Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't a 2027 a rising sophomore?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn't a 2027 a rising sophomore?

Yes, the showcase questions are coming from 28 parents asking for 27 parent insights since you guys just went through it this past year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for advice. I have a rising freshman. From your experience last year what showcases do you suggest for this year, ones to avoid also. Outside of your team how many showcases did you do?

Any ideas?
A rising freshman doesnt need to do anything. Though figuring out your path in to Showtim, Main Stage and Juniors for next year should be your focus. Do some prospect days and go see some campuses if anything. Not the end of the world to do OnePercent and an inside Lacrosse event to get on the rankings radar. If anything i recommend analyzing what your club is going to bring to you next year and where your player stands…..and when all said and done be sure you have the grades this year. Remember, lacrosse is important but school is importanter. No grades you better be 5 stars and top HS and club team……and if you were you wouldn’t be asking which Showcases wink

Thank you for the candid feedback. How about Best In Class for rising frosh?

I see that IL posted some evaluations from BIC, but only for a small portion of the players that attended. I know college coaches won't be there for the rising frosh, trying to determine if there's value in the training and IL eyeballs.

They also offer a position-specific session for an additional charge at BIC. Any reviews of that session?

Thanks.

I believe you have to pay IL for them to post evaluations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for advice. I have a rising freshman. From your experience last year what showcases do you suggest for this year, ones to avoid also. Outside of your team how many showcases did you do?

Any ideas?
A rising freshman doesnt need to do anything. Though figuring out your path in to Showtim, Main Stage and Juniors for next year should be your focus. Do some prospect days and go see some campuses if anything. Not the end of the world to do OnePercent and an inside Lacrosse event to get on the rankings radar. If anything i recommend analyzing what your club is going to bring to you next year and where your player stands…..and when all said and done be sure you have the grades this year. Remember, lacrosse is important but school is importanter. No grades you better be 5 stars and top HS and club team……and if you were you wouldn’t be asking which Showcases wink

I see that IL posted some evaluations from BIC, but only for a small portion of the players that attended. I know college coaches won't be there for the rising frosh, trying to determine if there's value in the training and IL eyeballs.

They also offer a position-specific session for an additional charge at BIC. Any reviews of that session?

Thanks.

Is this true? I know they have an optional pay-to-be-evaluated service, but I'd think that is separate from the evals they post in articles discussing the top performers at XYZ event. Maybe I'm being naive . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't need to do paid evaluations. LOTS of kids commit and go to college without them. Don't feed the money-making beast any more than you already do.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Showtime invites are out? Heard usually late Aug/Early Sept

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Is this true? I know they have an optional pay-to-be-evaluated service, but I'd think that is separate from the evals they post in articles discussing the top performers at XYZ event. Maybe I'm being naive . . .

Ha it is all about paying for rankings. Showcases, IL evaluations, etc you definitely get rated higher if you pay them. It is amazing the college coaches take the rankings seriously. It is you scratch my back I scratch yours.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard