BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,547
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 270 of 277 1 2 268 269 270 271 272 276 277
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Absolute Classic of a game today between FCA and Hawks in the Millon Showcase championship

FCA led the whole game until the Hawks took over in the 4th, scoring with seconds to go to win

Congrats to both team. Representing the area well

FCA put Next Level through the meat grinder early in the day…. I guess those new players aren’t helping much.

Don't ruin the positivity! It's Father's Day

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute Classic of a game today between FCA and Hawks in the Millon Showcase championship

FCA led the whole game until the Hawks took over in the 4th, scoring with seconds to go to win

The Hawks holdbacks beat the FCA holdbacks. And everyone in Maryland pretended it was normal for 15 year olds to be playing 8th grade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks holdbacks beat the FCA holdbacks. And everyone in Maryland pretended it was normal for 15 year olds to be playing 8th grade lacrosse.

FCA has 3 15 year old players already

Hawks have zero

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This.
You reclass parents are the worst thing about lacrosse. How in the world can you sit on the sidelines and feel anything but embarrassment that you had to make your kid repeat a entire year of school, and an entire curriculum, to be relevant on the field? You people are pathetic. Your kids ARE NOT GOOD on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does everyone feel about the rankings out there? is USCL the only ones you see out there?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does everyone feel about the rankings out there? is USCL the only ones you see out there?

The methodology isn’t terrible really. I might tweak it so you can never lose ranking points if you beat a team by 10+ goals or gain ranking points if you lose by 10+ goals, or maybe you could weight recent games more heavily than ones from 6+ months ago, but for rough justice it’s okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This.
You reclass parents are the worst thing about lacrosse. How in the world can you sit on the sidelines and feel anything but embarrassment that you had to make your kid repeat a entire year of school, and an entire curriculum, to be relevant on the field? You people are pathetic. Your kids ARE NOT GOOD on age.

Apparently this guys kid is also NOT good on age. Salty that the FCA brought in the big boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The methodology isn’t terrible really. I might tweak it so you can never lose ranking points if you beat a team by 10+ goals or gain ranking points if you lose by 10+ goals, or maybe you could weight recent games more heavily than ones from 6+ months ago, but for rough justice it’s okay.

It also generally meets the eye test: The teams you'd expect to be ranked highly more or less are, and it's difficult to point to any team placement that looks like a complete outlier unless you put a ton of emphasis just on the most recent results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand why the National teams are ranked along e club teams, makes zero sense. Some of those teams have played a total of 6 games…silly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand why the National teams are ranked along e club teams, makes zero sense. Some of those teams have played a total of 6 games…silly

Maybe, but you have to assign the national teams a rating to be able to score their games against regular club teams, and the club teams are still ranked appropriately relative to one another even if there are national or regional teams sprinkled in. I guess you could come up with two lists, one for regular teams and one for national teams, but everyone can see how many games a team has played and make their own judgments so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big deal? No, of course not. But when my son sees his team is 17th and there’s 9 national teams ranked ahead, it’s dense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big deal? No, of course not. But when my son sees his team is 17th and there’s 9 national teams ranked ahead, it’s dense.

If your kid's sense of self worth depends in any meaningful way on whether his 8th grade lacrosse team is ranted 17th or 8th, you may have bigger issues to address.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have zero

Hawks have at least one turning 15 in the next 20 days, so enjoy the brief victory ride on your high horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have zero

Hawks have at least one turning 15 in the next 20 days, so enjoy the brief victory ride on your high horse.

Weirdo age guy-- step away from the underage boys please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have zero

“The Hawks are all holdbacks!”

“I guess. They have some summer birthdays.”

“See! They’re only good because they’re two months older than my son!”

You sound like such a dope. We’re all embarrassed for you. Keep it up though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are completely missing the point, you clown. I just said it’s odd
To categorize club and national team together.
My son’s self worth is found through stuffing yours into a locker, after waving to him as your little Johnny stands on the sidelines.
Keep telling him he’ll see the field soon -
Now go hit the wall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no takers? It’s been days since my original invitation to fess up on an anonymous forum about your reclassed son. And still nobody has fessed up. Not one person has the guts to say “I reclassed my son.”
Reclassed lacrosse players who were reclassed for the purpose of making up for athletic inability are not good enough to compete on age. I have yet to be proven wrong.
You people are the minority. You people have ruined club lacrosse. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have zero

Sorry Hawks dad, Sounds like your kid didn't get invited to the birthday parties. The Hawks have more 15 year olds than FCA. But interesting you claim to know FCA has exactly three without knowing ages on your own roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to reclass this year to 2029, but as of now we plan to stay playing 2028 with his current Hoco team. We don't see any value in playing 2029. Regardless of other kids being a full year older, and puberty still in its infancy, the development is much better playing against older kids. Why drop down and play at a lower level. Reclass isnt for lax, more academic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no takers? It’s been days since my original invitation to fess up on an anonymous forum about your reclassed son. And still nobody has fessed up. Not one person has the guts to say “I reclassed my son.”
Reclassed lacrosse players who were reclassed for the purpose of making up for athletic inability are not good enough to compete on age. I have yet to be proven wrong.

Another weirdo obsessed with underage boys. Every single wannabe that comes in here to complain about young boys playing lacrosse is getting labeled a pe-do going forward. Screaming on a message board.. anonymously about young children. Let that sink in.

People have mentioned it before. You might think you are anonymous, but there are many avenues to explore cyber bullying. And laws that allow for the forensic research to circumvent privacy agreements etc etc. my company does this for a living. This is a quick way to get sued.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell us who you are and I'll come find you in person one of these weekends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone get the story of why the coach of Brotherly Love was ejected during their playoff game against 91? They not only ejected him from the game but they made him leave the stadium entirely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing it is the same guy who started that Instagram page to call out holdbacks and berate kids online. Real winner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have zero

Sorry Hawks dad, Sounds like your kid didn't get invited to the birthday parties. The Hawks have more 15 year olds than FCA. But interesting you claim to know FCA has exactly three without knowing ages on your own roster.

The birthday parties are in July. Hope to see you there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another weirdo obsessed with underage boys. Every single wannabe that comes in here to complain about young boys playing lacrosse is getting labeled a pe-do going forward. Screaming on a message board.. anonymously about young children. Let that sink in.

People have mentioned it before. You might think you are anonymous, but there are many avenues to explore cyber bullying. And laws that allow for the forensic research to circumvent privacy agreements etc etc. my company does this for a living. This is a quick way to get sued.

I wasn't the original poster but your response is bizarre at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son’s self worth is found through stuffing yours into a locker, after waving to him as your little Johnny stands on the sidelines.
Now go hit the wall

Imagine how unhinged someone must be to write that post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to reclass this year to 2029, but as of now we plan to stay playing 2028 with his current Hoco team. We don't see any value in playing 2029. Regardless of other kids being a full year older, and puberty still in its infancy, the development is much better playing against older kids. Why drop down and play at a lower level. Reclass isnt for lax, more academic.

And you did it for academic/maturity reasons. Which is fully respected and if that is the case, will probably be a benefit to your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He won't be playing in HOCO next year if you do that. Age rules apply for 2029

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now go hit the wall

There's a broad spectrum of unhinged behavior in this group. Will be interesting to see how it transfers to high school, when all but a very small number will be watching and learning and growing and not playing (discounting JV), which fwiw is entirely ok from a developmental standpoint.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now go hit the wall

Yeah, hopefully it was just an ill-fated attempt at humor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruh - why are you so worked up about this- it happens. Besides, it will all be very obvious when the kids start driving themselves home freshman year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, no one responded either:

(a) because your cutting analysis of the situation has made them rethink their life decisions to the point that they are mired in existential angst and wallowing in their own self-doubt and shame after you showed them the light, or

(b) they don't care what you think.

Could be either one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(a) because your cutting analysis of the situation has made them rethink their life decisions to the point that they are mired in existential angst and wallowing in their own self-doubt and shame after you showed them the light, or

Could be either one.

Nah, it’s neither. Beautiful attempt at sarcasm though. And stop writing so eloquently on BOTC. Switching back and forth between a post and an online dictionary is too much for most on here.
Choice A is incorrect because they knew prior. They knew what 95% of people in the lacrosse world knew
Choice B is incorrect also. They very much care what WE think. The “wait till high school” and “hit the wall johnny” and “unhinged” posts attacking the anti-holdback posters makes that blatantly obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have zero

So for argument purposes...if the Hawks have kids turning 15 after July 1...would that make them holdbacks or older 28's playing within the age verification rules if they were instituted at the 2028 level? So your argument that the Hawks have a kid turning 15 in the next 20 days makes you look foolish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Nah, it’s neither. Beautiful attempt at sarcasm though. And stop writing so eloquently on BOTC. Switching back and forth between a post and an online dictionary is too much for most on here.
Choice A is incorrect because they knew prior. They knew what 95% of people in the lacrosse world knew
Choice B is incorrect also. They very much care what WE think. The “wait till high school” and “hit the wall johnny” and “unhinged” posts attacking the anti-holdback posters makes that blatantly obvious.

Ha, funny response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Ha, funny response.
Hawks have more than one hold back and it’s true because a parent told me from the hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wh
o are the teams in B you think should be in A? and vice versa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upcoming year in High School will be a fun year for many, and some disappointments for others.

I know the holdback thing has been beat to death, but this is where being a holdback becomes an advantage that is worth it. Odds of making Varsity, let alone playing are increased by being older in MIAA. MIAA is loaded with older players so it just makes sense.

Being on age in MIAA as a freshman is being on JV, which is great for development but is not Varsity. Varsity will get you reps against Varsity players not JV. Development will be better, again just makes sense. Not saying you wont be on Varsity as a Soph, but you will be coopeting against older Soph, JR,SR's your second year in MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Ha, funny response.
Hawks have more than one hold back and it’s true because a parent told me from the hawks

Really not seeing the holdback argument working against the hawks. we've played them and most of the other top 20 teams this year and they are far from the biggest or fastest or most physical. what they excel at is precision and game IQ - it's actually really beautiful lacrosse. they make you pay when you have even the slightest mistake. they're like the soviet hockey team from the 80's - just really pretty, precise gameplay that punishes less precise gameplay by the opponent. being a year older would certainly help that but that's not the differentiator.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wh
o are the teams in B you think should be in A? and vice versa?
Or do you mean B team kids that should play A team?

Like Reply Quote
Page 270 of 277 1 2 268 269 270 271 272 276 277
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard