BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,752
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chances a Long Island team takes home the World Series title?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 only realistic team from LI with a shot. Igloo missing their top scorer, and has limited talent after that. Eclipse is the obvious team to beat, but a couple of others will show up with new players and surprise. Wishing all the best of luck, and enjoy the experince.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 only realistic team from LI with a shot. Igloo missing their top scorer, and has limited talent after that. Eclipse is the obvious team to beat, but a couple of others will show up with new players and surprise. Wishing all the best of luck, and enjoy the experince.

Every team from Long Island has a chance. Unfortunately for them, eclipse has a bigger chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree on Eclipse. Little harsh on Igloo. 91 lets see if 28’s mix well with 29’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree on Eclipse. Little harsh on Igloo. 91 lets see if 28’s mix well with 29’s.

28’s already played at Qualifiers and practicing for months. Team has gelled and looks great. Will be top 4 for sure.

Igloo has injuries and ineligible lefty attack because of a few hours hurts tremendously. That comment probably not meant as disrespect.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

28’s already played at Qualifiers and practicing for months. Team has gelled and looks great. Will be top 4 for sure.

Igloo has injuries and ineligible lefty attack because of a few hours hurts tremendously. That comment probably not meant as disrespect.
lets be fair here even with the "28"'s playing w/ 91 there not much different than igloo it was a 2 game goal with the last goal being scored on an empty net in the WSQ, they beat them straight up as well this year .. nobody knows who can compete w/ eclipse... Igloo hasn't played them yet. 91 lost 3x to them Eclipse is def the team to beat but dont count anyone out yet these are 12/13 year olds let downs happen on all sides. Having watched all of these teams I would argue that 1 player won't make or break Igloo there is plenty of depth on that team they run 20+ kids a game on the field ..29 age group is not very deep in general.. but 91/igloo/express have most of the top talent with a couple of others here or there on teams. Id give Igloo the nod on depth of roster currently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lets be fair here even with the "28"'s playing w/ 91 there not much different than igloo it was a 2 game goal with the last goal being scored on an empty net in the WSQ, they beat them straight up as well this year .. nobody knows who can compete w/ eclipse... Igloo hasn't played them yet. 91 lost 3x to them Eclipse is def the team to beat but dont count anyone out yet these are 12/13 year olds let downs happen on all sides. Having watched all of these teams I would argue that 1 player won't make or break Igloo there is plenty of depth on that team they run 20+ kids a game on the field ..29 age group is not very deep in general.. but 91/igloo/express have most of the top talent with a couple of others here or there on teams. Id give Igloo the nod on depth of roster currently.

The 29 age group is plenty deep. They are just spread out. The best 29 plays on Venom. The best offensive player who regularly plays 29 ball is on Mooselax.
The reason Igloo loses at all is because they run 20+ kids a game. Taking the bona fides off to give playing time to keep people happy costs them. Once the kids hit high school and the first catholic school kid gets poached by express it’s all over for Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 29 age group is plenty deep. They are just spread out. The best 29 plays on Venom. The best offensive player who regularly plays 29 ball is on Mooselax.
The reason Igloo loses at all is because they run 20+ kids a game. Taking the bona fides off to give playing time to keep people happy costs them. Once the kids hit high school and the first catholic school kid gets poached by express it’s all over for Igloo.
29 age group is not that deep u actually just validated my point and no argument on the 2 u mentioned. And if u ever watched igloo play you would retract your comment. The depth is not the issue and losses how many do they have this year and to who? Sorry but that part of your statement is not accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the WS last year Venom was the team to beat and 2 Way was the next "best" team with Eclipse, BBL, Freedom, Boston all right there. Express North came out of nowhere to beat all of them. Point being, you never know - it's a 1 game tournament once you get to day 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

29 age group is not that deep u actually just validated my point and no argument on the 2 u mentioned. And if u ever watched igloo play you would retract your comment. The depth is not the issue and losses how many do they have this year and to who? Sorry but that part of your statement is not accurate

I would guess the team with the most and best 28s have the best shot. I emphasize most because if you add 3-4 players who have been playing high school level lacrosse the last few months, it’s going to make a big difference.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28’s graduated 8th grade 2 weeks ago. What are you talking about “HS level lacrosse”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28’s graduated 8th grade 2 weeks ago. What are you talking about “HS level lacrosse”?

In various regions 8th graders play with the HS team they’re zoned for or if the middle school is linked to the high school they play with that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would guess the team with the most and best 28s have the best shot. I emphasize most because if you add 3-4 players who have been playing high school level lacrosse the last few months, it’s going to make a big difference.

That would be the Rebels. They have 5 of them starting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In various regions 8th graders play with the HS team they’re zoned for or if the middle school is linked to the high school they play with that team.

Is that a serious question? Tell me you know nothing about lacrosse without telling me. There are quite a few Long Island 8th graders that played high school lacrosse this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that a serious question? Tell me you know nothing about lacrosse without telling me. There are quite a few Long Island 8th graders that played high school lacrosse this spring.

Yeah, the holdbacks and they ain’t qualifying to play down a year in the World Series. Oh also, Long Island isn’t the center of the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2009 can finally play on grade next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s face it, 29’s are a weak age group on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, the holdbacks and they ain’t qualifying to play down a year in the World Series. Oh also, Long Island isn’t the center of the world.

You’re 100% correct about Long Island. I am the one who wrote that and was just using locally as an example because this is a Long Island centered forum. I should have been more clear. But my point was that it’s kind of hard to predict 7th grade lacrosse, especially when you throw in some 8th graders who have been playing at the high school level. And this is where you’re incorrect. They are not holdbacks. There will be several 8th graders this year from several teams across several regions at the World Series who are age eligible, not holdbacks, and have been playing higher level lacrosse for several months. Will that change the outcome of some games? Your guess is as good as mine, but keep this in mind. Several of the top players, and the leading scorer of Express North last year, were 27s. This isn’t a grade based tournament. It’s age based. Should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 4 from 28’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re 100% correct about Long Island. I am the one who wrote that and was just using locally as an example because this is a Long Island centered forum. I should have been more clear. But my point was that it’s kind of hard to predict 7th grade lacrosse, especially when you throw in some 8th graders who have been playing at the high school level. And this is where you’re incorrect. They are not holdbacks. There will be several 8th graders this year from several teams across several regions at the World Series who are age eligible, not holdbacks, and have been playing higher level lacrosse for several months. Will that change the outcome of some games? Your guess is as good as mine, but keep this in mind. Several of the top players, and the leading scorer of Express North last year, were 27s. This isn’t a grade based tournament. It’s age based. Should be interesting.

Face it, the little guy just ain’t that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Face it, the little guy just ain’t that good.

What little guy? What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be the Rebels. They have 5 of them starting.[/quote]

They have 4 from 28’s[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what positions are the starting 28s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 4 teams all can beat each other. I don’t see any of them winning it all at the WS. The brackets will determine who gets the furthest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 4 teams all can beat each other. I don’t see any of them winning it all at the WS. The brackets will determine who gets the furthest.
very realistic statement not totally proven yet... but I do think maybe 2 of the 4 in a perfect storm could give eclipse a run but a lot of things would have to go thier way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very realistic statement not totally proven yet... but I do think maybe 2 of the 4 in a perfect storm could give eclipse a run but a lot of things would have to go thier way

And what are the 4 top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think they are referring to:

1 - 91 Pride
2 - Igloo
3 - Express
4 - Moose
12 - Rebels

91 is the only one with a realistic shot of beating Eclipse and or a Ringer team from Philly.
91 has three strong players from 2028, all will have huge impacts, the rest of the teams don't have that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think they are referring to:

1 - 91 Pride
2 - Igloo
3 - Express
4 - Moose
12 - Rebels

91 is the only one with a realistic shot of beating Eclipse and or a Ringer team from Philly.
91 has three strong players from 2028, all will have huge impacts, the rest of the teams don't have that.

True, but they aren’t alone on that front. Several teams will have new contributors. 91 does have a solid core though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge took out Eclipse this weekend so it’s possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 4 from 28’s[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what positions are the starting 28s?[/quote]

Def - newer than other 4 - big defenesmean, too old though. buy a few weeks
LSM fast, good stick skills
lefty Middie - only a lefty. We never let him go to his left and shut him down. he has nothing else.
RIghty Attack - shifty, fast, but very small
FOGO - fool fast hands, but so small. We just beat him down and he can not keep up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 4 from 28’s

lefty Middie - only a lefty. We never let him go to his left and shut him down. he has nothing else.
FOGO - fool fast hands, but so small. We just beat him down and he can not keep up.[/quote]

Scouting report?
Have any other teams analyzed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 4 from 28’s

FOGO - fool fast hands, but so small. We just beat him down and he can not keep up.[/quote]

12 -13 yr olds. You have issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 4 from 28’s

Out of curiosity, what positions are the starting 28s?

Scouting report?
Have any other teams analyzed?[/quote]

If those kids don’t reclass next year they’re back to the same old Rebels. All the analyzing you need.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If those kids don’t reclass next year they’re back to the same old Rebels. All the analyzing you need.

Save your analysis.
All those boys have bright futures.
Worry about your own kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 teams from Long Island in the WS. Who has the hardest schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whichever one ends up on the same side of the bracket as eclipse or 91. I don’t think any of the LI teams can beat 91 with their adds and I don’t think any of the LI teams, including 91, can beat Eclipse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that the eclipse goalie, who lives in fla and goes to img, just played at naptown with the boston team, so how can me meet the WS requirements to play with eclipse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whichever one ends up on the same side of the bracket as eclipse or 91. I don’t think any of the LI teams can beat 91 with their adds and I don’t think any of the LI teams, including 91, can beat Eclipse.
Eclipse will be a challenge for most of the LI teams as far as beating 91 don’t agree .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s his 3rd year playing in the WS. Massachusetts, Owen’s Hero’s (Florida) and now Eclipse. Very interesting being allowed to play for teams from 3 different locations with the 100 mile requirement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s his 3rd year playing in the WS. Massachusetts, Owen’s Hero’s (Florida) and now Eclipse. Very interesting being allowed to play for teams from 3 different locations with the 100 mile requirement.

Maybe he has 3 different houses. Sounds about right with the path lacrosse has taken in the last 5 years.

In all seriousness, they are the most talented team there. Tons of depth. Not unbeatable though. It’s 13 year old lacrosse. 5 or 6 teams could beat them. A few of which have not been mentioned. A few of which haven’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team probably has an asterisk including 91 with their premier X player who 😉 lives/lived within 100 miles of their HQ. It’s a shame that the rules were bent way back for many but if a kid missed the 9/1 cutoff by a few hours or a day or so, that rule was followed to the T.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard