BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,756
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 271 of 278 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 277 278
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Still no takers? It’s been days since my original invitation to fess up on an anonymous forum about your reclassed son. And still nobody has fessed up. Not one person has the guts to say “I reclassed my son.”
Reclassed lacrosse players who were reclassed for the purpose of making up for athletic inability are not good enough to compete on age. I have yet to be proven wrong.
You people are the minority. You people have ruined club lacrosse. Pathetic.

Yes, no one responded either:

(a) because your cutting analysis of the situation has made them rethink their life decisions to the point that they are mired in existential angst and wallowing in their own self-doubt and shame after you showed them the light, or

(b) they don't care what you think.

Could be either one.

Nah, it’s neither. Beautiful attempt at sarcasm though. And stop writing so eloquently on BOTC. Switching back and forth between a post and an online dictionary is too much for most on here.
Choice A is incorrect because they knew prior. They knew what 95% of people in the lacrosse world knew
Choice B is incorrect also. They very much care what WE think. The “wait till high school” and “hit the wall johnny” and “unhinged” posts attacking the anti-holdback posters makes that blatantly obvious.

Ha, funny response.
Hawks have more than one hold back and it’s true because a parent told me from the hawks

Really not seeing the holdback argument working against the hawks. we've played them and most of the other top 20 teams this year and they are far from the biggest or fastest or most physical. what they excel at is precision and game IQ - it's actually really beautiful lacrosse. they make you pay when you have even the slightest mistake. they're like the soviet hockey team from the 80's - just really pretty, precise gameplay that punishes less precise gameplay by the opponent. being a year older would certainly help that but that's not the differentiator.

Yeah, an extra year of growth and development wouldn't help in any of the areas you mention here, except, oh wait, yeah, it helps with all of them. Holdback topic has been beaten to death. It's not the kid's choice. But Hawks parents should own simple fact that the team relies on kids who should have already completed 9th grade. BTW - the Russians didn't duck the Olympics the way Hawks ducked WSYL. Hawks would have gotten exposed if they had to use an age-verified roster. Same with all the other Hoco teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no takers? It’s been days since my original invitation to fess up on an anonymous forum about your reclassed son. And still nobody has fessed up. Not one person has the guts to say “I reclassed my son.”
Reclassed lacrosse players who were reclassed for the purpose of making up for athletic inability are not good enough to compete on age. I have yet to be proven wrong.

(a) because your cutting analysis of the situation has made them rethink their life decisions to the point that they are mired in existential angst and wallowing in their own self-doubt and shame after you showed them the light, or

Could be either one.

Nah, it’s neither. Beautiful attempt at sarcasm though. And stop writing so eloquently on BOTC. Switching back and forth between a post and an online dictionary is too much for most on here.
Choice A is incorrect because they knew prior. They knew what 95% of people in the lacrosse world knew
Choice B is incorrect also. They very much care what WE think. The “wait till high school” and “hit the wall johnny” and “unhinged” posts attacking the anti-holdback posters makes that blatantly obvious.

Ha, funny response.
Hawks have more than one hold back and it’s true because a parent told me from the hawks

Really not seeing the holdback argument working against the hawks. we've played them and most of the other top 20 teams this year and they are far from the biggest or fastest or most physical. what they excel at is precision and game IQ - it's actually really beautiful lacrosse. they make you pay when you have even the slightest mistake. they're like the soviet hockey team from the 80's - just really pretty, precise gameplay that punishes less precise gameplay by the opponent. being a year older would certainly help that but that's not the differentiator.

Yeah, an extra year of growth and development wouldn't help in any of the areas you mention here, except, oh wait, yeah, it helps with all of them. Holdback topic has been beaten to death. It's not the kid's choice. But Hawks parents should own simple fact that the team relies on kids who should have already completed 9th grade. BTW - the Russians didn't duck the Olympics the way Hawks ducked WSYL. Hawks would have gotten exposed if they had to use an age-verified roster. Same with all the other Hoco teams.

It’s been beaten to death so the only thing left to do is beat the corpse? Try yoga my guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Ha, funny response.

It’s been beaten to death so the only thing left to do is beat the corpse? Try yoga my guy.

He can’t right now because he’s in a parking lot somewhere beating his office printer with his bare hands with NWA in the background.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Ha, funny response.

He can’t right now because he’s in a parking lot somewhere beating his office printer with his bare hands with NWA in the background.

Dude, that was "Still" by Geto Boys. Your TPS reports are late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Ha, funny response.

Dude, Geto Boys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be either one.

Ha, funny response.

Dude, Geto Boys.

Good catch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 3-0 today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost to a team from Ohio?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think they draw from the entire state so it's not that surprising, especially if they play fast and loose with grade levels like teams do here.

The Midatlantic isn't better at lacrosse because there are better athletes here - to the contrary, far more NBA and NFL players come from Ohio than MD - but because no one outside of the East Coast has historically cared about lacrosse. As the sport spreads, this is probably going to become more and more common.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only lost.....but dominated.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think they draw from the entire state so it's not that surprising, especially if they play fast and loose with grade levels like teams do here.

The Midatlantic isn't better at lacrosse because there are better athletes here - to the contrary, far more NBA and NFL players come from Ohio than MD - but because no one outside of the East Coast has historically cared about lacrosse. As the sport spreads, this is probably going to become more and more common.

I think you’re reading too much into one game. The Crabs turned around and laid an egg vs Mesa in a 3-2 win. I’m no fan of the crabs but seems like something isn’t right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you just make things up? There are almost exactly as many NFL players per capita from MD vs OH. Ohio has nearly 2x the number of people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t matter that they’re from Ohio; what matters is they’re not a ranked team and they handedly beat crabs so crabs isn’t a top 20 team. And crabs only beat Mesa #67 by one goal. They @ChillLaxin, even in their own tournament.
Let see if this gets posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you just make things up? There are almost exactly as many NFL players per capita from MD vs OH. Ohio has nearly 2x the number of people.

I never said they were different per capita. The whole point is that the Ohio team is drawing from a larger population - that's why I noted that it is a statewide team. So if the lacrosse participation rate of the two states starts to normalize, there should be more elite athletes competing for an all-OH team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t matter that they’re from Ohio; what matters is they’re not a ranked team and they handedly beat crabs so crabs isn’t a top 20 team. And crabs only beat Mesa #67 by one goal. They @ChillLaxin, even in their own tournament.
Ok the administrator must be crabs affiliated, they keep editing any posts about crabs. The posts didn’t have curse words nor personal attacks. I’ve confirmed with someone else who also posts on this forum that their crabs posts have been edited to sound less harsh. Their forum so they can do that I guess, but it does take away impartiality and it’s not a good look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh oh, they play leading edge and their 10th grade goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upcoming year in High School will be a fun year for many, and some disappointments for others.

I know the holdback thing has been beat to death, but this is where being a holdback becomes an advantage that is worth it. Odds of making Varsity, let alone playing are increased by being older in MIAA. MIAA is loaded with older players so it just makes sense.

Being on age in MIAA as a freshman is being on JV, which is great for development but is not Varsity. Varsity will get you reps against Varsity players not JV. Development will be better, again just makes sense. Not saying you wont be on Varsity as a Soph, but you will be coopeting against older Soph, JR,SR's your second year in MIAA.

It is for my son and his friends, One is just about assured a spot on Varsity as Freshman. Jan Holdback and decent size.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said they were different per capita. The whole point is that the Ohio team is drawing from a larger population - that's why I noted that it is a statewide team. So if the lacrosse participation rate of the two states starts to normalize, there should be more elite athletes competing for an all-OH team.

Comical. Most town teams in MD would beat the statewide teams from OH. This one likely an anomaly, but time tested, there are 5-6 local and teams around Annapolis, Towson, and Bethesda that would beat the Ohio teams 4/5 times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Resolute OH is a good program. No idea re their geographic pull, however. Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs played a tough bracket and a 1 goal game vs. Leading Edge. FCA played cupcakes and lost to LE by 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Resolute OH is a good program. No idea re their geographic pull, however. Who cares.

Because Crabs losing to an all-state team is arguably different than losing to a team just from Toledo.

If you mean the question more broadly, then (1) it's a topic of discussion because this is a forum for the discussion of 2028 lacrosse, and (2) this conversation provides for an at least brief pause in the back and forth about holdbacks - any port in a storm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From prior tourney and early Naptown results, it seems like the True National team has fallen off. Any current or former True families have insight? Just a small sample size? Were they previously buoyed by the Chesapeake team that fell apart?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs played a tough bracket and a 1 goal game vs. Leading Edge. FCA played cupcakes and lost to LE by 8.

But how did both teams do against Eclipse Black? 😂😂😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say that the rabs dont pull from all over the DMV area is laughable bro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge's 2027 Goalie who got busted playing 2028 at NLF Summer Kickoff and NAL is back at it again. Registered and rostered for 2028 at the One Percent Showcase this week. Some people can't be shamed. I am sure his parents are very proud. Rosters were released today on One Percent's Instagram Account, and Tri-State just posted the kid on their Instagram this week playing 2027. Ridiculous and embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge's 2027 Goalie who got busted playing 2028 at NLF Summer Kickoff and NAL is back at it again. Registered and rostered for 2028 at the One Percent Showcase this week. Some people can't be shamed. I am sure his parents are very proud. Rosters were released today on One Percent's Instagram Account, and Tri-State just posted the kid on their Instagram this week playing 2027. Ridiculous and embarrassing.

Are you actually surprised?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say that the rabs dont pull from all over the DMV area is laughable bro

I’m not a Crabs dad but I know for fact there is not a single kid on the 2028 Crabs team from northern VA, DC, or MD/DC area (Bethesda, Potomac, etc). Bro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax still has a 2028 team?

This week they are the Burrito Supreme Nationals. They charged their parents an additional $500 for a flashy Naptown uni, then proceeded to get beat in both pool games today. And will likely get trounced in their first bracket game on Tuesday am.

Getting those parents to cough up a $500 Naptown “tournament fee” is impressive, I will say, and the roster is 30 deep. Maybe he’s not as thick as we all think after all….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day at Naptown today. Watched some of the Hawks game. They didn't look their usual Hawky-self. Is something going in there? Need some details from a Hawks parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From prior tourney and early Naptown results, it seems like the True National team has fallen off. Any current or former True families have insight? Just a small sample size? Were they previously buoyed by the Chesapeake team that fell apart?

Which one? There were 3 True National teams playing last weekend.

I don’t know a single family who has had a good a experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing it is the same guy who started that Instagram page to call out holdbacks and berate kids online. Real winner

"Welcome to youth sports" is awesome.

He's doing God's work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day at Naptown today. Watched some of the Hawks game. They didn't look their usual Hawky-self. Is something going in there? Need some details from a Hawks parent.

I heard they gave them a day off practice so they were rusty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two good starters injured and done I heard. Prob be a rough contest of summer. That team actually drops off fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bravo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two good starters injured and done I heard. Prob be a rough contest of summer. That team actually drops off fast.
Do they not have any depth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they not have any depth?

Yeah that would surprise me if you're talking field players. We've played them a number of times and they are a great team, but not one that seemed to be carried by one or two particular players (to their credit as an organization).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This week they are the Burrito Supreme Nationals. They charged their parents an additional $500 for a flashy Naptown uni, then proceeded to get beat in both pool games today. And will likely get trounced in their first bracket game on Tuesday am.

Getting those parents to cough up a $500 Naptown “tournament fee” is impressive, I will say, and the roster is 30 deep. Maybe he’s not as thick as we all think after all….

This can’t be true. Cabell charges his parents an extra $500 for a local event? with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This can’t be true. Cabell charges his parents an extra $500 for a local event? with
Anyone who still plays for that 2028 team is an @ChillLaxin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

wachoo talking ‘bout Willis??

Like Reply Quote
Page 271 of 278 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 277 278
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard