BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts394,112
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 274 of 278 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 277 278
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #444189 Yesterday at 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try outs start next week. This is the year where your son gets replaced by the out of state tournament player…get your popcorn ready!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #444201 9 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rankings are terrible and getting worse all the time. Not only are many of the same players on multiple teams (I heard from a parent the 2 red hot teams have about 40-50% crossover players), but there are teams that have played literally 1 tournament. (Project Midwest). Many teams with less than 10 games. There are teams in the 50’s that played 10 games against only terrible teams. There should be some minimum to count. At least three tournaments or at least 12-15 games. I’m not a Team Money fan, but no way they should be 50 slots below Team MD and Clippers. I know this group is only focused on top 25 rankings, but the whole thing is flawed top to bottom. It should hold no credence in anyone’s mind.
And it is a fact if MD had 1 allstar team (like 2 Way in CT) we’d be top 1-2.

And it is a fact that if MD had 1 all star team with no holdbacks and reclasses they would not be in the top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at BIC with my son. There is a Jan 08 kid here. Now that's a holdback....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #444208 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing IS NOT against the rules. Playing down as an expecting PG IS against the rules. I get it.

My question to the reclass supporters . . . would you support a rule change to allow expected PG to play down 1yr when they are in HS?

If not, why not?

I am completely baffled as to why college coaches even want reclasses? It waters down the whole sport. I know if college coaches stopped recruiting and signing reclasses then maybe the proactive would stop. That or US lacrosse actually committing to teams by birth years like soccer does, but I doubt that would happen. At least the age rules are a step in the right direction. As a parent though, I would be embarrassed myself if my kid had to reclass to be dominate

College coaches need to show progress and wins in the metrics of Ws and Ls. The average coaching tenure in NCAA Lax is 3.5 years. If a 21 year old freshman is available and has 4.3 speed and a 100mph shot and can squeak by admissions and has references from a top 25 national coach, yes let's take that kid.

No different than club coaches taking reclasses, honestly. In club ball, success is measured every 10 months when the last game is played. Nobody from Rec Travel to Hoco Elite to NXT AA league would say no to older kids.

Most tournaments have specific rules saying you cannot be in 10th grade currently (this fall) playing in 2028. NAL, Hogan events, etc. Get caught, your team will get popped….

How often has that actually happened though? Who is checking at all, let alone real time as you'd need to in order to make a difference in a tournament? I recall that VLC 2027 got dinged in HOCO a few years ago and there was a blowup with Madlax 2032 or something this spring, but I don't think anyone is out there announcing that they've retroactively stripped Team Fake Holdbacks of their Aloha Hogan Spring Thawbashfest tournament title and all players need to return their victory trucker hats.

It happens (getting caught) about once a year in our region, and 50% of the time it's a True team. Not even holdbacks necessarily, just habitual roster violations because "we put 18 teams in this tournament/league, they won't kick us out." And for the most part they are correct about that.

Several documented True 2028 warnings/blowups/forfeits/player DQs with HoCo over the years, True MD 2023 blowups with Aloha in the pre-Covid era (DQed and asked to leave the site), the insane Madlax 2033 caper this spring, the VLC 2027 shenanigans (those kids were scary big...and then we found out why, lol). Given that there are 40-ish teams playing every year below the HS level in our region, that's a really small number of "caught" violations.

VLC 2027 got busted for using a 2025 goalie, who wasn't particularly large. They still broke the rules, but I don't think anyone was scary big.

"They'll never guess with this goalie," that's a theme...one of the mentioned True Baltimore violations - I'm sure - was them using an undersized 2027 goalie for a 2028 team...he played games for both teams at Troy Park on the same days lol. Parents....be better!
New topic: Any new 2028 teams coming to the area?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #444215 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at BIC with my son. There is a Jan 08 kid here. Now that's a holdback....

what number?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Anonymous #444216 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From prior tourney and early Naptown results, it seems like the True National team has fallen off. Any current or former True families have insight? Just a small sample size? Were they previously buoyed by the Chesapeake team that fell apart?
in our home town...and the club dues are less...and the players really seem to like the coaches...maybe it's better than what we're getting at True."

The collapse of True Ches was brutal, and clearly made it difficult to put back together a Mid-Atlantic based national team for 8th grade. In general, parents of players at every level from B to Elite become more savvy every grade year, and (except for a few hard heads), aware of the realistic range of their kid's play. "OK he's the featured shooter at AA but would ride the bench at Elite." Once you really have this info as a parent, the True sales pitches don't hold much water.

"Really....you're going to get my son "more exposure" than the Instagram Clippers? How would that even be possible."

"We train more!"

"OK, but my son played 2nd line True AAA last year, and he's playing 2nd line True AAA this year, and the team somehow got worse and should be in AA."

"Ahh maybe you don't understand - we train more!"

It's a far more appealing sales pitch when the boys are in 3rd-5th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Page 274 of 278 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 277 278
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard