BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,759
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know it gets harder as the players get older but seems like the window to change teams is closing earlier than usual and this is probably last good opportunity to change teams for the 2030s. Any thoughts?

If your kid is good enough you can always find a spot elsewhere.

My 2023 is my youngest and I know I'll get crucified for this advice I'm going to offer it anyway.

IF your daughter wants to play in college (it's fine if she doesn't that's not what this is supposed to be about 24/7) you want to find a club where she will play a LOT vs. being on a "highly ranked" team where she plays way less.

Yes connections between coaches is important but college recruiters care way more about what you're doing on the field than they do they colors you're wearing. Don't feel pressured to always put your daughter on the "best" team all the time. Save some money, build some relationships, and earn playing time.

I understand what you are saying. But if you aren't playing on the top teams, there are not a lot of eye balls on your DD. You don't get placed in the top divisions at the top tournaments. The matchups between elite teams is where you will find the coaches scouting.

This is what club coaches and directors will tell you but that's because they want your money.

There are PLENTY of coaches who will see your daughter even if you're not in the Double Gold AAA brackets. They'll see them at tournaments. You'll do prospect days. You'll do showcases. They'll come to high school games.

And if you're not on the field, they are watching someone else.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop focusing on "top X" teams. It just doesn't matter to anyone except the parents. And the club directors who market to those parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone worries about the wrong stuff at this age it’s about getting better, hard work and learning the correct way to play the game. Here is the biggest problem PARENTS WITH UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Know your kid is she having fun and getting better if that is happening then your in a good spot . My experience is parents ruin everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone worries about the wrong stuff at this age it’s about getting better, hard work and learning the correct way to play the game. Here is the biggest problem PARENTS WITH UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Know your kid is she having fun and getting better if that is happening then your in a good spot . My experience is parents ruin everything

But what’s the right way to get better? Riding the pine but practicing at a high level (on a top team) or starting against lesser comp (lower team)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to play in games, at competitive times to get better. Practice def helps but you need to be on the field Gametime

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a heads up….GC Tradition 2030 has open up tryouts to ALL players for 2030, 2029, and 2028.

That is interesting to know. Their 25 team has quite a few impressive commits.

Hoping some of the kids from 2030 Liberty team comes over, would be a Top 20 team.

You also wouldn’t have to deal with the Jesters organization managing your tournaments. You would be priority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t sleep on Team 91. Huge upset at Summer Genesis with 91 beating M&D black in the playoffs this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. Tradition with the dad coaches and the GC parent politics will make it a nightmare of a club. Playing time based on who the parents have drinks with… and GC politics are next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t sleep on Team 91. Huge upset at Summer Genesis with 91 beating M&D black in the playoffs this weekend.

Guys come on it was a 20 min game in overtime...the player who started with the ball charged into someone so much so she was still on the ground when the team was celebrating their win. 91 also played in a c bracket all weekend with 30/31 combo teams while m&d exhausted themselves playing top 10 teams all weekend in 97 degree heat.

Play a full 40 minute game against them or put yourself in an A bracket for once and see how good you do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. Tradition with the dad coaches and the GC parent politics will make it a nightmare of a club. Playing time based on who the parents have drinks with… and GC politics are next level.

please see the list of recent commitments and the top commit from out of town going to northwestern

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus, with a majority of girls playing HS together, it will not be an easy team to break into. Girls don’t pass to girls they don’t know. On any team. Opening it up in the older years doesn’t make any sense if you don’t open it up in the younger years too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please see the list of recent commitments and the top commit from out of town going to northwestern

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much agreed that was the non charge call saw around the world

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus, with a majority of girls playing HS together, it will not be an easy team to break into. Girls don’t pass to girls they don’t know. On any team. Opening it up in the older years doesn’t make any sense if you don’t open it up in the younger years too.

I disagree. Girls even at 6 grades can tell pretty quickly who plays well and who doesn't. If they are team players and want the team to win, they will pass to the right person. Many other club teams have a geographic focus, e.g. Liberty, Jesters. Many of the non-GC 2025 have great recruiting outcomes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. The 91 girl tried to run around the (much) smaller M&D girl, tried to dodge her, the M&D girl basically lost her balance and fell into the 91 girl who ran past her. I mean, that’s not defense. It was a good pass at the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record. I am not a 91 parent. I just watched the game while waiting for our team to play. I thought it was pretty cool and I thought 91 looked solid. If 91 didn’t have some level of skill and talent they wouldn’t have been even able to come close to M&D. But that is just my opinion. Ya’ll are too intense for me. Take it down a notch. It is really not that serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. Girls even at 6 grades can tell pretty quickly who plays well and who doesn't. If they are team players and want the team to win, they will pass to the right person. Many other club teams have a geographic focus, e.g. Liberty, Jesters. Many of the non-GC 2025 have great recruiting outcomes!

Agreed. Girls who care about winning will do what it takes to win. Even if it means "passing to someone they don't know"

What a goofy comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opposing & Rival team parent and we are happy for 91 Fury/Frenzy
Good luck the rest of the way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fury brought down 2029 Roar best player (who is a true 2030). Shes a game changer and not on Fury team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I normally don’t respond on this notIntelligent site About 12 year-old lacrosse, but I feel I have to. First of all 91 was in the second bracket just under M and D bracket. They played 3 games in the blazing heat on Saturday and 3 games in the blazing heat on Sunday so they were pretty tired too. To try and take away from the fact that these girls played their butts off and beat the number one team in the country makes you pathetic. This is clearly Disgruntled coach or parent that can’t take the fact that a lower level team beat a top ranked team. I personally don’t give a @ChillLaxin if my daughter is on the 500th ranked team. It’s about them getting better and having fun doing it. Everyone on this site should be embarrassed when they decide to comment on 11 and 12-year-old girls like it’s NFL football. get a life. By the way they also played MD United in the championship and played amazing!!! They lost 6-3 but played them tougher than anyone that was in the number one division so maybe that says something about 91. Big fan!!!! Go 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a complete lie!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have friends whose kids are on FRENZY not fury. And They 100% do NOT bring girls from their other teams. Where are you getting your information, you don’t even know the team name. They actually have an amazing bunch of girls who work very hard and have come a really long way since the beginning of the tournament season and they deserve the credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fury brought down 2029 Roar best player (who is a true 2030). Shes a game changer and not on Fury team

Lax needs to be regulated like youth soccer. Only rostered on one team and teams by birth years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true at all.

What is not true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an absolute lie. The 2030 team did not bring down a player from Roar. Roar was not even playing at the same location. Make sure you fact check before you spread lies. Just makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so sad the girl is a 2030 … but I bet if we compare birth certificates the M&d team has a ton of 2029 girls when age verification hits 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so sad the girl is a 2030 … but I bet if we compare birth certificates the M&d team has a ton of 2029 girls when age verification hits 😂

She didn’t play so who cares. Congrats to 91. Everyone just be happy for them and that a LI team beat marylands best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t have a pony in the fight but would just compare the public rosters from last couple of tournaments to this one and you will have your answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No strong Liberty girls are going anywhere. This is fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an absolute lie. The 2030 team did not bring down a player from Roar. Roar was not even playing at the same location. Make sure you fact check before you spread lies. Just makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Come on 91, at least give her the same jersey in the team pic on insta for cryin' out loud !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If in Nassau/ wester Suffolk with decent player, would you rank the tryouts you’ll be attending in this order:

1. Jesters
2. Igloo
3. Top Guns
4. Team 91
5. Tradition
6. Liberty

I assume Jeaters is tough to break into, so do we do 2-4?

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If in Nassau/ wester Suffolk with decent player, would you rank the tryouts you’ll be attending in this order:

1. Jesters
2. Igloo
3. Top Guns
4. Team 91
5. Tradition
6. Liberty

Thoughts?

What are you looking for in a club? What are your goals for your daughter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s this Andrew Smith clown I keep hearing about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think he coaches the 2030s

1. Jesters
2. Igloo
3. Top Guns
4. Team 91
5. Tradition
6. Liberty

Thoughts?

Top 25 academic division 1 is the goal

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443795 Yesterday at 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Jesters
2. Igloo
3. Top Guns
4. Team 91
5. Tradition
6. Liberty

Thoughts?

Top 25 academic division 1 is the goal

She's 12. How could you possibly know if she's going to be good enough (either athletically or academically) for that?

The goal at 12 should be great training and improvement with a side of confidence building. Period.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443801 Yesterday at 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who’s this Andrew Smith clown I keep hearing about?

Who coach the 2030 then? they have more than one male coach who loves yelling at the girls? I have heard a lot of parents quietly complain. I have also heard first hand on the side line last year. Wasn't lucky enough to play them this year yet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443802 Yesterday at 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Jesters
2. Igloo
3. Top Guns
4. Team 91
5. Tradition
6. Liberty

Thoughts?

Curious why you would leave out YJ completely

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443844 Yesterday at 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Jesters
2. Igloo
3. Top Guns
4. Team 91
5. Tradition
6. Liberty

Thoughts?

Curious why you would leave out YJ completely

In Nassau and wouldn’t play on YJ Nassau and YJ Suffolk too far

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard