never been so many (I think we are at 7?) girls willingly leave the year before high school. The M&D team is lucky that Coppermine didn’t do a great job of handling their talent either as some very good replacements are coming but there is no sugarcoating that something is up at M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh now it’s the mid season pick up as well? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I see everyone is out in full force trying to garbage opposing teams just in time for tryouts. This may be the last time anyone on this board even cares now that high school is around the corner. This place is 20% truth and 80% sour grapes and bitterness.

Drown out the noise and find a team where your DD feels she can get playing time and develop, with a club you trust to get you through the recruiting years, and where there are people you like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is it then M&D parents? You all just keep posting “that’s false” and “lies” so why did all these girls leave? They can’t all be “terrible parents, glad to see them go”. I do know in the history of M&D there has never been so many (I think we are at 7?) girls willingly leave the year before high school. The M&D team is lucky that Coppermine didn’t do a great job of handling their talent either as some very good replacements are coming but there is no sugarcoating that something is up at M&D

Actually it’s 5 total who will have left M&D…one with her father who is coaching elsewhere. If people want to know the truth about a team culture and how a team plays, they should ask parents on the team how they and their kids feel. Not people on the internet who have left a team and hope for their demise because they can’t handle the thought of them succeeding in their absence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is going to answer this because there is no global reason, which would mean having to speak about individual cases, which anyone with a modicum of decency won't do. The bottom line is, a lot of change happens this year for a lot of reasons, look around. As for M&D, they have excellent supports for what matters next, getting your kids recruited, and they have best practices in place that emphasize getting all players plenty of playing time and opportunities. You can keep trying to take down their team, but their players are going to be a-okay in the long run and you're angry posting can't change that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with ignoring sour grapes and score settling. Did my homework on team cultures, spoke to parents, and my daughter knows a lot of the players. In short, would be very happy if my daughter lands at M&D or Sky Walkers. Really like the coaches. M&D seems like an amazing opportunity with their history, recruiting prowess, and pedigree and new energy. We will see, but I doubt these last two pages will be very relevant 2 years from now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with ignoring sour grapes and score settling. Did my homework on team cultures, spoke to parents, and my daughter knows a lot of the players. In short, would be very happy if my daughter lands at M&D or Sky Walkers. Really like the coaches. M&D seems like an amazing opportunity with their history, recruiting prowess, and pedigree and new energy. We will see, but I doubt these last two pages will be very relevant 2 years from now.

Look. It's simple. What are you trying to accomplish in terms of your daughter? If it's trying to be recruited in a few years, M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers have been at the forefront EVERY year.

You can cry and whine about "culture" and how nice or not nice a coach is...but if your goal is to have your daughter seen by the best recruiters in the top divisions....then M&D is still a top choice NATIONALY.

28 Black team might have it's issues ( like other teams)...but you can bet in 2 years you will be glad you are on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When anyone leaves in the middle of a season and can’t wait for tryouts to make the change, I think it is a major sign. Not going to convince me otherwise, sorry mmd parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time someone keeps directing their opinion at the same group of people, it makes the argument weaker and looks more like a score to settle that will never be settled. Get over it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any St Mary's 28s jump over to Coppermine due to the HC being on that squad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One M&D player to Heros. Final roster. Can’t wait to see how Coppermine, M&D, Skywalkers, and Capital shake out. Bring on the fall season! Not sure Hero’s will remain #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stop. You obviously have a grudge for whatever reason. I wish you nothing but the best at Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One M&D player to Heros. Final roster. Can’t wait to see how Coppermine, M&D, Skywalkers, and Capital shake out. Bring on the fall season! Not sure Hero’s will remain #1

A team on the rise that was able to keep its players, keep its coaches and keep out the drama... I would say #1 is Hero's until someone comes and takes it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why would you put more eggs that basket? is copp really trying to sell him as some recruiting expert? 🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team on the rise that was able to keep its players, keep its coaches and keep out the drama... I would say #1 is Hero's until someone comes and takes it

Thanks for that hard hitting analysis Hero’s dad..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that hard hitting analysis Hero’s dad..

Difficult to disagree with though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why would you put more eggs that basket? is copp really trying to sell him as some recruiting expert? 🤣

I think to gain favoritism with the varisty HC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero’s and M&D look to be the big winners. Coppermine may struggle.

Like Reply Quote
Page 90 of 98 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 97 98
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard