BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,687
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 89 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 89
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes have done a great job at recruiting at the youth level. Any time they play a team w talent, they go about poaching said kids to come play for them…and it’s working. Parents love being told how great their kid is and fall for it.
Meanwhile, kids that have been there get pushed aside or cut. It works until it doesn’t. Right now, it’s working

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes have done a great job at recruiting at the youth level. Any time they play a team w talent, they go about poaching said kids to come play for them…and it’s working. Parents love being told how great their kid is and fall for it.
Meanwhile, kids that have been there get pushed aside or cut. It works until it doesn’t. Right now, it’s working

Basically what Tigers XXVI did, albeit as a single age group rather than operating at the club level. To your point, they will be pulling in kids and families that are prone to that behavior and it's easy come easy go. It must be really tough to build a sustainable model. You have to be able to offer things that other clubs cannot. That used to be the NLF, but there are other competitive tournaments out there like NAL that offer similar competition. I can think of coaches also being a big differentiator. I'm talking about big splashy coaches - but that probably eats into the overhead too much. I think Team Ten had/has Jordan Wolf as a coach, right? How'd that work out - I imagine it was positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today is the day all “holdback” dads hope to be a part of. Happy holdback day.
How many time was Pat Kavanagh held back? Extra year at ND, PG year after Chaminade, any before that? Can't argue with success. Just have to deal with it.

100%. College coaches want holdbacks. They want older guys who are more mature. I don't understand why people don't accept that as fact. As long as that is the case, it doesn't matter how much everyone whines about it.

Regardless of reclass or not, look at the height and weight of the rosters in college. if you are under 6FT, you are the exception. The only way you are making it to the next level is if you are physically gifted. You have to have the Frame AND the athleticism. Holding back doesn't add inches to your frame or give you extra athleticism.
6'4'' seemed to be the expected height out there this weekend. Lacrosse is become a more mature sport at the NCAA level. The 5'8'' middie with all heart ain't getting looks at the next level anymore.

If you are complaining about holdbacks, it means your son can't hold his ground against a bigger/stronger athlete. He ain't making the cut at the next level. That is ok. He can play club lacrosse and probably have a great time and make some great memories. Nothing wrong with that. Considering only 3% of High School lacrosse players play NCAA, I'm assuming 97% of us on this board (probably 99%) didn't play in college either and look at us. We are totally OK... other than the fact that we are ranting back and forth on this forum which is probably a sign on mental illness.

Speed, strength, agility, stick skills and overall game awareness are all more important than height. This isn’t basketball. I played NCAA collegiate lacrosse and some of the best players I’ve played with or against were under 6 feet tall. The best player I’ve played with or against was about 5’9” and he was VERY good. Kavanaugh bros are under 6 feet, two of NDs first line middies are under 6 feet. Size and height can help, especially on defense, but it certainly is not the end all be all. The problem is having lofty expectations when you have none of the aforementioned attributes AND you’re small
How many time was Pat Kavanagh held back? Extra year at ND, PG year after Chaminade, any before that? Can't argue with success. Just have to deal with it.

100%. College coaches want holdbacks. They want older guys who are more mature. I don't understand why people don't accept that as fact. As long as that is the case, it doesn't matter how much everyone whines about it.

Regardless of reclass or not, look at the height and weight of the rosters in college. if you are under 6FT, you are the exception. The only way you are making it to the next level is if you are physically gifted. You have to have the Frame AND the athleticism. Holding back doesn't add inches to your frame or give you extra athleticism.
6'4'' seemed to be the expected height out there this weekend. Lacrosse is become a more mature sport at the NCAA level. The 5'8'' middie with all heart ain't getting looks at the next level anymore.

If you are complaining about holdbacks, it means your son can't hold his ground against a bigger/stronger athlete. He ain't making the cut at the next level. That is ok. He can play club lacrosse and probably have a great time and make some great memories. Nothing wrong with that. Considering only 3% of High School lacrosse players play NCAA, I'm assuming 97% of us on this board (probably 99%) didn't play in college either and look at us. We are totally OK... other than the fact that we are ranting back and forth on this forum which is probably a sign on mental illness.

Speed, strength, agility, stick skills and overall game awareness are all more important than height. This isn’t basketball. I played NCAA collegiate lacrosse and some of the best players I’ve played with or against were under 6 feet tall. The best player I’ve played with or against was about 5’9” and he was VERY good. Kavanaugh bros are under 6 feet, two of NDs first line middies are under 6 feet. Size and height can help, especially on defense, but it certainly is not the end all be all. The problem is having lofty expectations when you have none of the aforementioned attributes AND you’re small

Skill, IQ, speed, and toughness all trump size in lacrosse. The best players in college have all those qualities and the ones that dominate usually, but not always, also have size.

Kavanagh shows this to be baloney. Smart, agile, master of fakes, and riding with his brother. His body of work speaks for itself. Small is the new big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kavanagh shows this to be baloney. Smart, agile, master of fakes, and riding with his brother. His body of work speaks for itself. Small is the new big.

The Kav brothers are clearly great players. There are always elite players in the mix that are "small". Now if they had size with all thos attributes, they'd be playing on the irish basketball team or football team and be in line for a big contract at the next level. They'll have to settle for an ND Degree, a wall street job, and a few summer weekend playing with the boys for love of the game in the PLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hump day! What are the big tourney's this weekend to be on the look out for? Great time of year boys!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hump day! What are the big tourney's this weekend to be on the look out for? Great time of year boys!

Wheels fest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best clubs will be at NAL. if your club isn’t there, re-evaluate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best clubs will be at NAL. if your club isn’t there, re-evaluate
I am re-evaluating. Thanks for looking out brother.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Platinum cup lineup this weekend looks stoked. And easy day trip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL is the place to be this weekend. Platinum Cup is a great option for B teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL is the place to be this weekend. Platinum Cup is a great option for B teams.

Isnt the NAL for middle school kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it depends on your age group .. platinum cup 2027 has Laxachusetts black (#1) , Leading edge (12), crabs (10), WCS Gold (8), kings (11) and the best high school club in the world HHH (60)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH 27 - 60th? I’ve seen them play, should be 100s.
Woof

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woof

What rank was your team in 9th grade clown?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woof

It’s basically a brand new team this year. Will probably look considerable different at the end of the summer. They have some straight up ballers. Give em time. They are 15 year olds!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westtown's Lax coach is retiring? They were on a bit of an ascent, no? I know most folks don't really care about Westtown, thought the retirement was curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woof

Luckily we did not have online club ranking in 1989.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woof
What is wrong with you people? These are kids. They're fine. Team TEN and HHH parents need to relax. Behave like this and your kids are going to grow up to be totally trashy and insecure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westtown's Lax coach is retiring? They were on a bit of an ascent, no? I know most folks don't really care about Westtown, thought the retirement was curious.

Probably trying to make Fusion Philly relevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not defending the lunatic’s comment but 27s are in HS, so pipe down w the crying, “they’re kids”
I’ve seen them play, a few good kids, but I don’t see that ranking getting much better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably trying to make Fusion Philly relevant
Is this the Dukes Nationals guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not defending the lunatic’s comment but 27s are in HS, so pipe down w the crying, “they’re kids”
I’ve seen them play, a few good kids, but I don’t see that ranking getting much better.
I didn't realize you became an adult at 15. There is no need to put high school kids down. If it makes you feel better about yourself, you should keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're in the middle of PIAA playoffs and this board is full of weirdo adults ranting and raving about youth teams. Just genuinely bizarre behavior from many of you.

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Radnor over North Allegheny
Mount Lebo over Garnet - game of the day and really interesting matchup imo
Marple over ACC
Rustin over Lower Dauphin
Mars over Devon Prep
Trinity over South Fayette

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, former Duke’s National coach that got caught doing shady things. Interestingly, heard he was doing similar nefarious things at the other HS he coached at

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, former Duke’s National coach that got caught doing shady things. Interestingly, heard he was doing similar nefarious things at the other HS he coached at

What high school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're in the middle of PIAA playoffs and this board is full of weirdo adults ranting and raving about youth teams. Just genuinely bizarre behavior from many of you.

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep
Lots creeps in this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Bro, nobody cares about PIAA post season. Malvern won over Haverford. That was the end of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woof

It’s basically a brand new team this year. Will probably look considerable different at the end of the summer. They have some straight up ballers. Give em time. They are 15 year olds!!!

D looked pretty good. The O is still gelin’. They will be much improved by the time NLFNC rolls around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

So far it looks like you were right on every pick except the Trinity vs South Fayette game. Garnet Valley vs Mount Lebo happening right now. I project:
AAA semis
La Salle over Springfield
Radnor over Garnet Valley
AAA finals
La Salle over Radnor

AA semis
Marple over WC
Mars over South Fayette
AA finals
Marple over Mars

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Bro, nobody cares about PIAA post season. Malvern won over Haverford. That was the end of the season.

Pretty much what you're saying is, "If isn't not Inter-ac lacrosse it doesn't matter". Did you also say that last year after Radnor spanked Malvern 15-7? That was Malvern's worse loss of the season, at the hands of who? A PIAA team. No disrespect to Malvern, as they are a strong program, but don't sit here acting like inter-ac lacrosse is the only lacrosse. It makes you sound unintelligent. There's plenty of quality lacrosse in the PIAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Pretty much what you're saying is, "If isn't not Inter-ac lacrosse it doesn't matter". Did you also say that last year after Radnor spanked Malvern 15-7? That was Malvern's worse loss of the season, at the hands of who? A PIAA team. No disrespect to Malvern, as they are a strong program, but don't sit here acting like inter-ac lacrosse is the only lacrosse. It makes you sound unintelligent. There's plenty of quality lacrosse in the PIAA
That guy is a clown. He is saying there are only two teams in the entire state of PA worth watching. It’s a very sad man trying to get attention because his wife left him for a better man and he has nothing but inter AC memories to keep him going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of The Vern and the Fords, the inter-ac stinks, absolutely pitiful.
Episcopal, SCH, PC nor GA would’ve made it to the semi’s of PIAA.
Go back to ironing your popped color, spanky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

That guy is a clown. He is saying there are only two teams in the entire state of PA worth watching. It’s a very sad man trying to get attention because his wife left him for a better man and he has nothing but inter AC memories to keep him going.

Malvern is more focused on summer tournaments than winning their own conference. 2 years in a row Haverford undefeated Interac Champs. Won 4 our of the last 6 versus Malvern. Malvern is the CNN of social media do not believe everything you read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Buddy Malvern didnt even win the Interac. Malvern use to be tough school who would not claim bogus championships. What happened? PIAA no one beating LaSalle they are a private. They have a good team this year. Next year will be Springfield year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Buddy Malvern didnt even win the Interac. Malvern use to be tough school who would not claim bogus championships. What happened? PIAA no one beating LaSalle they are a private. They have a good team this year. Next year will be Springfield year.

La Salle is the favorite this year in my eyes but I wouldn’t be surprised if Radnor or Springfield pulled it out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Salesianum 17
Radnor 3

But keep chirping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches all over the sidelines this weekend. High end talent everywhere. If you weren’t there , you need to re-evaluate your goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprising results from HHH at platinum cup. ‘25 played a gauntlet. Looked better today though. ‘26’s had a really strong showing yesterday and ran into some tough teams today. ‘27 played about as expected both days. Beat who they should have, played some high level competition.

How’d other club around Philly fair today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts
LaSalle over Manheim
Springfield over DT East
Marple over ACC
Mars over Devon Prep

Salesianum 17
Radnor 3

But keep chirping.

Only one chirping is the guy trying to discredit PIAA lacrosse. Sallys had a great year this year. Congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Birddogs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 86 of 89 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 89
Quick Reply