BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,752
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 269 of 278 1 2 267 268 269 270 271 277 278
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok, NAL Anti-Holdback Karen I'll bite: What holdback-free team does your son play for? Guarantee you are fine with the holdbacks on his team. Do you encourage your kids to label their teammates CHEATERS too? Hawks parents whine: '1.) Our holdbacks aren't that big. 2.) Our holdbacks held back for legitimate reasons. 3.) Our holdbacks aren't as old as some of these other holdbacks.' Bottom line: Hawks use holdbacks to gain a competitive advantage. But they get really upset when other teams do same thing.
Ok, NAL Anti-Holdback Karen I'll bite: What holdback-free team does your son play for? Guarantee you are fine with the holdbacks on his team. Do you encourage your kids to label their teammates CHEATERS too? Hawks parents whine: '1.) Our holdbacks aren't that big. 2.) Our holdbacks held back for legitimate reasons. 3.) Our holdbacks aren't as old as some of these other holdbacks.' Bottom line: Hawks use holdbacks to gain a competitive advantage. But they get really upset when other teams do same thing.

You’re totally off base. Thisnis not about holdbacks. Old backs are allowed. Part of the game. What’s NOT ALLOWED is aging tunnel bold back R years from now, but in the meantime, play down a grade. That’s CHEATNG, Chad.

I love the outrage of these holdback parents. PG parents and holdback parents are BOTH gaming the system to get their kids an age advantage.

Please get off your high horse holdback daddy's. You've taken advantage of a loophole in the rules for the past few years allowing your kid to beat up on younger kids. Everyone knew the loophole was wrong and unfair and that's why holdback parents are embarrased that they leverage it. And that's why they've now closed the loophole for younger grades. Stop with the holier than thou act about PG kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the PP, and I am not a Karen, but I am happy to answer your question. My son's team definitely has holdbacks, as do all elite level teams. No dispute there. But whether people like it or not, holdbacks are allowed under the rules of grade based tournaments. A player could be 15, or theoretically even older, and he is eligible to play 2028 if he is currently enrolled in that grade in school. But if he is enrolled in the grade above (ie, finishing up 9th grade right now) that is against the rules and is what people have been calling cheating.
Cheating doesn't always give a competitive advantage, as you could have a crappy 9th grade player who would not make a difference in an elite level 8th grade game, especially when many of the 8th graders are holdbacks. It would still be cheating, but few would notice and only the biggest Karen in the world would bother to complain.
But in this case, the cheater was a starting HS varsity goalie who had played against and practiced with HS players all spring, so that is not only cheating, it gave Leading Edge a huge advantage in an 8th grade tournament. Usually when somebody is wrong, and they know it, they resort to name calling ("Karen"), and you seem to be in that place right now.

If its an unfair advantage to play against and practice with HS players all spring, then why aren't 8th graders who play varsity (which is allowed and seen commonly in some states), barred from competition? To be clear, I'm advocating for AGE based play. There are too many gray areas and exceptions to making it grade based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re totally off base. Thisnis not about holdbacks. Old backs are allowed. Part of the game. What’s NOT ALLOWED is aging tunnel bold back R years from now, but in the meantime, play down a grade. That’s CHEATNG, Chad.

Whats the difference between a kid who repeats a grade and a kid who does a PG year? They would both be a year older than their "class" and get to college at the same time so either ban both or allow both.

Five years from now those two players will be freshman in college and will be the same age and same class year, so no difference. but today, there is a big difference, one is playing by the rules because he is in the same grade as everyone else on the field, and one is cheating because he is a grade above everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parents who are drinking wine and hiding behind computers and threatening kids, be careful, its called cyberbullying. You don't think its possible to track down these anonymous threads to address or cell phone. I'm in the business, its simple and we take cyberbullying very serious. Just relax, they will figure out the rules and make sure ALL teams comply. Careful what you say here. Bullying a kid that you have no idea of the circumstances is not right and you may have someone knocking on your door.

My son, in 7th grade, skipped two grades because his IQ is off the charts. What happens then?

if your son is smart enough to skip two grades, and he and an elite level lacrosse player, that is a good problem to have. congratulations. if you are asking if it would be okay for your son to break the rules and play down a grade or two, the answer is no. I bet if you petitioned HoCo and the tournaments in advance and asked for a waiver to play down, they might grant it.
Have you done that, and what did they say?

but if you simply play him down without telling the league or the tournament, you are cheating. and if he is good enough to make an impact on games in the lower division, like the Leading Edge goalie, he should expect a lot of commentary.

By the way, if your son is a 2029 and his peers are mostly 2030's and 2031's, why are you on a 2028 board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the PP, and I am not a Karen, but I am happy to answer your question. My son's team definitely has holdbacks, as do all elite level teams. No dispute there. But whether people like it or not, holdbacks are allowed under the rules of grade based tournaments. A player could be 15, or theoretically even older, and he is eligible to play 2028 if he is currently enrolled in that grade in school. But if he is enrolled in the grade above (ie, finishing up 9th grade right now) that is against the rules and is what people have been calling cheating.
Cheating doesn't always give a competitive advantage, as you could have a crappy 9th grade player who would not make a difference in an elite level 8th grade game, especially when many of the 8th graders are holdbacks. It would still be cheating, but few would notice and only the biggest Karen in the world would bother to complain.
But in this case, the cheater was a starting HS varsity goalie who had played against and practiced with HS players all spring, so that is not only cheating, it gave Leading Edge a huge advantage in an 8th grade tournament. Usually when somebody is wrong, and they know it, they resort to name calling ("Karen"), and you seem to be in that place right now.

If its an unfair advantage to play against and practice with HS players all spring, then why aren't 8th graders who play varsity (which is allowed and seen commonly in some states), barred from competition? To be clear, I'm advocating for AGE based play. There are too many gray areas and exceptions to making it grade based.
why do you keep grabbing at hypothetical straws to justify what the Leading Edge goalie did? people are upset because the kid deliberately broke the rules, as they currently exist, AND it gave him a big advantage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge holdback kid cheated a bunch of 8th graders. Hawks parents have been cheating kids with holdbacks since 4th grade. Nobody cares about your technicalities. Both teams used older kids to gain advantage. Difference is, LE beat Hawks. Take the L and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why do you keep grabbing at hypothetical straws to justify what the Leading Edge goalie did? people are upset because the kid deliberately broke the rules, as they currently exist, AND it gave him a big advantage.

Again, since you were incapable of reading it the first time, I’m advocating for age based play and nowhere in my comment did I justify leading edges actions. Ban both or allow both but enough of this “my kid isn’t cheating because I can pay for more years of boarding school”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Leading Edge aka "The Cheaters" will be at Crabfeast. Don't see anyone knocking them off. There are some teams in A that should be playing in B and B in A. Maybe the Crabs are doing this on purpose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no takers?
Nobody wants to fess up to being a reclass dad?
Yea, I thought so. Your child is not good enough to excel with his age and you’re embarrassed to even admit it on an anonymous forum. The only way you could get your son to stand out on the field and be perceived as elite was to make him repeat an entire year of school. So sad.
Anyway, the offer is out there. Make BOTC history. Be the first to fess up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to fix the system is by going fully age based. If your team has 08s, you are the problem. If your team is some 08s and mostly 09s, you are not the worst but still part of the problem. If your son is on a team of 09s and 10s, congrats you are not a person bag.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RECAP: When Hawks use older kids it is ok. When other teams do it is cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As soon as age rules came into play, Hawks organization went from winning multiple HoCo grades to only winning one. Hawks have been cheating on age kids for years. The 28 team has plenty of kids who should have already been in 9th grade. LE used a kid the same age or younger than multiple Hawks. Quit whining and let the kids play. Entire point of summer lacrosse is to get them ready for high school.
Bring your 10th grader goalie to another tournament this summer and see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parents who are drinking wine and hiding behind computers and threatening kids, be careful, its called cyberbullying. You don't think its possible to track down these anonymous threads to address or cell phone. I'm in the business, its simple and we take cyberbullying very serious. Just relax, they will figure out the rules and make sure ALL teams comply. Careful what you say here. Bullying a kid that you have no idea of the circumstances is not right and you may have someone knocking on your door.

My son, in 7th grade, skipped two grades because his IQ is off the charts. What happens then?

We can argue about lots of things on here, but I think we can all agree that they definitely, definitely will not figure out the rules and make sure all teams comply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland is just filled with cheaters. What a sad bunch of parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge holdback kid cheated a bunch of 8th graders. Hawks parents have been cheating kids with holdbacks since 4th grade. Nobody cares about your technicalities. Both teams used older kids to gain advantage. Difference is, LE beat Hawks. Take the L and move on.

Coming to a lacrosse team near you:

10 kids who say they are going to do a PG year 4 years from now when they are down with high school. For the next 4 years they play down a grade. And when they finish high school they don’t do a PG year. All they had to do was say “hey guys, I’m gonna do a PG year so I’m gonna play down a year in class.”

We should just all say it. Then we are all playing on age!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland is just filled with cheaters. What a sad bunch of parents.

Sorry Long Island Karen, but Leading Edge is from New Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no takers?
Yea, I thought so. Your child is not good enough to excel with his age and you’re embarrassed to even admit it on an anonymous forum. The only way you could get your son to stand out on the field and be perceived as elite was to make him repeat an entire year of school. So sad.

you are starting to sound like one of those political commentators who pretends there is no difference between "immigrants" and "illegal immigrants."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coming to a lacrosse team near you:

10 kids who say they are going to do a PG year 4 years from now when they are down with high school. For the next 4 years they play down a grade. And when they finish high school they don’t do a PG year. All they had to do was say “hey guys, I’m gonna do a PG year so I’m gonna play down a year in class.”

We should just all say it. Then we are all playing on age!!

Well… technically that wouldn’t be smart of them to do in terms of the recruiting aspect of the grade they are playing with. If you’re not going to PG , you would be doing yourself a disservice when it came to your recruiting summer/fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of chatter going around that Leading Edge used ineligible players last weekend at NLF and this weekend at NAL. They brought in high school players who ARE NOT reclassing. I don't care about holdbacks and the double holdbacks that they have. What should be cared about by all is cheating when using kids who are not and will not be 2028’s.

2Way has been doing this for years. These Brunswick kids who are 2027’s but who “plan on doing a PG year” and are playing down in 2028 in the meantime. Complete BS. Don’t know if LE is guilty of such, but that would be pathetic if so. I suspect the BBL parents would know if this is accurate or not… and I agree, holdbacks are part of the game at this point— but your kid actually needs to hold back, and then deal with that process in itself

You might be able to call out 2way for being an almost national team but according to my son who has friends on the team, they only added a fogo and goalie since last year. Apparently the fogo is a Maryland kid. I saw them play the crabs this weekend. They were outsized by the crabs but their skill and athleticism was far superior.

The fogo from MD played with 2way for the first time this past weekend. Same kid who moved FCA -> 91 -> and now DCE. Also plays for Red Hots. Great player, but no loyalty whatsoever. Will have 10 different jerseys in his closet at this time next year. Think he also left McDonogh for some odd reason.

2way’s other fogo in DE was also great. They smoked the crabs at the dot. The crabs has size on D, but not sure about their skill or IQ.

My son also plays on multiple teams and it has nothing to do with loyalty. The trend is for elite goalies and fogos to play on as many teams as they can manage, since reps is what it’s all about. The goalies and/or the fogos on NL, Hawks, Freedom, FCA, 3D, 91 LI, Boston’s Finest, Fog City, etc all played on 3 or more teams this year (not all national teams). It isn’t just at 2028. That’s why all those boys have gotten good, lots of reps and different coaching. If your kid is an elite player at either of those two positions, then you’d know that that’s what college coaches are asking them to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no takers?

you are starting to sound like one of those political commentators who pretends there is no difference between "immigrants" and "illegal immigrants."

There we go, that's what was missing here, political takes. Stay golden, BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way also cheated at the World Series last year. The kid from team money played with them and his birthday is summer 2009.

Leading Edge used actual grade level 2027s at every big tournament they have played for the last two years.

Good luck in high school to all the cheating familes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As soon as age rules came into play, Hawks organization went from winning multiple HoCo grades to only winning one. Hawks have been cheating on age kids for years. The 28 team has plenty of kids who should have already been in 9th grade. LE used a kid the same age or younger than multiple Hawks. Quit whining and let the kids play. Entire point of summer lacrosse is to get them ready for high school.
Bring your 10th grader goalie to another tournament this summer and see what happens.

This weekend’s going to be fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of chatter going around that Leading Edge used ineligible players last weekend at NLF and this weekend at NAL. They brought in high school players who ARE NOT reclassing. I don't care about holdbacks and the double holdbacks that they have. What should be cared about by all is cheating when using kids who are not and will not be 2028’s.

2Way has been doing this for years. These Brunswick kids who are 2027’s but who “plan on doing a PG year” and are playing down in 2028 in the meantime. Complete BS. Don’t know if LE is guilty of such, but that would be pathetic if so. I suspect the BBL parents would know if this is accurate or not… and I agree, holdbacks are part of the game at this point— but your kid actually needs to hold back, and then deal with that process in itself

You might be able to call out 2way for being an almost national team but according to my son who has friends on the team, they only added a fogo and goalie since last year. Apparently the fogo is a Maryland kid. I saw them play the crabs this weekend. They were outsized by the crabs but their skill and athleticism was far superior.

The fogo from MD played with 2way for the first time this past weekend. Same kid who moved FCA -> 91 -> and now DCE. Also plays for Red Hots. Great player, but no loyalty whatsoever. Will have 10 different jerseys in his closet at this time next year. Think he also left McDonogh for some odd reason.

2way’s other fogo in DE was also great. They smoked the crabs at the dot. The crabs has size on D, but not sure about their skill or IQ.

My son also plays on multiple teams and it has nothing to do with loyalty. The trend is for elite goalies and fogos to play on as many teams as they can manage, since reps is what it’s all about. The goalies and/or the fogos on NL, Hawks, Freedom, FCA, 3D, 91 LI, Boston’s Finest, Fog City, etc all played on 3 or more teams this year (not all national teams). It isn’t just at 2028. That’s why all those boys have gotten good, lots of reps and different coaching. If your kid is an elite player at either of those two positions, then you’d know that that’s what college coaches are asking them to do.

That may be the trend but I would guess your son would be welcome back on his previous teams. The one mentioned above is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This only works if your loyalty is with the main, local club team. If you’re absent from one of their hi levels tournaments because you’re playing for another “national” team, you’ll be replaced with someone who is committed to being there all the time. And it’s the home club program director who’s helping your recruiting efforts, not some national coach who hardly knows you. But sure, keep up the mercenary work. It might work out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is what many think it is outside and some insde lacrosse world ,

an elite snobby sport with inferior private school athletes who need every advantage Mommy and Daddy can give them to compete.

All these posts confirm that !

Compare it to FB,BB,BaseB, Yea , some skirting rules here and there, but nothing like lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you going to do about it. Don’t write checks your @ChillLaxin can’t cash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be the trend but I would guess your son would be welcome back on his previous teams. The one mentioned above is not.

I won't comment on any particular player, but let's be honest, nobody stays on a travel team out of loyalty. Players who are getting good playing time, good coaching, a good culture, and are happy with their experience stay out of self interest. Players at the bottom of the roster who know they have no other options also stay out of self interest. I have never heard of a player who is unhappy on a team or not getting the playing time he wants, and who has an option to go somewhere better, stay with his current team out of loyalty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t you say he’s playing currently on multiple of those teams so how is he not welcome back. This doesn’t seem to be about lacrosse and more like you have a personal issue. I detest when salty parents use this forum to attack kids, keep it to lacrosse and grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches are asking these 28’s to do this??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love the outrage of these holdback parents. PG parents and holdback parents are BOTH gaming the system to get their kids an age advantage.

Please get off your high horse holdback daddy's. You've taken advantage of a loophole in the rules for the past few years allowing your kid to beat up on younger kids. Everyone knew the loophole was wrong and unfair and that's why holdback parents are embarrased that they leverage it. And that's why they've now closed the loophole for younger grades. Stop with the holier than thou act about PG kids.
What’s funny is when they holdback and their kids still aren’t dominate, ie look at crabs. That recipe only worked for crabs when they added holdbacks that already had some talent, that’s clearly not the 28’s. They’ve never even made it to the championship game in their own tournament, despite the favorable schedules. Their only three elite players are on age. Take those three away and you basically have a bunch of old preds level players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you going to do about it. Don’t write checks your @ChillLaxin can’t cash

where is Leading Edge 2028 playing this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not directly, of course. They have relationships with Goaliesmith and the other trainers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not directly, of course. They have relationships with Goaliesmith and the other trainers.

I like how you snuck Team 91 in there even though it's not on the same level as those other clubs in terms of overall or goalie play. Well done, 91 goalie dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like how you snuck Team 91 in there even though it's not on the same level as those other clubs in terms of overall or goalie play. Well done, 91 goalie dad.

The Express North ‘28 goalies are the best in the class by far, and the only play on ONE team. No need to travel all over the country chasing stats when the college coaches aren’t even sniffing the 2028’s yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like someone has a hard on about 91. gosh I wonder who that might be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely not. And if the kid burns a bridge w a club director, that’s certainly not helpful either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like someone has a hard on about 91. gosh I wonder who that might be.
91 MD isn’t even Elite. I think they won 1 HoCogame last 2 years. Move along

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing is two best players on former Preds aren’t on Crabs. The others do start and do well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute Classic of a game today between FCA and Hawks in the Millon Showcase championship

FCA led the whole game until the Hawks took over in the 4th, scoring with seconds to go to win

Congrats to both team. Representing the area well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute Classic of a game today between FCA and Hawks in the Millon Showcase championship

FCA led the whole game until the Hawks took over in the 4th, scoring with seconds to go to win

Congrats to both team. Representing the area well

FCA put Next Level through the meat grinder early in the day…. I guess those new players aren’t helping much.

Like Reply Quote
Page 269 of 278 1 2 267 268 269 270 271 277 278
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard