BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,909
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 88 1 2 85 86 87 88
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MDU looking for new players or will the roster look mostly the same next year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team should look the same next year, maybe 1 or 2 additions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is MDU looking for new players or will the roster look mostly the same next year?

Good question. Also, how do they do at recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reports from Inside Lacrosse ID Experience? Was it worth doing?
Nope, unless you’re an egotistical parent trying to relive your childhood! Plus, based off the rosters, there wasn’t much talent there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of players at good schools but multiple people have said club support is minimal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of players at good schools but multiple people have said club support is minimal.

Are they still having two teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they misheard? Only rumors I have heard are that M&D West may end up folding with many girls looking elsewhere.

This is not surprising. Their HC is shady AF. Stay away from this guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, unless you’re an egotistical parent trying to relive your childhood! Plus, based off the rosters, there wasn’t much talent there!

What a terrible response. No idea what a "parent trying to relive [their] childhood" means in this context. I certainly was never as talented an athlete as my daughter and these types of events didn't exist for lacrosse, or really any other youth sport, 35 years ago. And look, BIC was a lot larger and had more depth, but no need to malign the rosters at IDX. There was a strong Baltimore contingent including Hero's and M&D stalwarts; NY teams had players there from YJ Maget, Aces, Prime Time, and Monster; Eagle Stix middies were there. Only anomaly was 10+ NXT players out of 80 or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a lot of spare time to sift through rosters of an event your daughter didn’t even attend. Get.a.life.

There was representation from every top club. Hero’s, Eagle Stix, M&D,YJ Maget, Primetime, Monster, etc. you can argue that the well known “top” Maryland players there but the girls still had a great time netting with other players and playing with people they play against all year. There were girls who didn’t belong at BIC as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are still having 2 teams I believe their third team (MDU North) is folding. Just like other top MD teams I would think spots for 3-4 girls next year. Their recruiting is obviously behind M&D Heros and SW but they are probably right after and the 2028 team is one of the best ones they have had.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think MDU East has ever had 2 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the last couple of weekends I don't think any MD top team is totally satisfied going into tryout season:

Heros has moved up but would still love to beat Coppermine consistently. They don't have official tryouts but I am sure wouldn't mind if a couple top players wanted to come their way

Coppermine has lost way more games this year than they could have imagined. They have 4-5 girls that get very little playing time and want to be back on top.

M&D cannot be happy with their overall summer and have already had some departures with rumors about more to come. They will definitely be looking to fill some spots and also have a couple of girls that rarely see the field.

Crush had quite the hot streak but came back to earth. They already picked up a couple M&D girls and I assume are open to more talent like everyone else. Wonder if they will be loyal to the girls that have been there from the start.

SW- did not have the summer they were hoping for and are notorious for having a lot of turnover and changes the summer going into 9th grade. I assume girls worried about not making the above teams will also tryout for SW as a backup plan due to their recruting history.

MDU- inconsistent over the summer with some good wins and some bad losses. Trying to stay in it and would welcome some talent I am sure. Also possible landing spot for girls wanting more playing time or not wanting to play on a B level team for high school.

The other angle is most of these teams (aside from Heros) have tryouts at the exact same time. Wonder if the coaches are being nice and telling the girls they are looking to replace to look elsewhere or more likely trying to hoard them until other teams are full and offer the B team for the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they misheard? Only rumors I have heard are that M&D West may end up folding with many girls looking elsewhere.

All the M&D male coaches at 28 and 29. They have no idea how to coach young girls. That’s why they are leaving 28 and the 29s
Don’t like the 29 guy that favors his dd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU west is their B team. It is not geographical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU had 3 teams this year East (A), West (B), North (C). Pretty sure North won't be a thing next year. MDU often moves players up and down every year so I'm curious to see how their roster looks next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ha I assumed West meant they are located elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What positions will M&D Black be in need of come tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ha I assumed West meant they are located elsewhere.
East A and West B. Also have a North team, I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU North is folding, they already told families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the M&D male coaches at 28 and 29. They have no idea how to coach young girls. That’s why they are leaving 28 and the 29s

C’mon. The previous poster called the M&D West HC shady. I don’t know the guy so I can’t speak to that, but my daughter is on 28 black and the coaches are both nice, normal guys. You have no clue what you are talking about and starting rumors of those coaches being ‘shady’ is completely uncalled for. Shame on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C’mon. The previous poster called the M&D West HC shady. I don’t know the guy so I can’t speak to that, but my daughter is on 28 black and the coaches are both nice, normal guys. You have no clue what you are talking about and starting rumors of those coaches being ‘shady’ is completely uncalled for. Shame on you.

Think this post is trying to come for male 29 coach. They tried on the 29 forum and a bunch of people shut it down so guess they’re bringing it here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I retract this statement. Looks like there has been a coaching change according to team page. Shady coach is not listed as HC anymore. He an AC for younger DD's team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this. Women's sports at all levels have seen a massive number of successful male coaches. M&D Black 2028 coaches are great guys and seem to have a strong and trusted connection with their players.

This sounds like the same type of nanny poster who thinks it's creepy for a dad to watch a future opponent with his daughter. What's creepy is that you think it's creepy, and would suggest that males can't relate to female athletes, or would have any interest in a middle school game that's not sports or competition related. Just ignorant and offensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seeing some of their summer results, looks like their offense could be in need.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Copp/MDU mom, I won’t call you out by name, but you should probably quit now. We know who you are. I’m a MDU 29 dad and it’s obvious because you use the same words in person as you do on here. Your 28 wasn’t happy so left for Copp you blamed the coaches. Your 29 wasn’t happy so left and you’re blaming a coach who wasn’t even there. You’re a disgrace because I watch your two face self smile and chat with his wife like your friends. You were shot down on the 29 forum so you come here looking for someone to support your ignorance. Quit and get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think this post is trying to come for male 29 coach. They tried on the 29 forum and a bunch of people shut it down so guess they’re bringing it here.

She went after him in fall when he was announced as an assistant. Her daughter used to play with my daughter on 28 black. She wasn’t shy to talk bad about his daughter. Who is easily one of if not their top player. We scrimmaged them a few times. She is very good. He’s a great guy. Coaches at the HS level at one of the top public schools in the country. She needs to get a life. She is embarrassing herself and family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmm so you have a former 28 and 29 M&D black player. Easy to figure out who you are. Good luck to your daughters come recurring when college coaches see how you talk on those forums. Coaches recruit the parents too. May want to rethink posting on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is all 3 coaches kids play attack so not a lot of minutes available there. Girls that were on the bench most were attackers. Same problem at Coppermine. You have 4 offensive players (middies and one attack) that never leave the field so have 8 more attackers fighting for 3 attacker spot minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is all 3 coaches kids play attack so not a lot of minutes available there. Girls that were on the bench most were attackers. Same problem at Coppermine. You have 4 offensive players (middies and one attack) that never leave the field so have 8 more attackers fighting for 3 attacker spot minutes.

There’s a lot of misinformation in this comment about MnD (can’t speak for Coppermine). We do have 3 coaches, but only 2 of them have daughters on the team. (Our third coach is a young woman who does not have a 14 year old!) It is true that the 2 coaches’ daughters are attackers, but it isn’t true that they never leave the field. Playing time is not equal, so there have been games when they haven’t been subbed out, but those have been tight games or games we were trying to win. It isn’t true though that they never come off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s a lot of misinformation in this comment about MnD (can’t speak for Coppermine). We do have 3 coaches, but only 2 of them have daughters on the team. (Our third coach is a young woman who does not have a 14 year old!) It is true that the 2 coaches’ daughters are attackers, but it isn’t true that they never leave the field. Playing time is not equal, so there have been games when they haven’t been subbed out, but those have been tight games or games we were trying to win. It isn’t true though that they never come off.

Of course “never come off the field” was an exaggeration you said it yourself- the M&D attackers get subbed out of the game is not close or you are not trying to win…

Looking ahead to high school are there any top MD teams that do a better job than others at more equal playing time during the recruiting years? I know as a parent it is hard to cut yourself from M&D or Coppermine at this point but if your daughter sees the field less than 10 minutes most games you might need to consider something else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that’s a tough question. Subbing players at top teams get to play against other top teams with all the top coaches watching! Going to a team you play all the time for would get your child in front on the correct level of coaches most likely and help them fins a college they can play at more quickly. Depends on what you and your daughter are looking for. The top colleges usually recruit mostly from the top club teams. Look it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course “never come off the field” was an exaggeration you said it yourself- the M&D attackers get subbed out of the game is not close or you are not trying to win…

Looking ahead to high school are there any top MD teams that do a better job than others at more equal playing time during the recruiting years? I know as a parent it is hard to cut yourself from M&D or Coppermine at this point but if your daughter sees the field less than 10 minutes most games you might need to consider something else.

HS is about getting girls recruited and showcasing them. If players aren’t on the field, they can’t get recruited. Clubs should do a better job of having talent across the whole team that is of a similar level. If HS teams are still playing girls less than 10 minutes a game, they should do a better job of selecting players or change their mentality on playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will soon be 9 attackers at Coppermine after they add the Aces girl who has been telling everyone she is going to Coppermine. Are they telling current players they all have a spot next year?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443920 Yesterday at 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will soon be 9 attackers at Coppermine after they add the Aces girl who has been telling everyone she is going to Coppermine. Are they telling current players they all have a spot next year?

If that is true, Coppermine gets the bonus of another coach. dad yells instruction every game while yelling at other parents. Why any team would take that on is making their culture more toxic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443932 Yesterday at 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really none of your business or mine.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #443982 Yesterday at 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a hero’s parent and I don’t even like them, but that team is definitely in peak end of season form. 4-0 at G8. Nice work. I assume all the players are sticking around, so you will be the team to beat in 24/25.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443996 9 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really none of your business or mine.

LOL. It’s the reason we are in this forum

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #444000 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a hero’s parent and I don’t even like them, but that team is definitely in peak end of season form. 4-0 at G8. Nice work. I assume all the players are sticking around, so you will be the team to beat in 24/25.
Thanks “not a heros parent and I don’t even like them”

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #444001 2 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anytime someone starts out with “ Not a Hero’s parent “ it is a dead giveaway. Good post Hero’s mom! 🤥

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #444014 41 minutes ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is true, Coppermine gets the bonus of another coach. dad yells instruction every game while yelling at other parents. Why any team would take that on is making their culture more toxic.

After this weekend’s results she might want to reconsider

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 88 1 2 85 86 87 88
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard