BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,819
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 88 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So two girls have left M&D recently? Seems odd. Must be a coaching change.

You probably already know the answer to your own questions and just stirring the pot. Here's something for your pot. 2 players left, yes, but not due to a coaching change. Rather their parents have expectations that aren't realistic for players that don't move the needle. Leaving was the best thing and good luck to the new team in handling them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was because there will not be a coaching change...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would people want to go to crush? A good coach for sure but how will help his kids get to a D1 school or help them get to a different d3? Will be interesting to see if they get into top tournaments as well.
The coach must have a plan and the confidence of the players and parents to get them recruited because none of them are bailing out to take your daughter's position.

None of them? You sure? That's not the word on the street.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was because there will not be a coaching change...

THIS is def the answer you are looking for - players indeed left because there WILL NOT BE A COACHING CHANGE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your stalking pleasure there are still one or two more left of the crew to go

I would love to know what the Crush families think of all these potential additions. I can't imagine all would be happy about this, as it could mean less playing time or cuts for some of the current players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’ve been around teams long enough, you know that parents grow unhappy for one reason or another. Sometimes they decide they’ve outgrown the team and quietly move on, and sometimes they try to cause chaos on the way out. Regardless, it’s always better for everyone if unhappy people move on to somewhere where they get their needs met (as long as the kid is happy too). This stuff happens all the time, and though the demise of a top team seems like fun gossip, it’s never going to happen. All the top teams in this area are stacked with great players and there will always be other good players who would be happy to step up to take a spot on a top team, especially one with the recruiting strength of M&D.
If you’ve been around teams long enough, you know that parents grow unhappy for one reason or another. Sometimes they decide they’ve outgrown the team and quietly move on, and sometimes they try to cause chaos on the way out. Regardless, it’s always better for everyone if unhappy people move on to somewhere where they get their needs met (as long as the kid is happy too). This stuff happens all the time, and though the demise of a top team seems like fun gossip, it’s never going to happen. All the top teams in this area are stacked with great players and there will always be other good players who would be happy to step up to take a spot on a top team, especially one with the recruiting strength of M&D.

Yes, exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you’ve been around teams long enough, you know that parents grow unhappy for one reason or another. Sometimes they decide they’ve outgrown the team and quietly move on, and sometimes they try to cause chaos on the way out. Regardless, it’s always better for everyone if unhappy people move on to somewhere where they get their needs met (as long as the kid is happy too). This stuff happens all the time, and though the demise of a top team seems like fun gossip, it’s never going to happen. All the top teams in this area are stacked with great players and there will always be other good players who would be happy to step up to take a spot on a top team, especially one with the recruiting strength of M&D.

Ok Coach....just keep it down on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your stalking pleasure there are still one or two more left of the crew to go

I would love to know what the Crush families think of all these potential additions. I can't imagine all would be happy about this, as it could mean less playing time or cuts for some of the current players.

Crush families can't be too happy. Gaining 2 problems while making more with less playing time for current players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. They can find a coach who will put up with their entitled nonsense. Dear Susie doesn’t get to play the side of the circle she wants or doesn’t get every start. Parents yelling at coaches on the sidelines after games about playing time. Calling players names. Again, some still yet to go. Will be the best thing to ever happen to that team. From what I saw at impulse they looked better than ever. Even without their top middle since 3rd grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly!! Keep watching!! Hopefully two more moves coming asap!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully for this weekend, no one is sad to see them go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch! We are talking about 14 year old girls here. I can’t imagine how the girls on the team would feel if they saw these messages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an M&D parent, I can assure you that the only people who want these girls, or any others, to leave are the parents who have already left. Based on their actions, it's obvious they were hoping for a mutiny, they don't want to be the only ones to jump ship. In fact, I would not be at all shocked if this wasn't them, trying to make players feel like they're not wanted when they definitely 100% are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an M&D parent, I can assure you that the only people who want these girls, or any others, to leave are the parents who have already left. Based on their actions, it's obvious they were hoping for a mutiny, they don't want to be the only ones to jump ship. In fact, I would not be at all shocked if this wasn't them, trying to make players feel like they're not wanted when they definitely 100% are.

I really hope you are right. Because if not and that is just the culture on the team, no wonder people are jumping ship mid-season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really hope that you are right. If not, and these types of comments are just the culture of the coaches or other parents on the team, no wonder people are jumping ship mid-season. No teenage girl should be around that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really hope you are right, because if this is actually the culture of the coaches and/or parents still on the team, no wonder people are jumping ship mid-season. No teenager should be around this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really hope you are right, because if this is actually the culture of the coaches and/or parents still on the team, no wonder people are jumping ship mid-season. No teenager should be around this.

This is absolutely not the culture of the parents STILL on the team, or the kids and coaches. All the parents I've spoken to are eager to put the current negativity behind them and to move forward as a team (yes, the whole team). They also wish the girls who left well, they are nice girls and good players who still have many friends on the M&D team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really hope you are right. Because if not and that is just the culture on the team, no wonder people are jumping ship mid-season.

It's not mid-season. Teams can see the finish line with 3-4 tourneys left. I don't understand not closing out the season with only about a month left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not mid-season. Teams can see the finish line with 3-4 tourneys left. I don't understand not closing out the season with only about a month left.

Because you get a head start on your team for next year, when it is big year for this age group and tough to crack already established MD teams... or the culture is that bad and 3-4 tourneys is a lot of lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the word about upcoming tryouts? Looks like Crush is at capacity, but what about Skywalkers? This is usually the year that they have a ton of turn over, think 27s had like half the team change last year. Is this the outlook for the 2028 team or are they looking to stay relatively stable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush families can't be too happy. Gaining 2 problems while making more with less playing time for current players.

Honestly, I not sure either of them would get much, if any, PT at Crush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly there is no best team to be on right now. Hero’s and Crush are coached well for their biggest challenges but not consistent across the board. M&D is having some internal struggles. Coppermine has all the talent any team would need but allow the ship to sink with the selfish play of two players, Skywalkers has moments but no complete efforts and MDU seems to have dropped out of the conversation. Not asking for someone to come forward touting their daughter’s team- just saying they all have issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly there is no best team to be on right now. Hero’s and Crush are coached well for their biggest challenges but not consistent across the board. M&D is having some internal struggles. Coppermine has all the talent any team would need but allow the ship to sink with the selfish play of two players, Skywalkers has moments but no complete efforts and MDU seems to have dropped out of the conversation. Not asking for someone to come forward touting their daughter’s team- just saying they all have issues.

I would say the best team to be on is the one that fits your daughter's lacrosse goals the best, with the understanding that nothing is perfect and there will be struggles. For my DD, that's a team where she's developing, getting meaningful game experience, and where she has people she likes to be around. But for others, it may look different. It may be more about wins or losses, for example. Everyone needs to consider what their DAUGHTER'S values and goals are when it comes to this game, and try to find the team where most of the time those things are being met. Although, of course, that can be easier said than done. This is probably the last year we'll see much movement. So good luck to everyone who's looking to find their last stop before recruiting years are upon us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the word about upcoming tryouts? Looks like Crush is at capacity, but what about Skywalkers? This is usually the year that they have a ton of turn over, think 27s had like half the team change last year. Is this the outlook for the 2028 team or are they looking to stay relatively stable?

Although the current SW 2028 might be looking to stay, that doesn't mean they will be relatively stable. The 2027 team didn't turn over because girls wanted to leave, it was because the influx of girls that show up for SW high school tryouts due to their recruiting history and SW is more than happy to replace the girls that they have "developed" to keep that recruiting history in tact. It will be interesting to see what happens this year due to Crush and Coppermine being so strong at the 2028 level likely keeping players that would traditionally try to make the move to SW for high school. I assume there will still be a large number of girls from many clubs at SW tryouts this summer and if my daughter was currently on SW I wouldn't feel too secure in their spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Although the current SW 2028 might be looking to stay, that doesn't mean they will be relatively stable. The 2027 team didn't turn over because girls wanted to leave, it was because the influx of girls that show up for SW high school tryouts due to their recruiting history and SW is more than happy to replace the girls that they have "developed" to keep that recruiting history in tact. It will be interesting to see what happens this year due to Crush and Coppermine being so strong at the 2028 level likely keeping players that would traditionally try to make the move to SW for high school. I assume there will still be a large number of girls from many clubs at SW tryouts this summer and if my daughter was currently on SW I wouldn't feel too secure in their spot.

Not sure the is a "top" club worse at developing and retaining talent more than SW, who relays on getting girls from other programs as stated above.
SW does have a B team though, so they won't cut those kids altogether.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure the is a "top" club worse at developing and retaining talent more than SW, who relays on getting girls from other programs as stated above.
SW does have a B team though, so they won't cut those kids altogether.

Have they had problems with retention? I haven't noticed players leaving beyond #'s that all teams lose. Anyway, at this stage of the game, the question for anyone looking at SWers or playing for them is less about development and more about recruiting, which they do have a proven track record of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will take a hit in my opinion. With Michael gone they don’t have a go to person even though the have a guy going to all the games. Making sw means you might start with blue and then get moved to white in the fall during recruiting year. Many from the 24 and 25 have spoken to ha sing to having to get themselves recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full Blue roster! Watch out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got beaten by 10 by Maryland United? Did anyone witness who can explain what happened there? Were they missing players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got beaten by 10 by Maryland United? Did anyone witness who can explain what happened there? Were they missing players?

I assume you are referring to the MDU vs Skywalkers game with a score of 13-3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are referring to the MDU vs Skywalkers game with a score of 13-3?

Just wasn’t our day. MDU won most of the draws and played a pretty clean game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the top teams will look at a kid if they reach out. I heard Sw and Copp are both looking at players that can help. Heros is taking a kid from NY to try and improve. If you want to know reach out to the coach at a team you are interested in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay NY Dad.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the top teams will look at a kid if they reach out. I heard Sw and Copp are both looking at players that can help. Heros is taking a kid from NY to try and improve. If you want to know reach out to the coach at a team you are interested in.

Coppermine doesn’t need to look at players that can help. They have plenty on their current roster. Just need to use them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine doesn’t need to look at players that can help. They have plenty on their current roster. Just need to use them.

Hero’s hasn’t added any players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine has so much depth and talent yet they sit on the bench. Results showed this weekend it’s time to start seeing that.

Congrats to Hero’s on a strong weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine has so much depth and talent yet they sit on the bench. Results showed this weekend it’s time to start seeing that.

Congrats to Hero’s on a strong weekend.
Unfortunately, some teams forgot this was a Showcase Event and not a championship format! Kudos to the few teams that provided equal playing time to all their players - regardless of winning or losing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 2 players on Coppermine are allowed to shoot. As teams become older and more knowledgeable it won’t work anymore. They are definitely a team on the decline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely not the culture of the parents STILL on the team, or the kids and coaches. All the parents I've spoken to are eager to put the current negativity behind them and to move forward as a team (yes, the whole team). They also wish the girls who left well, they are nice girls and good players who still have many friends on the M&D team.

This type of activity is common at this grade. Next year it will be less as the malcontents with their situation start realizing where their place actually is with regards to teams and ability. Yes there is still some delusional parents/players but it gets less each year.

Boys have the same issues too at this grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 2 players on Coppermine are allowed to shoot. As teams become older and more knowledgeable it won’t work anymore. They are definitely a team on the decline.
2.5 now...although 2 players probably account for 95% of their shots and goals. Feel sorry for the other players when the recruiting showcases start in two years.

Like Reply Quote
Page 84 of 88 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard